Canelo vs Callum Smith Dec.19th DAZN In Texas

Who wins?

• Total voters
Plant vs Canelo would of most likely setup Canelo vs Benavidez.
But if that means Plant vs Benavidez actually happens no complaints here. That would mean 3 great fights instead of 1

Am I the only one who thinks that Canelo is all wrong for Benavidez? Benavidez likes to stay tall and phone booth fight, which is madness given how good Canelos body punching, countering, chin and overall ability to fight small are. He’d beat Benavidez’ body like a drum, have him reaching, and punish him for leaving his chin hanging out.

Benavidez doesn’t have the skills yet. And Canelo doesn’t seem to have lost a step... yet.

Think Plant and Smith are the bigger challenges right now. It’ll be interesting to see how Canelo handles a huge SMW with skill, power, and a full powerbar

Am I the only one who thinks that Canelo is all wrong for Benavidez? Benavidez likes to stay tall and phone booth fight, which is madness given how good Canelos body punching, countering, chin and overall ability to fight small are. He’d beat Benavidez’ body like a drum, have him reaching, and punish him for leaving his chin hanging out.

Benavidez doesn’t have the skills yet. And Canelo doesn’t seem to have lost a step... yet.

Think Plant and Smith are the bigger challenges right now. It’ll be interesting to see how Canelo handles a huge SMW with skill, power, and a full powerbar
True, but Benavidez is terminator. It will be a war.

Canelo usually does very good against guys with the earmuff style.
Look for him to break down Smith with body shots and a stoppage from shots up top.

But now that I’ve said this, the opposite will happen so put all your money on Callum Smith.

<{hughesimpress}>

Benavidez beats Plant, Canelo-Benavidez Mexican vs Mexican American showdown.
More money

Benavidez has great accuracy against guys with that urban style, especially when they defend. I favour him too.

I don't see how can Callum Smith beat Canelo. I haven't seen his chin being really tested yet. If he allows the mexican to get close to him like he did against Ryder, he won't reach round 4. CS hits hard, but not enough to make Canelo back off. He has a dangerous left hook, but Canelo will know how to repeal it, like Ryder did.

I don't see how can Callum Smith beat Canelo. I haven't seen his chin being really tested yet. If he allows the mexican to get close to him like he did against Ryder, he won't reach round 4. CS hits hard, but not enough to make Canelo back off. He has a dangerous left hook, but Canelo will know how to repeal it, like Ryder did.
Smith hits pretty hard and he is a fully fledged SMW. He KO'd Groves, at SMW, which shows what sort of power he has. Whether he can land with power like he did against Groves which imho was his best performance ever is a different matter. On the other hand I can see Smith taking Canelo's best punches. I think Canelo wins this by outpointing him. It's very difficult to win against Canelo on points because he always is favoured by the judges.

Smith hits pretty hard and he is a fully fledged SMW. He KO'd Groves, at SMW, which shows what sort of power he has. Whether he can land with power like he did against Groves which imho was his best performance ever is a different matter. On the other hand I can see Smith taking Canelo's best punches. I think Canelo wins this by outpointing him. It's very difficult to win against Canelo on points because he always is favoured by the judges.

He was impeccable against groves. He destroyed fielding when they were both prospects, he seems to up his game based on the opposition. I’ve been a fan of his the years, but was so fckin disappointed with his first 2 wbss fights. Then he rolled George over with relative ease

if the fight happens I’m gonna throw some money on smith. He’ll likely be a huge underdog and I think he has a better chance of beating canelo than anyone at SMW. He is gonna be fckin huge compared to canelo, and he isn’t at the end of his career like kovalev. His power is under rated, as is his inside game

He was impeccable against groves. He destroyed fielding when they were both prospects, he seems to up his game based on the opposition. I’ve been a fan of his the years, but was so fckin disappointed with his first 2 wbss fights. Then he rolled George over with relative ease

if the fight happens I’m gonna throw some money on smith. He’ll likely be a huge underdog and I think he has a better chance of beating canelo than anyone at SMW. He is gonna be fckin huge compared to canelo, and he isn’t at the end of his career like kovalev. His power is under rated, as is his inside game
Yeah Smith definitely fights to the level of his competition. A bet on Smith is an educated bet.

Can’t believe this is confirmed. Great fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back