Biden administration expected to emphasize climate science over lunar exploration at NASA

Rather than continue to plunder mineral resources on earth, further scientific development can allow for efficient asteroid mining as well as lunar mining or possibly mining on Mars. Scientific development on manned habitations for the moon or Mars can translate into better and efficient habitation of earths oceans and push developments in self-sustainment horticulture.

Dumb. We need to be looking into the advances which space travel delivers.

Earth will not become inhabitable because of "Green House Gases", that's a fallacy, but a nice asteroid can do the trick, or massive volcanic eruptions, and all that Global Warming Alarmism won't do dick for us then.

So does that mean there is no more Space Force? :(

Which is within closer reach, off-world habitation, or negative carbon emissions?

or massive volcanic eruptions, and all that Global Warming Alarmism won't do dick for us then.

This is my issue with the global warming talk - the idea that we are the sole arbiters for the planet's teperature. There are a number of events, outside of our control, that could wipe us out.

Considering that china pollutes like a mofo along with russia

Off world habitation

I unironically agree.

Yeah, I would rather have them increase the overall NASA budget. Not my taxes, though, so just my personal wishes.

Some other country will do it first then. I think some people forget how big of a deal it was that America was the first to put someone on the Moon.

I don't think Biden's corporate puppeteers will allow for significant change. I absolutely welcome him proving me wrong.

The only people salty are the Bunker Boy fans who are too stupid to accept climate change
Space exploration and climate change aren't mutually exclusive, you clown.

The Chinese will soon lead space exploration. What a shame.

The moon and mars both suck. You can’t even walk around outside there without dying.

you know where you can walk around outside without dying? Here on earth. So let’s fix this place before we build McDonalds on a moon or another planet.

Good move by President Biden.

Long distance space exploration is a childish endeavor when the world is facing real problems that we need to solve.

It's like they're actively looking for a backup planet so they can say fuck it and leave the rest of us here.

Have to agree with this. Climate change is a real and present danger. You can build the USS Enterprise afterwards;)

Have to agree with this. Climate change is a real and present danger. You can build the USS Enterprise afterwards;)

All the space dorks that say we can only invent things by trying to fly to other planets are just that, dorks.

I don't think what we're doing in the process of inventing is necessarily anywhere near important as the motivation.

We should let China take over space, sounds like a good plan :/

makes sense since NASA doesnt align with the green new deal. why should we be looking at the climate on mars when we should be looking at our own.... well, except china. they dont pollute and climate change science doesnt work there

Oh good. Can't wait for this to lead to more rules and regulations that the rest of the world ignores.

Back