Cain "Can't Do That Against Overeem"?

Maybe he meant that Cain can't dive on legs like he did against JDS. Which I agree with, but i don't think he will need to. JDS has better TDD than Overeem

So, a K-1 champ goes 1-1 with Werdum and is never able to finish him. A Brazillian backyard boxer KO's Werdum in the 1st round. Then sign me up from them Brazilian Backyard Boxing classes, cupcake.

?? Did you actually watch any of these fights?? :eek:

It is probably more difficult to get up with Cain on top of you though, not saying he can't do it, but Werdum is not exactly a top-notch wrassler whose sole purpose is to hold you the fuck down.

At the same time there not much time for control there. I doubt Cain would do much better.

did people actually watch overeem in any of his k1 fights?

I really wonder this. But even in his MMA fights with Shogun, Lidell etc he displayed superior standup until he started gassing cause of cutting 30-40lbs before fights. People just scroll to the last seconds of the fight where he gets knocked out I guess.

I think it's pretty clear Overeem should beat Valesquez 90 out of 100 times.
Valesquez is smaller, less strong, no submission skills and no KO power (according fight science even GSP hits harder then him). The only way he can win is surviving the first two rounds and then win the next three by scoring more points while forcing the ground game. I can't see Cain finishing the fight early. Aside from Reem and Struve I think Cain "easily" beats everyone else at HW.

Overeem however has KO power, uberknee's, uberkicks and nasty sub game not only from his back but also from the mount and standing! He finishes fights so easy ever since he's a HW that I can't see Cain surviving more then two rounds.

I think JDS is more dangerous to Overeem then Cain because of his KO power and Reems poor head movement. HW Reem does have a strong yaw (look at the Belfort 2, Spong, Bonjaski fights for people that only watch Lidell&Rua GIFs of a dehydrated Reem), however he panics slightly when he gets rocked. Fighters like Dan Henderson automatically clinch up but instead he covers up and I think JDS can and will exploit this. Therefore I think Overeem will prefer to take JDS down (as he did with Rogers) just to prevent running into a big punch.

I think the only HW that can beat Reem at the moment is Werdum 2.0. He learned from his horrible performance, has developed a better stand up game that will also hide his take down attempts better. Needles to say he's incredibly dangerous on the ground.

It's because of the threat of being kneed. Cain kept pushing forward for a takedown on JDS without protecting his chin, instead of capitalizing on it (planting himself and catching him since he was wide open), Junior pulled back and tried to counter but had no power.

If he does that on Overeem, there's a good chance he will eat a big knee.

Also, I don't think Overeem's striking defense is better than JDS's.

Overeem has slow head movement and relies on blocking too much (which works with huge gloves but not 4 oz), Brock Lesnar cut him open with a jab and Werdum was able to tag him.

3136u8o.jpg

JDS has better head movement, here's an example:

2qs9zrd.jpg

Just look at how he slipped Yvel's 1-2 and countered with a straight right to the body. Yvel tried to come across with the hook but got blasted with JDS's left hook.

way to go. use gifs from jds fighting a guy with absolute no fear of a takedown vs overeem fighting a guy that no one in mma wants to be on the floor with.

amazing comparision skills brah.

srs.

notsrs.

can somebody name one fight where this mystical Uberkee caught and opponent charging in for a take down?

it's hard to understand something that is completely not true and a subjective opinion. you are welcome.

I take it you are a Brazilian? Only way anyone could believe JDS boxing is anywhere close to the same level of Overeem's but go ahead and hype up victories over mma strikers as equal to beating Aerts, Spong, Saki, Hari and on.

Iknow it is offtopic but what testosteron lvl is reem at now If it still is 14x the normal man he was clean all along. Did he eat horse mest with testasterone in it, is that even possible.

I think Cain is just going to stand with the Reem and Knock Him OUT

I don't know, I see AO beating Cain down. Just a gut feeling

If Overeem sprawls a takedown, he makes you pay for that failed attempt with a headlock and a trasition to a guillitone or Uber Knees to the face or solar plexus

You can't recklessly shoot at Overeem like a video game. There are consequences for failing a TD attempt vs Overeem whereas Junior just moved away every time he defended a TD

Nobody will acknowledge your succinct and insightful post. I will tho... you sir, are correct. This is the analysis of the matchup, and this is what is meant by 'Can't do that with Overeem'.

Contrary to what Rogan and Anik were saying about Cain, he was tired too, and in the 1st round he was rejected on the takedowns rather easily. In that fight he stuck his head into guillotine territory quite a few times. Everyone talks about AO and K-1... but forget that he has had more wins by submission than Cain has had wins.

Iknow it is offtopic but what testosteron lvl is reem at now If it still is 14x the normal man he was clean all along. Did he eat horse mest with testasterone in it, is that even possible.

*facepalm* He wasn't clean all along, did you even listen to the damn hearing where he admitting to injecting himself "with a liquid that contained synthetic testosterone"?

And no, you can't fucking end up with a 14/1 T/E ratio by eating roided meat. You eat it every day (unless you're a vegan/vegetarian, all cattle are pumped full of hormones). Do you look like overeem?

Kyotaro got koed by a former Rugby player Haumono in Boxing who is ranked over a 100. Dos Santos could very likely outstrike Overeem.

Haumono is a former rugby player like Anthony Mundine is a former rugby player.

The fact that the 21-1 Australian HW boxing champion knocked out Kyotaro in a boxing match isn't really big evidence to prove your point.

Back