Canelo vs Callum Smith Dec.19th DAZN In Texas

Who wins?

• Total voters
I really want to see Canelo vs Benavides, I know fat chance but I want to.

Smith is a tough motherfucker and I can’t wait to see him fight again. Did not give him a round, maybe 1, but I’m an idiot thinking he was gona get KOd, dude is a warrior.

They litterally asked Canelo about cruiserweight during the post fight press conference...
Canelo flat out said 160 & 168 from here out.
Yet somebody will say he's ducking Bivol...
Canelo won't be any good until he beats AJ, Fury, and Wilder with his hands tied behind his back

As far as 160 and 168 are concerned the most intriguing fight for Canelo is Benavidez. That being said the kid seriously lacks some focus and right now he’s a poor risk / reward ratio. He’s got to earn his shot.

I mean realistically my favorite fight would be Bivol because he is stylistically a nightmare for everyone but that fight is a pipe dream, Benavides is more realistic.

As far as 160 and 168 are concerned the most intriguing fight for Canelo is Benavidez. That being said the kid seriously lacks some focus and right now he’s a poor risk / reward ratio. He’s got to earn his shot.
That dude fkd up a chance to unify/ bad blood rivalry fight with both him and Plant. Would of helped make both of them bigger stars...
Now he also missed out on a shot at Canelo with his foolishness when he was in the running.

I really want to see Canelo vs Benavides, I know fat chance but I want to.

Smith is a tough motherfucker and I can’t wait to see him fight again. Did not give him a round, maybe 1, but I’m an idiot thinking he was gona get KOd, dude is a warrior.
My hat is off to Smith. He was completely and totally outclassed and could have easily wilted and gotten out of there. It sounded like Canelo was laying it on a heavy bag.

On the arm, this isnt a torn bicep. This is a contusion from Canelo smashing the fuck out of it over and over.

Canelo does Benavidez the same exact way, probably worse since Benavidez leaves his face unprotected. If I was in El Bandera Rojas camp watching that fight last night I’d be making my plans to move up to 175 and get my body armor up in order to deal with Canelos body attack, because that performance from Canelo was a rude awakening for everyone in that division. Stand in front of Canelo and you lose.

That dude fkd up a chance to unify/ bad blood rivalry fight with both him and Plant. Would of helped make both of them bigger stars...
Now he also missed out on a shot at Canelo with his foolishness when he was in the running.

Benavidez has the potential to become the biggest waste of talent if his boxing era.

Canelo does Benavidez the same exact way, probably worse since Benavidez leaves his face unprotected. If I was in El Bandera Rojas camp watching that fight last night I’d be making my plans to move up to 175 and get my body armor up in order to deal with Canelos body attack, because that performance from Canelo was a rude awakening for everyone in that division. You stay in front of Canelo, you lose.

Benavidez may have the pop and slickness to make Canelo think before he walks him down. He’s way more talented than Smith, even if he lacks the discipline.

Benavidez may have the pop and slickness to make Canelo think before he walks him down. He’s way more talented than Smith, even if he lacks the discipline.

More talented is debatable, especially when you consider that Smith comes from a boxing family and has a brother that shared the ring with Canelo. I see nothing in Benavidez as a fighter or in his camp that sways me. His only, and I mean only shot, would be to make it a knockdown drag out fight and he probably still loses.

More talented is debatable, especially when you consider that Smith comes from a boxing family and has a brother that shared the ring with Canelo. I see nothing in Benavidez as a fighter or in his camp that sways me. His only, and I mean only shot, would be to make it a knockdown drag out fight and he probably still loses.

Smith is better taught, but way less naturally slick than Benavidez. Their best combos can barely be compared in that regard.

It has seemed like they've been targeting Plant/Benavidez for awhile. As you said, Benavidez has tons of raw talent, but I think he'd set himself to get countered all day. Despite his great hand speed and combinations, I don't think he has the feet to really trouble Canelo. That could change with time and being in with a guy like Plant would be an excellent primer. I'd assume they'd try and make Canelo/Benavidez into a big fight for a Mexican holiday and hype it as Mexican v Chicano event.

Benavidez is also from a boxing family and is clearly more gifted than Smith. Doesn't mean he'll necessarily be a better fighter, but Benavidez's hand speed and ability to put punches together is clearly very special.

Yeah Benavides is a monster, his accomplishments aren’t that great yet but you can see his skill level is top tier, with a few more years and discipline he could be unique. He is already one of my favorite fighters to watch.

Benavidez has nothing for Canelo y’all are tripping. I can see Plant giving him problems with his movement. Bivol and Beterbiev are also problems for him

Wow! What a great performance! Canelo is the best pound for pound, great win and congratulations on winning another title!

Back