Media Chad mendes's return fight

Mendes should've never left. The lighter weights aren't kind for aging athletes. Still hope he has enough in his tank for a last run.

Mendes should've never left. The lighter weights aren't kind for aging athletes. Still hope he has enough in his tank for a last run.
Yeah, I got the impression that Mendes didn't realize how good Volkanovski was and thought if he couldn't beat him he couldn't win the belt. We later found out that Volkanovski is the best FW and Mendes had him hurt. I wish he didn't retire either.

He says he has a fight announcement. Who do you guys want to see him fight? I'd love to see him against a top 15 guy like Topuria or Evloev. FW is better with Chad in it, so I hope he sticks around for a few fights.

Hopefully against someone more winnable than the two guys you mentioned.

I would not assume he's playing by USADA rules now. Nothing against Mendes in particular, but I think it is a much safer assumption that athletes respond to failing PED tests by trying to improve their methods of beating those tests and not by stopping their usage of banned PEDs.

Fair enough.

In Chad's case, he's looking at a lifetime / career ban with another failure. He's likely to be under a lot of scrutiny. From what I've seen he's still ridiculously jacked too!

Back