Canelo vs Callum Smith Dec.19th DAZN In Texas

Who wins?

• Total voters
I wrote him off early! After I saw him progress more near to what he is today, I was like... this guy is the classiest boxer the sport has left, and that was a pleasant surprise! Not sure what there is to be mad about when talent is so high and so much to appreciate.

Yeah, idk who he is supposed to face, Beterbiev? Maybe one of the charlos and they get a bat? Like he has boxers to stack up against. He doesnt have to be Jason Bourne and diffuse a hostage situation mid fight, he can just go ahead and beat relevant contenders which is all he does anymore.

There's always new contenders who spring up. There will always be someone he should fight who he isn't, because he's busy fighting the last guy he was suppose to fight. Now that he's signed to fight Smith, it'll be Saunders or Andrade or Charlo. Motherfucker would have to fight them all in the same night and even then some asshole will say "why isn't Plant apart of this?"

There's always new contenders who spring up. There will always be someone he should fight who he isn't, because he's busy fighting the last guy he was suppose to fight. Now that he's signed to fight Smith, it'll be Saunders or Andrade or Charlo. Motherfucker would have to fight them all in the same night and even then some asshole will say "why isn't Plant apart of this?"
<Lmaoo><45><45>[<dunn]

When the scorecards start resembling the fights, maybe? Wouldnt it be something if without Oscar, Smith took a decision in a close fight:)
Wouldn't it be something if Canelo knocks Smith the fuck out and you didnt come back all smug acting like the win didn't count again, just like every time Canelo wins?

I cant see this fight happening with a gate like Tank/Santa especially as Texas hospitalizations are skyrocketing right now

Julio Cesar Martinez vs. Francisco Rodriguez Jr., 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBC flyweight title
Added on the card.

Frank Sanchez will become one of the few fighters to box three times in this unusual year beleaguered by the COVID-19 pandemic.

BoxingScene.com has learned that the Cuban heavyweight contender will meet Mexico’s Julian Fernandez on December 19 in San Antonio. Their 10-round bout will be part of the Canelo Alvarez-Callum Smith undercard at Alamodome.

Like Alvarez, Sanchez is trained by Eddy Reynoso. Sanchez, who stands 6-feet-4, is moving around with Alvarez during sparring sessions in San Diego to help the Mexican superstar prepare for the 6-feet-3 Smith.

frank-sanchez%20(2)_2020_11_08_062106.jpg

The 28-year-old Sanchez (16-0, 12 KOs) most recently stopped Brian Howard in the fourth round November 7 at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The developing Sanchez dropped Howard (15-4, 12 KOs) once in the third round and twice in the fourth round, when referee Jerry Cantu halted their scheduled 10-round encounter.

Matchroom officially announced the inclusion of their four young fighters on Saturday.

• Pacheco (10-0, 8 KO) is a 19-year-old super middleweight, and is lined up to face Rodolfo Gomez Jr (14-4-1, 10 KO) in an eight-round bout
  • Espino (6-0, 4 KO) is a 20-year-old middleweight/super middleweight, set to take on Ashton Sykes (5-3, 1 KO) in a six-rounder
  • Williams (6-0, 5 KO) is the oldest of the group at 24, and the middleweight will face Isiah Jones (9-3, 3 KO) in a six-rounder; you may know Jones from three appearances in the Top Rank “bubble” this summer, going 1-2 overall with losses to Nikoloz Sekhniashvili and Wendy Toussaint, and a win over Donte Stubbs
  • The 21-year-old Castro, a bantamweight, is looking to finally turn pro after a positive COVID test and an ankle injury shelved him from a pair of attempts to do so this year
In addition to these fights and the main event, Julio Cesar Martinez will defend the WBC flyweight title against veteran Francisco Rodriguez Jr, which could be a sneaky good fight if Rodriguez makes weight OK (he hasn’t actually made flyweight since 2016, fighting at 115 the last few years).

I for one cannot wait for 2021, when Canelo completes his hat-trick of Smith Bros., & faces Stephen Smith.

I for one cannot wait for 2021, when Canelo completes his hat-trick of Smith Bros., & faces Stephen Smith.
Are you complaining about him fighting Callum?

Are you complaining about him fighting Callum?

No, I am making a high-level joke about him fighting the rest of the Smith clan.

The Callum Smith fight is actually a decent match-up, Smith's struggles with British-title level John Ryder aside (& let's not pretend he'd have got this fight if he'd've bombed Ryder out in two rounds, like).

But I'm certainly not like hailing it from the rooftops. I saw Smith struggle to land on Skoglund (sp?); he's big as fuck but basic as you like, very little head movement, nothing but 1-2, walk back, repeat. I was impressed he finished off Groves but Groves was fucked after the Eubank shoulder injury & had been in faaaaaaaaaaaar too many wars to try to overpower a big bastard like Smith toe-to-toe.

Ginger will outbox him or stop him late, IMO.

Who've you got?

Sheet. Guess I have to give DAZN money... at least for a month, and when they don't let me cancel again get another new card...

Back