Canelo vs Callum Smith Dec.19th DAZN In Texas

Who wins?

• Total voters
Loving that this is only £2 in the UK because it's on the newly launching DAZN. We'll get Parker v Fa and Garcia v Campbell included in that too I think.

The height and reach difference will be pretty huge (7 and 8 inches), Kovalev only had a 2 inch reach advantage over Canelo.

It's just a little odd to announce a fight of this magnitude with such short training camps. Like I said, Canelo pretty much lives in the gym so I'm sure he's ready. But Smith? I don't know.

further proof that Canelo is an overrated fighter and takes full advantage of being the "A side."

amirite @PUO3 and @Seano ??

further proof that Canelo is an overrated fighter and takes full advantage of being the "A side."

So you are thinking that Canelo was in training camp before signing the contract, forcing Smith to fight in a shorter training camp than him to get an advantage ?
But Canelo is not ducking, he said that he will give a chance to Charlo & Spencer to fight him if they wanted too. It's fine if he profit for the A side. Everyone did.

Props to Canelo for finally stepping up after Smith had the worst performance of his career.

So you are thinking that Canelo was in training camp before signing the contract, forcing Smith to fight in a shorter training camp than him to get an advantage ?
But Canelo is not ducking, he said that he will give a chance to Charlo & Spencer to fight him if they wanted too. It's fine if he profit for the A side. Everyone did.
Canelo has been in camp permanently with Ryan Garcia. So yes he is in shape. Not sure about smith I guess he must be near weight though to take the fight and therefore prob has been training to some degree

Last edited:

Clear cherry pick by fighting someone his critics claimed he would never fight.

just for the record I was clearly joking

I knew that coward would take the path of least resistance. When is Canelo gonna finally man up and finally face Fury? Enough of this testing the waters with SMW champions

Remember when he was too small for middleweight and wouldn't be able to hang there? Now he needs to fight Bivol or Beterbiev, or he's a bum.

I think this all goes back to HBO hyping Canelo up too early. They were talking him up when he was beating guys like discount-Hatton, and a lot of people pegged him as a hype job. Except he wasn't, and I think that's a tough pill to swallow for those who wrote him off early.

Remember when he was too small for middleweight and wouldn't be able to hang there? Now he needs to fight Bivol or Beterbiev, or he's a bum.

I think this all goes back to HBO hyping Canelo up too early. They were talking him up when he was beating guys like discount-Hatton, and a lot of people pegged him as a hype job. Except he wasn't, and I think that's a tough pill to swallow for those who wrote him off early.
I wrote him off early! After I saw him progress more near to what he is today, I was like... this guy is the classiest boxer the sport has left, and that was a pleasant surprise! Not sure what there is to be mad about when talent is so high and so much to appreciate.

Yeah, idk who he is supposed to face, Beterbiev? Maybe one of the charlos and they get a bat? Like he has boxers to stack up against. He doesnt have to be Jason Bourne and diffuse a hostage situation mid fight, he can just go ahead and beat relevant contenders which is all he does anymore.

Like I legitimately dont know what will ever be good enough for the haters

Back