Media Chad mendes's return fight

Chad Mendes vs Ryan Garcia in a gimmick boxing fight

Burgos. Both have something to gain with a win. Mendes was and probably still is a real guy. He's in shape, has the work ethic. So can't put him in there with a can. Someone good, but keeping the layoff in mind.

I wonder if he will come back in the same weight class as before ?
or if his upcoming fight is even in the UFC ?

Joes wearing lifts in shoes, thats why he has that titled forward angle. He wears them all the time to get more inches in height lmao

<{danawhoah}>

Holy shiat! He has 3-1/2” heel soles in the rear, it looked like he went on his tippy toes like a girl would to make her features “pop”

All respect to Chad (and his epic fight with Aldo is a all-time fight in the division) the guy was in fact busted for PEDS and a lot of his game revolved around being a freak athlete.

He's skilled, but nobody would claim he's the most skilled. Chad was the best athlete out of TAM and everyone said as much across the board. Assuming he's playing by the USADA rules now and he's on the wrong side of 35, do we really picture him being the bully with an athletic edge in there?

Obviously I'm going to tune in but I think he's going to get hurt.

I would not assume he's playing by USADA rules now. Nothing against Mendes in particular, but I think it is a much safer assumption that athletes respond to failing PED tests by trying to improve their methods of beating those tests and not by stopping their usage of banned PEDs.

Don't give him a top end matchup. Let these guys prove they can even beat the 20th ranked guys before giving them #7 just because of name value and how they used to be good back in the day. With that said I wouldn't mind a veteran name back in the mix but I feel like as soon as he loses he'll retire again.
O'Malley is outside the top 15. Would be a good fight for both to show where they are relative to the top 15.

I knew he wouldn't stay retired, I'd like to see him and KZ go at it.

Rogan is funny with that chest out, shoulders back, and chin up pose he’s doing. I wonder if there’s a Rogan Camera angle based on the height of his guests.

But seriously guys, i can't be the only one curious to see one of the best FW's from the 2010's making a come back. Any opponent ideas?
I think he’s still got something left in the tank. I’m not certain he can fight for the belt though. Either way, I wish him the best. He seems like a good dude.

I'd love to see him against a top 15 guy like Topuria or Evloev.

Evloev is not a good first fight back after a long layoff Mendes get his plate cleaned by that machine...

Well, if its Ige thats a hell of a fight!
Chad’s dropped 3 of his last 4 and has been gone a while. Is Ige a bit much for his comeback? Maybe even someone outside the top ten. Is Cub too low on the rankings?

Chad’s dropped 3 of his last 4 and has been gone a while. Is Ige a bit much for his comeback?

I’d like to think so, but Chad is still a name and 2x title challenger, he may not settle for a no-name way behind the ranks.

You would think Chad would want to capitalize his comeback and fight as high as possible……Ige just lost.

Back