International 'Cerberus' Heatwave Threatens to Break Records in Southern Europe

Kebab National Forest??? Must visit!

Sorry, that was not my only take from this informative post I swear!

Kaibab* šŸ˜

It's a Paiute Native American word translating to ā€œmountain lying downā€ and refers to the massive land mass and island in the sky known as the Kaibab Plateau. And yes, you should go. It's up there amongst the most peculiar oddities on earth, not least because it is cut through and bordered by the most spectacular steep-sided canyon and greatest geological spectacle on the planet.

It has a Kƶppen classification that borders on being a continental subarctic climate, and that makes no fucking sense given Arizona's latitude and surrounding geography. A subarctic climate and environment is found only 185 miles (300km) from Phoenix as the bald eagle flies. But such is the impact that dramatic elevation changes can and do possess. It may be the most regal looking forest in the western hemisphere, and there was hardly another soul in sight when I went during the 4th of July.

Arizona State Highway 67 provides access to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. The drive from Jacob Lake to the North Rim has been described as ā€œthe most pleasant 44 miles in Americaā€. The highway is (also) a designated National Forest Scenic Byway and a State Scenic Parkway. The Byway starts on State Highway 67 (SR-67) and continues to the end of Grand Canyon National Park on the North Rim. As the route passes through the Kaibab National Forest, visitors can view beautiful high elevation mixed conifer forests, subalpine meadows, montane grasslands, ponds, and limestone outcrops. Wildlife is abundant along this highway, watch for mule deer and meandering buffalo!

It's really only accessible from mid-May to mid-October because the whole area gets buried by as much as 250 inches of snow during the winters.

18 Degrees Above Normal.

GY2Q_HVboAAoRWS

PHOENIX (AZFamily) ā€” The record-breaking heat at the start of fall is bringing out a lot of different emotions in people.

Despite the disappointment about the temps, plenty of people were out and about on a September Sunday in Phoenix. Many told Arizonaā€™s Family they intended to stay well-hydrated and in shady spots. Living in the desert, one can expect to deal with hot temperatures. But itā€™s never been this hot this late in the year.

ā€œItā€™s ridiculous. Iā€™m about to move up north for good,ā€ said Cody Willsey, one of the people Arizonaā€™s Family crews spoke with Sunday afternoon. ā€œNormally, this time of the year, Iā€™d say itā€™s still warm all the way up until Halloween, but itā€™s normally under 100 or at 100.ā€

Heat relief efforts around the county and in Phoenix were originally supposed to end on Sept. 30 for the year. The Maricopa Association of Governments is extending its Heat Relief Network map to Oct. 31. The map shows the active locations of water, cooling, and donation sites throughout the county.

The City of Phoenix is also keeping open the 24/7 respite center at Burton Barr Central Library through Oct. 7 and operating all other cooling centers and hydration stations during normal business hours through Oct. 7.
It's good they are doing this no oneā€™s actually addressing the real problem. It seems like peaks will continue to climb an there wll be drops but more upside then downside.

In the coming decade we could see this drag out through December. I think the experts say we have passed the point of no return. They used water temps as a way to monitor the point of no return. They say 2 degrees per decade now it's blowing past those numbers.

I guess they view the way it's acting it has spun out of control. No predicting the rates anymore due uncertainty of the water temps.

It's not really a conspiracy, its just how things work.

If you work doing climate study and are funded by government grants, then making things look dire or extreme is to your financial benefit as you will likely see more funding or at least your funding will be less likely to be taken away. Regarding the media, the more extreme the headline, the more clicks they get so naturally they blow everything out of proportion.

Now try it the other way, how big of an industry is the fossil fuel industry? How much money ? Create think tanks that sow doubt in climate scienceā€¦.

Now try it the other way, how big of an industry is the fossil fuel industry? How much money ? Create think tanks that sow doubt in climate scienceā€¦.

We already know that fossil fuel magnates did with climate science the exact same sh*t that tobacco companies did with cancer study. And that's not good enough for these goons..

Reactions: PEB
Exxon according to the last few years known this was an on coming problem in the 1970s. They are now blaming consumers for the problem. But Rex Tillerson "Former Exxon CEO" said famously farmers will just have to move. Oh well I had 78 degrees today Oct 2nd so I am not complaining. If it goes down like last year should be free of snow till December an no serious accumulation till Jan. Massachusetts resident.

We already know that fossil fuel magnates did with climate science the exact same sh*t that tobacco companies did with cancer study. And that's not good enough for these goons..

The lack of critical thinking by the anti green anti science crowd makes me realize that idiocracy is real.

Herp derp climate is just weatherā€¦

Back