Brock Lesnar begged Dana White to make Pat Barry retire after latest KO

Only folks who still live in their mom basement would downplayed Brock accomplishment. He made like what? $500,000-1mil per fight and won the on his 3rd pro mma fight. What more do you want from this guy?

Only folks who still live in their mom basement would downplayed Brock accomplishment. He made like what? $500,000-1mil per fight and won the on his 3rd pro mma fight. What more do you want from this guy?

To be able to take a punch in the face without losing his composure, like almost anyone else who's trained to be an elite fighter.

To be able to take a punch in the face without losing his composure, like almost anyone else who's trained to be an elite fighter.

Yet he still finished Randy and Mir with strikes and choked out Carwin ending his streak...

I think one of the reasons why Barry wants to keep fighting is because his girlfriend is now in the UFC. It would be pretty discouraging to stay home while she is fighting in the top MMA organization.

He should have retired and make money training fighters and putting funny videos on Youtube.

Flippant's shit posts deserve to be ignored in a flippant manner.

I think one of the reasons why Barry wants to keep fighting is because his girlfriend is now in the UFC. It would be pretty discouraging to stay home while she is fighting in the top MMA organization.

He should have retired and make money training fighters and putting funny videos on Youtube.

He can become a Youtube millionaire just like that Chocolate Rain guy...

Too stubborn to drop weight classes. He's too small for these guys.

should've stuck with mma. He could have been the goto gatekeeper that hung around for years picking up wins like Ed Herman.

Instead he wanted to strike with guys way bigger and stronger than him. I understand why, but he needs to embrace the BJJ and wrestling. maybe go to WSOF and get some confidence back.

That's cool of Brock. He's the reason I got into MMA back in 2009.

Cool. I used to hate on the guy when he made the transition, but he deserves a lot of respect.

No one takes you seriously in the OT, The heavies, or Mayberry.

Leave Sherdog. You seriously have no reason to embarrass yourself further.

Lesnar was always very smart about MMA (and pro wrestling). He wasn't in it to get killed, he just made the maximum profit out of a dangerous sport.

Unfortunately it will be difficult to convince a person who isn't swimming in riches to do the same. Tossing the ball into the court of state athletic commissions won't get anything done either, since they have no real power to prevent promoters from making money off Pat Barry as long as Pat Barry himself needs the money.

If one commission doesn't sanction him, he will just go to a place where they will sanction anything (even half-dead HIV patient Tommy Morrison got sanctioned) and probably don't care if he lives or dies either. You must convince Pat Barry that there are other ways to provide for his family, and that's a difficult thing to do without giving him some direction and assistance when needed.

It's a harsh sport that makes a killing based on fighters nearly killing each other. Those involved in the business should have a system in place to prevent potential scandals in the future by trying to take care of used-up fighters a little bit. Even WWE takes of their retired wrestlers nowadays with "Legends" deals among other things, after many years of terrible press caused by the tragic fates of washed-up pro wrestlers.

Last edited:
I'll bet he's a good dude but his MMA deserves only a bare minimum of respect, and certainly a lot less than more experienced, more prepared fighters, of which there are thousands.

he became the HW champion of the world and defended it. Also showed extreme heart and courage through adversity on some occasions. Who gives a fuck if he wasn't the most skilled or well rounded, he was entertaining and was THE HW CHAMPION OF THE FUCKING WORLD. also never ducked an opponent.

"minimum of respect" oh for fucks sakes.

except for when he got punched 50+ times by Carwin, the hardest hitting fighter in HW history, and survived to come back and win.

No one takes you seriously in the OT, The heavies, or Mayberry.

Leave Sherdog. You seriously have no reason to embarrass yourself further.

Settle down kid. It's not as if you don't have an ignore list or you have to respond to posts.
Also, starting the (ten thousandth) "merits of Brock's brief MMA career" thread would gather just as many detractors, who would actually dismiss his stint as a joke, which I do not.

Lesnar was always very smart about MMA (and pro wrestling). He wasn't in it to get killed, he just made the maximum profit out of a dangerous sport.

Unfortunately it will be difficult to convince a person who isn't swimming in riches to do the same. Tossing the ball into the court of state athletic commissions won't get anything done either, since they have no real power to prevent promoters from making money off Pat Barry as long as Pat Barry himself needs the money. You must convince Pat Barry that there are other ways to provide for his family, and that's a difficult thing to do without giving him some direction and assistance when needed.

It's a harsh sport that makes a killing based on fighters nearly killing each other. Those involved in the business should have a system in place to prevent potential scandals in the future by trying to take care of used-up fighters a little bit. Even WWE takes of their retired wrestlers nowadays with "Legends" deals among other things, after many years of terrible press caused by the tragic fates of washed-up pro wrestlers.

I read Lesnar's book, and Curt Hennig told him about the Pro Wrestling business, "get in to get out". Of course, Lesnar left the high paced lifestyle to try football, then train MMA and now is working a much lighter schedule. Hennig is no longer with us.

should've stuck with mma. He could have been the goto gatekeeper that hung around for years picking up wins like Ed Herman.

Instead he wanted to strike with guys way bigger and stronger than him. I understand why, but he needs to embrace the BJJ and wrestling. maybe go to WSOF and get some confidence back.

Or maybe he should retire and hope he can live a healthy normal life.

Back