Cain "Can't Do That Against Overeem"?

Did werdum fall on his back 20 times when he fought jds?

You missed the point. I was responding to the guy who said JDS was a Brazilian backyard amateur boxer. Yes, Werdum was difficult to engage with in his rematch with Overeem. That doesn't take away the fact that JDS did something that no one else has ever done--KO Werdum. Neither Overeem (in two fights) nor Sergei, Fedor, Arlovski, etc has pulled that off.

Why would Cain want to stand with the Reem? That's crazy and I'm sure Overeem would be thrilled to see Cain playing right into his hands.

I didn't say he'd want to. I said if Overeem stands there with his hands down and basically says "Hit me all you want, but you can't take me down" it might not be wise. If there's an open shot, Cain will take it. The JDS fight proved that.

Reading comprehension, folks.

He can't do that because Cain get KTFO by an Uberknee under minute.

Reem got tagged by both Lesnar and Werdum because he was worried about the TD.

Cain is a much better striker than both those guys. If Reem keeps his hands down for Cain he will get lit up.

A lot of this fight depends on how Cain handles Reem's counter punching, which he is damn good at. Kongo dropped Cain off a counter, JDS KO'd Cain off a counter.

Cain needs to pull the Werdum strategy, but instead of butt scooting away, immediately shoot for the double when Reem tries to counter. If he doesn't, Cain will get KO'd again.

Overeem has the same problem as JDS had. He will be facing the most relentless, ferocios, fittest pure warrior on the planet! And he has one chancd

You missed the point. I was responding to the guy who said JDS was a Brazilian backyard amateur boxer. Yes, Werdum was difficult to engage with in his rematch with Overeem. That doesn't take away the fact that JDS did something that no one else has ever done--KO Werdum. Neither Overeem (in two fights) nor Sergei, Fedor, Arlovski, etc has pulled that off.

That guy was obviously trolling. And, not trying to take anything away from Junior, but you have to be blind to deny the fact that Werdum absolutely overlooked JDS. Many people don't want to realize this, but that fight was a huge 'eye opener' for him and he completely changed his approach towards MMA after it. It's not just him saying it, it's the people surrounding him + basically how he went in there (fat, out of shape, with little training on his shoulders and no gameplan). Maybe the reason, too, why I am one of the few people here that think Werdum-JDS 2 would be a completely different fight.

There's no backyard boxing with JDS you goof that guy does round after round with international boxing champions and contenders. Kimbo is a backyard boxer JDS is a professional.

His sarcasm went right over your head didnt it!

Chance. End it with an early knock out or simply be dominated by the only HW who can pound, wrestle and eat your soul for a full five rounds if you dont.

Reem is fucked. He loses to cain jds and werdum in a rematch. Possibly even bigfoot, though i hope not cuz i want the fight.

It's because of the threat of being kneed. Cain kept pushing forward for a takedown on JDS without protecting his chin, instead of capitalizing on it (planting himself and catching him since he was wide open), Junior pulled back and tried to counter but had no power.

If he does that on Overeem, there's a good chance he will eat a big knee.

Also, I don't think Overeem's striking defense is better than JDS's.

Overeem has slow head movement and relies on blocking too much (which works with huge gloves but not 4 oz), Brock Lesnar cut him open with a jab and Werdum was able to tag him.

3136u8o.jpg

JDS has better head movement, here's an example:

2qs9zrd.jpg

Just look at how he slipped Yvel's 1-2 and countered with a straight right to the body. Yvel tried to come across with the hook but got blasted with JDS's left hook.
Seriously, stop with all the man love for JDS. I will bet you anything that when Cain fights JDS again, he won't let JDS get out of the 2nd round. JDS just doesn't have great striking defence and you play out like the guy is the best boxer out there. He is far from it my friend.

I think that Cain is gonna tool Overeem, people overhype the threat of Overeem catching him with a knee.

He can't do that to Overeem because he won't be able to defend the takedowns in the first place.

First post nailed it.

People will actually see how good JDS takedown defend is when cain fights overeem.

Cain will pound the shit out of him rly fast on the ground.

Cain if a hell of a wrestler.

Cormier is talking about how Cain had just attempted a few takedowns on JDS, then when JDS was tired, he cracked JDS with an overhand right. I'm not sure how to embed because it isn't youtube, but here goes:

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=k3ZjFiODo3MVNzXPpCI_uOWwy4KvAaHg&pbid=df56043a8061451d89897bbd6ee37d9a"></script>

immediately afterward, someone, I think KJ Noons, says "you can't do that against Overeem, though"

Only if the fight had Pride rules. Cain would be punished for spamming takedowns with a kick to the face.

Back