Cain Velasquez vs. Jon Jones tale of the tape

I don't know why you clowns are wasting time with shoops when there are actually several real life pictures of Jones and Cain standing next to each other.

jon-jones-it-would-be-cool-to-be-considered-the-heavyweight-champion-of-the-world.jpg

I don't know why you clowns are wasting time with shoops when there are actually several real life pictures of Jones and Cain standing next to each other.

jon-jones-it-would-be-cool-to-be-considered-the-heavyweight-champion-of-the-world.jpg

becausa that is a shoop, this is the original:

358c9li.jpg

I think a 240lbs Jones would beat Cain.

Maybe. Just extra weight does not mean he'll do any better. Would he be fat? How are the chicken legs gonna go in the HW division? If I was fighting Jones I'd be tagging those chicken legs the whole time.

Cain destroys Bones. Jon has not displayed one-punch ko power, and that is what he'd need to do to take out Velasquez

I don't know why this is a thing.

Even now, Jones would probably roadkill Velasquez. Jones is just an all-around better fight with a much more diverse offense and incredible defense.

Cain destroys Bones. Jon has not displayed one-punch ko power, and that is what he'd need to do to take out Velasquez

Bones destroys Cain. Velasquez has not displayed the illegal-elbows-to-the-face move, and that is what he'd need to do to take out Jon.

But Jones is likely a better wrestler (he's never been on his back, unlike Cain), he has a 7 inch reach advantage with his arms (and probably a much bigger advantage with his legs), he is a better kickboxer, and he can actually win off a submission (unlike Cain).

Oh, and Bones has beaten much better competition. The only guy at HW who Cain beat that could last in the top 10 at LHW are Big Nog (a few years ago) and JDS (don't say that folding chair from the WWE; just don't).

cain would rag doll jbj cant wait if this fight ever happens

Pretty sure I read somewhere that JJ is like 6' 8 1/2"...

I think even the Cain huggers know in their heart of hearts that Jones would demolish Velasquez.

I think even the Cain huggers know in their heart of hearts that Jones would demolish Velasquez.
Unlike Cain, Jones hasn't been beat (aside from that silly DQ, which should have been a NC IMO). Jones has also beat better opponents in a much better division (seriously, HW is old, tired, unskilled, and not athletic outside of the very top fighters).

What are Cain's strengths=??? His cardio, his ability to take guys down, and his wrestling. Jones has about even cardio, he has never been on his back (against some top wrestlers), and his wrestling is arguably the best in MMA. And unlike Cain, Jones fights effortlessly, and with a more well-rounded offense. Cain has only won by decision or (T)KO; Jones has won nearly an equal amount of fights (including title fights) by (T)KO and submission.
I'd venture to say Jones is a better athlete than Cain.
Jones is a better athlete than anyone in MMA. Both his brothers compete in the NFL, after all. Plus, he makes everyone he has faced at LHW look like a weakling.
because he doesnt do shit the whole fight? He throws like 5 front kicks the whole round and go for a takedown or two
Last I checked, Jones has finished and demolished Shogun, Rampage, Machida, and Belfort in title fights. The only title fight Cain finished and demolished was against a folding chair from the pro wrastling cuddling circuit. In his other 2 title fights, Cain got owned and knocked out big time, and failed to finish a guy with a broken jaw and fighting with nothing but the sheer will to win.

Seriously dude, watch people fight before saying they don't do anything in a fight. You're only making us all stupider with posts like these.

Last edited:
Unlike Cain, Jones hasn't been beat (aside from that silly DQ, which should have been a NC IMO). Jones has also beat better opponents in a much better division (seriously, HW is old, tired, unskilled, and not athletic outside of the very top fighters).

What are Cain's strengths=??? His cardio, his ability to take guys down, and his wrestling. Jones has about even cardio, he has never been on his back (against some top wrestlers), and his wrestling is arguably the best in MMA. And unlike Cain, Jones fights effortlessly, and with a more well-rounded offense. Cain has only won by decision or (T)KO; Jones has won nearly an equal amount of fights (including title fights) by (T)KO and submission.

Jones is a better athlete than anyone in MMA. Both his brothers compete in the NFL, after all. Plus, he makes everyone he has faced at LHW look like a weakling.
Last I checked, Jones has finished and demolished Shogun, Rampage, Machida, and Belfort in title fights. The only title fight Cain finished and demolished was against a folding chair from the pro wrastling cuddling circuit. In his other 2 title fights, Cain got owned and knocked out big time, and failed to finish a guy with a broken jaw and fighting with nothing but the sheer will to win.

Seriously dude, watch people fight before saying they don't do anything in a fight. You're only making us all stupider with posts like these.

Dos Santos is better than anyone Jones has faced. Also Dos Santos is just as athletic as him, it's debatable as to who's the best athlete in MMA.

Dos Santos is better than anyone Jones has faced. Also Dos Santos is just as athletic as him, it's debatable as to who's the best athlete in MMA.

over 11 thousand posts and then this. wow.

Short stocky guys cannot beat Jon Jones. See: Rashad evans. Even with amazing wrestling, they wont be able to utilize it. They'll get picked apart from a foot away. It doesnt matter if cain 600lbs of pure muscle (hes not). He'll get boxed up from the outside. He'll get kicked in the face like Quinton. He'll get his knee put on backwards. His only chance is to bull rush carelessly. Jon is way too intelligent to fall for that bullshit.

Also Jon is 205 when he cuts to LHW. If hes fighting cain at HW, obviously hes not cutting and is 225-230ish at least. While cain is 240ish. Negligible difference at HW

Back