Cain "Can't Do That Against Overeem"?

People will be shocked when Cain is physically overpowered by Overeem, Cain will try to take him down but end up in the clinch instead and Overeem will push him up against the cage easily, from here Overeem dictates when the breaks in the clinch and times his strikes which find Cains chin and end the fight.

Huh? Lesnar couldn't overpower Cain, so why would Overeem?

Maybe because Overeem is a K1 world champion and JDS is a brazillian backyard amateur boxer?

Kyotaro got koed by a former Rugby player Haumono in Boxing who is ranked over a 100. Dos Santos could very likely outstrike Overeem.

I assume he was talking about the foolish amount of takedowns Cain attempted in the first. Cain's through a lot of desperation takedowns in that fight that could land him a knee. Even after the takedown failed and Cain was on his knee JDS was incredibly tentative, and never even attempted to punish Cain for his takedowns. AO may not be so tentative to punish Cain for his mistakes.

People will be shocked when Cain is physically overpowered by Overeem, Cain will try to take him down but end up in the clinch instead and Overeem will push him up against the cage easily, from here Overeem dictates when the breaks in the clinch and times his strikes which find Cains chin and end the fight.

Just like how ubereem physically overpowered 5'10" Mark Hunt?

ogf4f9.gif

A K1 world champion who, unlike Junior, has been knocked out twice with overhand rights?

JDS has not fought any top notch strikers but got brutally mauled in the stand up by the wrassler Cain. JDS got his face smashed in by a guy whos specialty is wrestling.

Maybe because Overeem is a K1 world champion and JDS is a brazillian backyard amateur boxer?

I agree with that. JDS is just a brawler and it showed against Cain. No defense,no footwork,no head movement. JDS didnt do anything.

Reem got tagged by both Lesnar and Werdum because he was worried about the TD.

Cain is a much better striker than both those guys. If Reem keeps his hands down for Cain he will get lit up.

A lot of this fight depends on how Cain handles Reem's counter punching, which he is damn good at. Kongo dropped Cain off a counter, JDS KO'd Cain off a counter.

Cain needs to pull the Werdum strategy, but instead of butt scooting away, immediately shoot for the double when Reem tries to counter. If he doesn't, Cain will get KO'd again.

Overeem wont worry that much about the TD's of Cain.
Brock will destroy you on the ground and you wont get up
Werdum will SUB you on the ground and you wont get up

Cain may throw a few strikes on the ground but he doesnt control very well on ground.

A lot of people seem to believe that Cain will use the same strategy with AO as with JDS. I don't think that's likely - different opponent=different strategy.

I predict a lot of boxing from range from Cain in the early round or two with TDs when AO kicks. Then more TDs in the latter rounds. If Cain gets past the first, I predict a win for him. If AO wins, it'll likely be in the first.

Regardless of who wins, it'll be a great fight. Two excellent heavyweights who can strike and grapple.

uhm yes Overeem is a much better defensive boxer than JDS. How hard is this to understand? JDS keeps his hands at his waist. His defensive boxing is very mediocre.

A lot of people seem to believe that Cain will use the same strategy with AO as with JDS. I don't think that's likely - different opponent=different strategy.

I predict a lot of boxing from range from Cain in the early round or two with TDs when AO kicks. Then more TDs in the latter rounds. If Cain gets past the first, I predict a win for him. If AO wins, it'll likely be in the first.

Regardless of who wins, it'll be a great fight. Two excellent heavyweights who can strike and grapple.

Cain used the same strategy in every fight, so yeah, diferent opponent=same strategy

uhm yes Overeem is a much better defensive boxer than JDS. How hard is this to understand? JDS keeps his hands at his waist. His defensive boxing is very mediocre.

it's hard to understand something that is completely not true and a subjective opinion. you are welcome.

I think he meant that Overeem will time the knee

What about Bigfoot,lol. Are we just gonna forget him in the Overeem fight??

I got Cain on this one, but im saying its gonna be easy, maybe after the 2nd round

What about Bigfoot,lol. Are we just gonna forget him in the Overeem fight??

overeem has more muscles and fought with boxing gloves so he wins easily

I think this fight finishes similar to Shogun vs Reem when shogun mounts him gassed and just lets his fist go down with gravity.

Back