• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International 'Cerberus' Heatwave Threatens to Break Records in Southern Europe

Global warming or temperatures isn't the issue. Pollution is the issue that most closely affects us all and will have the gravest consequences on future generations. It already is. Cancer rates skyrocketing everywhere. That ain't from CO2 or a slight rise in average temps.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are a random idiot on Sherdog. You saying that global temperatures aren't an issue is a misguided opinion that holds no value to anyone. You do realize that, right? I don't mean to be harsh, but you're facing what is essentially a consensus of all of the world's experts on this subject; a community that has spent tens of millions of hours researching the Earth's climate and ecosystems for decades.

You have spent basically no time researching this subject, but are somehow both simultaneously stupid and arrogant enough to arrive at an opposing conclusion, and feel that it has some level of value that goes beyond comforting your own ego.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are a random idiot on Sherdog. You saying that global temperatures aren't an issue is a misguided opinion that holds no value to anyone. You do realize that, right? I don't mean to be harsh, but you're facing what is essentially a consensus of all of the world's experts on this subject; a community that has spent tens of millions of hours researching the Earth's climate and ecosystems for decades.

You have spent basically no time researching this subject, but are somehow both simultaneously stupid and arrogant enough to arrive at an opposing conclusion, and feel that it has some level of value that goes beyond comforting your own ego.

I'm stealing that for my sig if you don't mind?

Neither do you. And even if we did, so what? 2 degrees? Your panic is completely unfounded. You have no understanding of nature and the ability for things to adapt. You also clearly don't understand that 99.9% of all life that has ever existed on earth has been driven extinct by extreme climate change or cosmic influence that had nothing to do with mankind.

Nuts.

I find it simultaneously endlessly amusing and mind boggling how confidently you make these absurd declarations that show nothing other than your own stupidity.

I'm well aware of natures ability to adapt, as well as the fact that most life that has existed on earth is now dead - unlike you, I understand basic 8th grade science. You, on the other hand, clearly don't understand the issue at all.

The one of more concern is parroted less. Of course environmentalists couldn't give up the benefit of plastic completely now, could they?
Lots of pollution beyond co2 is created through the burning of fossil fuels with many of the pollutants being carcinogenic.

Lots of pollution beyond co2 is created through the burning of fossil fuels with many of the pollutants being carcinogenic.
California says everything is potentially carcinogenic.

It's a scary world out there.

I think you underestimate the time I've spent on the topic.

And yet simultaneously aren't self-aware enough to understand how ludicrous your very own assessment is, under the very same logic.

Astounding, really.

When you want to point to the disasters and markers showing we're at 11:59, let me know champ.

I find it simultaneously endlessly amusing and mind boggling how confidently you make these absurd declarations that show nothing other than your own stupidity.

I'm well aware of natures ability to adapt, as well as the fact that most life that has existed on earth is now dead - unlike you, I understand basic 8th grade science. You, on the other hand, clearly don't understand the issue at all.
You're in panic mode for something you have no control over. It's why you're so fanatical.

Well I mean I don't believe that.

I believe that the spikes and falls as we generally accept them have been very dramatic and part of a larger pattern - and turning that drama up and creating an out-of-turn spike is an obviously extremely worrying concept for all of us.

Now if nobody had any money to make from any of this, and that goes for both left/right, yes/no politics, what would you honestly rather do?

Take a fucking risk because supposedly "normal" and "not that bad" or maybe try to rein it all in?

I honestly can't fathom how any honest human being cannot say "Let's give green a try" at this point in time, it's definitely not the more monetized system compared to gas and fucking oil, who have held the cards for the last century and more. The motivation for continuing with fossil fuels is literally old rich families and shitty governments who got rich off the stuff saying "no, no, don't believe that", and that's not at all convincing or subtle.

graph-from-scott-wing-620px.png

We are in a very cool period historically.

You're in panic mode for something you have no control over. It's why you're so fanatical.

As we saw during covid, society is full of these 'we gotta do SOMETHING' types who end up doing something awful because they can't help themselves.

The earth is scorching everywhere!!!! While simultaneously increasing in greenery by 5% over the last 20 years!!!

Everybody run underground!!!

graph-from-scott-wing-620px.png

We are in a very cool period historically.

Ah yes, exactly the graph I was talking about.

Notice how millions of years pass with each 'small' plateau and valley?

Now look at 'today' on that graph.

Jesus Christ, that is frightening. That kind of upturn hasn't happened for 450 million years, and even then the upturn was symmetrical.

This is the first time in history, according to that graph, that we're fucked.

I think you underestimate the time I've spent on the topic.

And yet simultaneously aren't self-aware enough to understand how ludicrous your very own assessment is, under the very same logic.

Astounding, really.

Oh cool, why don't you list your credentials on the subject then? I'm sure they're comparable to the aforementioned tens of millions of hours of research by the scientific community.

I honestly would love to have a long, fruitful discussion with you here. It should be quite entertaining (well maybe not for you, but for everybody else at least).

Oh cool, why don't you list your credentials on the subject then? I'm sure they're comparable to the aforementioned tens of millions of hours of research by the scientific community.

I honestly would love to have a long, fruitful discussion with you here. It should be quite entertaining (well maybe not for you, but for everybody else at least).
You first big guy. You wanna exchange dick pics next? You appealing to authority before a conversation has even started? ROFL, get outta here hack.

Back