best wrestlers (in the world) are gonna get beat in Future UFC/MMA WRESTLING IS NOT BEST MMA BASE

D1 wrestler thinks wrestling is the best base for MMA

better than pankration and shooto

Wrestling jock Riders are just like any other single sport jock Rider

they will try to turn any debate into a fanboy contest

I haven't kept up with the thousands of kids that I coached

for all I know one of them has won a World title somewhere

You have probably been pinned by a few of them

Do you compete in anything besides wrestling?
Pankration and shooto are not bases they take different base sports and combine them. Wrestling will always and forever be the best base because it dictates where the fight takes place. Strong take downs plus bjj or strong tdd plus boxing will forever dominate mma
A bit of wrestling trivia

Daniel Cormier and Henry Cejudo
=
0-5 against Iranian wrestlers in freestyle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cejudo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cormier

What are the Iranians mma records?

this thread is not about one fight

this thread is about a fallacy that is being pushed all over the MMA world for many years

wrestling is NOT the best base for MMA

The biggest issue I'd say is where your talent base is coming from. In the past MMA promoters used to be much more proactive in seeking out guys like Crocop or Fedor in their prime years, These days its left up to fighters themselves to switch most of the time and that means those with earning potential in their own sport tend not to as often.

US wrestling on the other hand has very limited earning potential, hence MMA is much more of an attraction.

Imo wrestling is only the best base because it requires its practitioners to be in amazing shape (as opposed to say, BJJ) and because unified rules are tailor made to benefit it.

LOOOL. A double leg spammer gets caught in a very obvious flying knee and from one day to another impressed kids think wrestling is "coming to an end" in MMA. This is so funny to watch.

Imo wrestling is only the best base because it requires its practitioners to be in amazing shape (as opposed to say, BJJ) and because unified rules are tailor made to benefit it.

To be fair most top level BJJ/ADCC fighters are in good shape as well but I think you've seen a clear lack of them switching to MMA in the fashion they did in the past. Often these days its either a late career move or a half assed move not fully devoting to MMA.

Beyond promoters chasing them less I suspect theres simply more money to be made in sub grappling these days, either in comps or training others so less reason to switch.

Pankration and shooto are not bases they take different base sports and combine them. Wrestling will always and forever be the best base because it dictates where the fight takes place. Strong take downs plus bjj or strong tdd plus boxing will forever dominate mma

What are the Iranians mma records?

D1 wrestler:
"Pankration and shooto are not bases they take different base sports and combine them"

Yeah kinda like MMA?!

D1...they dont teach fightsports history in collage do they??

PankratIon has a slight edge in seniority as compared to the UFC...(648 BC)

Shooto has about 7/8 years on UFC

The fact is people were hitting flying armbarrs, rolling knee bars awesome slams and all kinds of phenomenal knockouts back in the ancient world
(yes...even flying knees)

we didn't invent MMA WE REDISCOVERED IT!

If wrestling is the best base for MMA the best wrestler is gonna win...but they dont

Thats because wrestling IS NOT the best base for MMA

Otherwise the wrestlers that beat your favorite MMA guys in wrestling would come over for the MMA paycheck

D1 wrestler:
"Pankration and shooto are not bases they take different base sports and combine them"

Yeah kinda like MMA?!

D1...they dont teach fightsports history in collage do they??

PankratIon has a slight edge in seniority as compared to the UFC...(648 BC)

Shooto has about 7/8 years on UFC

The fact is people were hitting flying armbarrs, rolling knee bars awesome slams and all kinds of phenomenal knockouts back in the ancient world
(yes...even flying knees)

we didn't invent MMA WE REDISCOVERED IT!

If wrestling is the best base for MMA the best wrestler is gonna win...but they dont

Otherwise the wrestlers that beat your favorite MMA guys in wrestling would come over for the MMA paycheck
No because not all wrestlers want CTE like you apparently have

Cute little cartoon

Just because most of your favorite mma champions are wrestlers doesn't mean wrestling is the best base for MMA

those guys are good wrestlers but they're not the best wrestlers

that's what this thread is about

I know it's a little bit complex

Yes.

It does lol.

Yes, thanks for reminding me....

So if Cormier had an identical twin who trained in shooto, combat sambo and pankratIon instead of wrestling who would win in MMA

The DC that was only wrestling or the DC who trained in combat sambo, pankratIon and shooto??

That's the question this thread is asking

Of course the DC that only trained in wrestling only would be at a massive disadvantage

Shooto
PankratIon
Combat Sambo

One or all of these are
vastly a better base for MMA competition

however they are not offered free in the public school system, you have to be well off to train in those styles

They are not free in the public school system

Wrestling is...

that's why wrestlers dominate American MMA

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-real-reason-wrestlers-dominate-the-ufc-american-mma.3959991/

There are no
Shooto
PankratIon
Combat Sambo

champion in the UFC

The success of wrestlers in MMA goes far beyond the techniques of wrestling.

Wrestlers start at an early age and youth wrestling programs are often no less competitive and hardcore as a national/international wrestling program. Kids there actually COMPETE, full force, everyday in practice and in competitive tournaments and meets where they actually travel to compete 1v1.

They train technique, they compete in front of an audience, they lose, they win, they cut weight, they condition til they feel like they are dying. And they do this every day from when they are prepubescent til they are adults.

The talent pool is deep, the competition is fierce. I have done childhood martial arts and even boxing as a kid. Nothing else comes close to that kind of fanaticism about winning and training as wrestling.

These are really the reasons wrestlers do so well in MMA. They pick up things faster because they are willing to work harder.

Yup

the difference between competitive athletics and martial arts for profit are pretty clear

Just imagine if we had something like pancrace in the school system and wrestling was only taught at your local strip mall under a "Sensei" that was primarily concerned about liability

in that case the pancrase kids would tear up the wrestlers all day long

To be fair most top level BJJ/ADCC fighters are in good shape as well but I think you've seen a clear lack of them switching to MMA in the fashion they did in the past. Often these days its either a late career move or a half assed move not fully devoting to MMA.

Beyond promoters chasing them less I suspect theres simply more money to be made in sub grappling these days, either in comps or training others so less reason to switch.
They're all juicers. Bad indicator for the athleticism of your average BJJ-based fighter in the UFC.

There are no
Shooto
PankratIon
Combat Sambo

champion in the UFC
Khabib is a two-time Combat Sambo world champ.

No because not all wrestlers want CTE like you apparently have

D1 wrestler:
MMA = brain damage

Not all MMA practitioners have brain damage

Muay Thai AND boxing...even MMA has intelligent people participating...even doctors and scientists

Actually i work in science AND public safety

MMA if practiced in a non compeditive atmosphere is as safe as soccer...even safer in many cases

It natural to be afraid of something you dont understand

There are no
Shooto
PankratIon
Combat Sambo

champion in the UFC

Do you belive that wrestling is a better base for MMA than pankratIon???

Or do you think it has something to do with the difference between the way competitive Athletics and martial arts for-profit are handled in our country?

If pankratIon was a popular sport and wrestling was ONLY taught in stripmalls by martial arts business owners WHO would have a better base for MMA?

Do you belive that wrestling is a better base for MMA than pankratIon???

Or do you think it has something to do with the difference between the way competitive Athletics and martial arts for-profit are handled in our country?

If pankratIon was a popular sport and wrestling was ONLY taught in stripmalls by martial arts business owners WHO would have a better base for MMA?
Dude, I think I get your narrative, and I'm not saying it's necessarily wrong, but there's one major thing wrong with it: it completely lacks evidence. There's a mountain of evidence showing that wrestling is the best base, while there's little to no evidence showing otherwise.

You are trying to make an argument that wrestling is not the best base, great, all the power to you, but you should really work on not trying to present your argument as a fact, because at this point, it's nothing more than a theory, however well-supported by argumentation it may be.

The success of wrestlers in MMA goes far beyond the techniques of wrestling.

Wrestlers start at an early age and youth wrestling programs are often no less competitive and hardcore as a national/international wrestling program. Kids there actually COMPETE, full force, everyday in practice and in competitive tournaments and meets where they actually travel to compete 1v1.

They train technique, they compete in front of an audience, they lose, they win, they cut weight, they condition til they feel like they are dying. And they do this every day from when they are prepubescent til they are adults.

The talent pool is deep, the competition is fierce. I have done childhood martial arts and even boxing as a kid. Nothing else comes close to that kind of fanaticism about winning and training as wrestling.

These are really the reasons wrestlers do so well in MMA. They pick up things faster because they are willing to work harder.

EXACTLY!!!

its not the "style" its how its practiced!!

If shooto was a compeditive team sport and wrestling was only taught in the strip malls of America there would be no question here

Most people say WRESTLING is the best base for MMA

ITS NOT!

It's just he best WE have

FOR FREE

I bet Judo would be dominant in the UFC if it were a popular team sport in the PUBLIC school system while wrestling was only taught in stripmalls by business minded people who primarily worry about getting sued!

Dude, I think I get your narrative, and I'm not saying it's necessarily wrong, but there's one major thing wrong with it: it completely lacks evidence. There's a mountain of evidence showing that wrestling is the best base, while there's little to no evidence showing otherwise.

You are trying to make an argument that wrestling is not the best base, great, all the power to you, but you should really work on not trying to present your argument as a fact, because at this point, it's nothing more than a theory, however well-supported by argumentation it may be.

This is a sport forum

Not a court of law

I dont need "proof"

Its obvious why wrestling dominates american MMA and NOTHING ELSE

I just enjoy all the people who cant understand the world outside what they see on TV

I have presented a ton of evidence

1...wrestling cant dominate SOCCERKICK MMA

2...the best wrestlers dont win MMA (the wrestlers that beat Daniel Cormier in wrestling can't come over and beat him in MMA)

A handful of people completely understood the post

The majority failed to comprehend that

its
NOT THE STYLE
Its HOW ITS PRACTICED

they are obsessed with techniques and forgot about logistics

If wrestling was the best base it would dominate Russian and Japanese MMA

THEY ARE BETTER WRESTLERS THAN WE ARE!!!

However

They take their martial arts much more seriously than we do so it's actually compeditive with "sports"

D1 wrestler:
MMA = brain damage

Not all MMA practitioners have brain damage

Muay Thai AND boxing...even MMA has intelligent people participating...even doctors and scientists

Actually i work in science AND public safety

MMA if practiced in a non compeditive atmosphere is as safe as soccer...even safer in many cases

It natural to be afraid of something you dont understand

Bro you're all over the fucking place. This discussion is about competitive mma. Everyone that does competitive mma will develop some level of CTE unless you never spar and never get hit in fights

Bro you're all over the fucking place. This discussion is about competitive mma. Everyone that does competitive mma will develop some level of CTE unless you never spar and never get hit in fights

Dude I don't know what kind of safespace fear-mongering millennial snowflake you are but not everybody that does MMA gets brain damage

I've heard this one before
"yeah I don't fight in MMA cuz I don't want to get brain damage"

LOL

more like you're worried about getting your ass beat

Back