Chael will be the first 240lb light heavyweight fighter

First of all Vinny Maghalaes already debunked that 240lb rumour and said Chael was actually 234lbs that very day. They train together and Vinny posts on sherdog.

secondly:

Tito 250lbs for the Rogerio fight.

Loading yourself with IV bags the hours after weigh in doesnt mean he fights at 250lb. I said in the cage weight not after 3 dinners, 12lbs of iv bags, etc.

No he cannot. Just like Forrest (for example) he will walk around a ripped 240 and then go down to 230, 225 to cut the rest then. He will rehydrate to about 230. There is no way you can rehydrate 35lbs in 24 h.

Welcome to 2012.

Sonnen will be heavier then Jones that is a fact. But its not gonna help him. He will still get destroyed.

I wonder if Chael will have any cardio left after gaining this weight

The big difference though is that genetics are a part of every human being, a natural phenomenon. To close the gap with someone who is naturally superior to you by artificially super-enhancing yourself with TRT is unfair in my opinion and should be banned.

That's like saying protein powders should be banned because they aren't natural. At some point you have to realize it is subjective and rules need to be made to make it fair. Currently TRT is within the rules as is a ridiculous 6:1 T to E ratio as a poster pointed out.

Sonnen will be heavier then Jones that is a fact. But its not gonna help him. He will still get destroyed.

I'm interested in how much stronger Chael will be. It could be this added weight tips him into the "Power puncher" category, as crazy as that sounds. It likely won't , but it's interesting nonetheless.

This is a guy who is coming in MUCH stronger for his LHW titlebout than he ever has before. At the very least it will show us what a strong Chael can do. If he gets dominated by Jones then it's pretty much the death bell for his career.

First of all Vinny Maghalaes already debunked that 240lb rumour and said Chael was actually 234lbs that very day. They train together and Vinny posts on sherdog.

secondly:

Tito 250lbs for the Rogerio fight.

some people will believe anything.............

It is physically impossible to cut 45 lbs of water weight and rehydrate back to 250 within a few hours.

The video is confirmed to be fake, Ortiz admitted he was holding weight plates when stepping on the scale.

You would be wrong. Rampage and Tito came in around 220lb to 225lb. There is a reason the old heavyweight limit is around 235lb, most heavyweights couldn't cut to the lower division.

Chael, TRT and his nutritionist are the reasons Chael can cut from 240lb to fight Jones.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Mike-Dolce-Chael-Sonnen-is-240-lb-and-ripped.html

Mike Dolce is a snake oil salesman who makes his name (and money) off of seemingly impossible claims like you're referencing. You sir are gullible.

They get whatever dose the doctor thinks is relevant, not necessarily 100mg. To fight in the UFC your T to E ratio needs to be under 4:1 so finding a doctor that gets you close to that would be in your best interest without breaking any rules. Furthermore any fighter with a TRT exempetion doesn't even need to follow the 4:1 ratio, so it's hard to know from a pee test what Chael's actual testosterone rating is.

You would lose size on 100mg, though.. Maintain on 200mg. Probably need a solid 400mg to gain.

some people will believe anything.............

It is physically impossible to cut 45 lbs of water weight and rehydrate back to 250 within a few hours.

The video is confirmed to be fake, Ortiz admitted he was holding weight plates when stepping on the scale.

The video is fake, but gaining 45lbs of _weight_ after a weigh in isn't. Water alone, maybe. You must remember a fighter empties his stomach for a weigh in, so after rehydrating and eating 45lb for a serious weight cutter is within realm.

Like I said though, Chael will be the first legit 240lb fighter to make light heavy weight. He has made the same deep water cut for middleweight, this time he doesn't have to cut muscle in the fight camp. Could be the best Chael we have seen.

The same TITO who weighed 202lb for a fight? Yeah, seems likely. TITO wasn't on the obvious sauce with the latest in cutting technology.

he's said it himself he's weighed 235 on fight night, that head weighs 50 on it's own

If you actually believe he is 240 and ripped... haha...

he's said it himself he's weighed 235 on fight night, that head weighs 50 on it's own

And how is 235lb made to equal 251lb like that poster claimed with the fake video?

The point remains Chael will be the first legit 240lb light heavyweight fighter.

Yeah, I was reading in that thread where Vinny was posting. Vinny said that he himself was weighing about 240 and Chael was 234. Maybe Dolce meant Sonnen's wearing his belt, jeans, shirt, shoes and his wallet weighed 240.

he weighs 240 pounds now? cool
well the fights in april, after he goes through a training camp and a weight cut he wont be weighing 240

The video is fake, but gaining 45lbs of _weight_ after a weigh in isn't. Water alone, maybe. You must remember a fighter empties his stomach for a weigh in, so after rehydrating and eating 45lb for a serious weight cutter is within realm.

Like I said though, Chael will be the first legit 240lb fighter to make light heavy weight. He has made the same deep water cut for middleweight, this time he doesn't have to cut muscle in the fight camp. Could be the best Chael we have seen.

I'm not buying it unless you can provide evidence of someone cutting an obscene amount of weight who balloons back 45 lbs.

Right now the standard for the big cutters is to be 20 lbs heavier than the weight limit on fight night, I'm having a hard time believing someone can weigh 45 lbs over the limit when stepping in the cage.

Sonnen may be loaded up with TRT which should give him an unfair advantage, he will still lose badly.

I find it impossible to believe that fans who talk like this workout whatsoever. Its a legal supplement that helps you bust your ass harder. I see no issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back