Cain Velasquez vs. Jon Jones tale of the tape

if jon could put some meat on his legs, theres no doubt he could be a heavyweight

Short stocky guys cannot beat Jon Jones. See: Rashad evans. Even with amazing wrestling, they wont be able to utilize it. They'll get picked apart from a foot away. It doesnt matter if cain 600lbs of pure muscle (hes not). He'll get boxed up from the outside. He'll get kicked in the face like Quinton. He'll get his knee put on backwards. His only chance is to bull rush carelessly. Jon is way too intelligent to fall for that bullshit.

Also Jon is 205 when he cuts to LHW. If hes fighting cain at HW, obviously hes not cutting and is 225-230ish at least. While cain is 240ish. Negligible difference at HW

How do you know that? A shorter fighter with the talent, toughness and skills could beat Jones.

Is that all you have to say? You didn't give an opinion related to what I said.

Dos Santos is better than anyone Jones has faced. Also Dos Santos is just as athletic as him, it's debatable as to who's the best athlete in MMA.

you didn't give an opinion why is JDS better than anyone Jones has faced. (just to stay in your level of discourse)

Dos Santos is better than anyone Jones has faced. Also Dos Santos is just as athletic as him, it's debatable as to who's the best athlete in MMA.

you didn't give an opinion why is JDS better than anyone Jones has faced. (just to stay in your level of discourse)

Dos Santos would be a favorite against any of the opponents Jones has faced and he'd beat them. Also Dos Santos has less training time than most of the fighters in MMA but has progressed faster than most other fighters.

Dos Santos would be a favorite against any of the opponents Jones has faced and he'd beat them. Also Dos Santos has less training time than most of the fighters in MMA but has progressed faster than most other fighters.

absolutely subjective opinion. please, submit a rational answer based on facts.

cain just fought a guy who is almost as tall as jones, and he landed plenty of times.

i think that cain would to jones exactly what he did to dos santos. close the distance, and either strike or clinch up for the takedown, and win this fight via late tko or unanimous decision.

The reach difference between Jones and Dos Santos is huge. Jones' is listed at 84.5". Cain and Dos Santos are listed as having the same reach--77".

This is why you see Cain meeting Dos Santos at almost every punch when Dos Santos slowed down. I think in Dos Santos' head, the illusion of his height advantage made him feel comfortable back peddling while throwing that jab, when Cain was pushing forward and throwing his. Reach means more than height. GSP has a longer reach than most WWs. Cain would be hard pressed to land those kind of shots in that fashion on Jones. I'd pick Cain as the favorite anyway, but this fight would be competitive.

You saying Jones would destroy everyone at heavyweight is a subjective opinion as well. My opinion is more reasonable at least.

also, by that logic, brock would be favourite against most of bj's oponents, is he a better fighter than him?

You saying Jones would destroy everyone at heavyweight is a subjective opinion as well. My opinion is more reasonable at least.

I didn't say that and that wasn't the topic of our conversation.

The reach difference between Jones and Dos Santos is huge. Jones' is listed at 84.5". Cain and Dos Santos are listed as having the same reach--77".

This is why you see Cain meeting Dos Santos at almost every punch when Dos Santos slowed down. I think in Dos Santos' head, the illusion of his height advantage made him feel comfortable back peddling while throwing that jab, when Cain was pushing forward and throwing his. Reach means more than height. GSP has a longer reach than most WWs. Cain would be hard pressed to land those kind of shots in that fashion on Jones. I'd pick Cain as the favorite anyway, but this fight would be competitive.

Dos Santos is a better Boxer than Jones, that's a factor too.

also, by that logic, brock would be favourite against most of bj's oponents, is he a better fighter than him?

We are talking about Jones moving up to fight Cain not who's better pound for pound.

Jones stats makes him all along a great candidate to move up to heavyweight.

Outside of each, who of quality did Velasquez and JDS beat=???

A bunch of one-dimensional fighters (Mir, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Kongo, Carwin, Big Country, Lesnar) or old guys who are way passed their prime (Mir, Cro Cop, Big Nog). They are both the only legitimate competition that either of them have faced and beaten (unless you count JDS beating Werdum before he fully realized his talent).

Jones has beaten legends like Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, and Belfort, all of whom are better than anyone JDS or Cain beat (other than each other). All of those 5 guys at equal weight at the day of the fight would destroy anyone JDS or Cain have ever faced (themselves aside).

And unlike everyone Cain and JDS have faced, Shogun, Machida, and Evans are all very well-rounded fighters with multiple talents.

What? Santos being a favorite against anyone Jones has faced is an absolute fact. Which of his comments are you disputing here?

Outside of each, who of quality did Velasquez and JDS beat=???

A bunch of one-dimensional fighters (Mir, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Kongo, Carwin, Big Country, Lesnar) or old guys who are way passed their prime (Mir, Cro Cop, Big Nog). They are both the only legitimate competition that either of them have faced and beaten (unless you count JDS beating Werdum before he fully realized his talent).

Jones has beaten legends like Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, and Belfort, all of whom are better than anyone JDS or Cain beat (other than each other). All of those 5 guys at equal weight at the day of the fight would destroy anyone JDS or Cain have ever faced (themselves aside).

And unlike everyone Cain and JDS have faced, Shogun, Machida, and Evans are all very well-rounded fighters with multiple talents.

Which of these legends that Jones has faced would you favor over Cain or JDS? Seriously.

Cain would be more solid and naturally bigger than Jones, I doubt Jones would have the KO power to knock Cain out so Cain would win easily imo but it would be awesome to see

You said that just before.

Ok, I am patient and partialy bored so I will bite. When did I say that? Quote the post and context. Please. And then go back, and respond, why and based on waht creteria is JDS better than anyone Jones has ever faced?

Jones next to 6'3'' 250 pounds Arlovski

227307788.jpg

jon-jones-ryan-bader.JPG

1020.jpg

Back