Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Final 4 | 1) Barristan Selmy vs 4) Robert Baratheon

[YT]q6GW03WsFgU[/YT]

This just seems appropriate right now.

"Wait," Ser Barristan Selmy wheezed and Robert's warhammer glinted fiercely in the midday sun. "Waaaaiiiit!"

Notice that Robert never named his warhammer. Not a ****.

I want to drink wine and go to a brothel with ole boy Baratheon, dude seems fun as hell.

Probably gonna vote Selmy for the fight tho.

Selmy would besmirch him.

then he should have done so and saved his king, his kingdom and Rhaegar. Instead he bowed down and kissed the ring.

Fact is, he couldnt win. regardless of what this silly poll says or he might be king instead an exiled chump talking bout them glory days when he couldnt deal with Roberts rebellion.

Oh right sorry, thought you'd misread.

Well at least Selmy hasn't had his ass handed to him by a relative of Fat Sam, then hidden like a bitch in Griffins Roost waiting for his friend to save him :D

Lol. Selmy also wasn't wounded in single combat by a dude who'd rather play his harp.

When the commander of an army goes down then the battle is over. Once Robert killed Rhaegar it was over and Selmy bent the knee. It's just business.

Not to get off topic but out of everyone in this whole tournament, how many of them could Eddard have beaten on a good day ?

When the commander of an army goes down then the battle is over. Once Robert killed Rhaegar it was over and Selmy bent the knee. It's just business.

Not to get off topic but out of everyone in this whole tournament, how many of them could Eddard of beaten on a good day ?

sheet, no fun if you cant stir things up a bit.... lol Selmy is/was a badass

Lol. Selmy also wasn't wounded in single combat by a dude who'd rather play his harp.

Robert had spent all day fighting. Rhaegar was fresh. Robert also didn't get unhorsed by a guy who'd rather play his harp.

Not to get off topic but out of everyone in this whole tournament, how many of them could Eddard have beaten on a good day ?

When Rhaegar fell, Dayne, Whent and Hightower didn't bend the knee. This was before the sack of King's Landing. Aerys and Aegon were still alive.

Eddard could beat Jaquen and Syrio. He gets murked hard by everyone else. Probably even loses to Drogo.

I want to drink wine and go to a brothel with ole boy Baratheon, dude seems fun as hell.

Probably gonna vote Selmy for the fight tho.

Was that his 4th battle on the day in his first war when he was completely out numbered?

And he still banged a whole brothel.

I feel ya. In fact on second thought I'm gonna vote Robert just because he's a badass and I like the character.

Robert had spent all day fighting. Rhaegar was fresh. Robert also didn't get unhorsed by a guy who'd rather play his harp.

When Rhaegar fell, Dayne, Whent and Hightower didn't bend the knee. This was before the sack of King's Landing. Aerys and Aegon were still alive.

Eddard could beat Jaquen and Syrio. He gets murked hard by everyone else. Probably even loses to Drogo.

Dayne, Whent an Hightower were in Dorne not at the Trident-Different battle. I believe the Tower of Joy incident was after the sack of King's Landing, too.

So on second thought....I dont know what would lead Selmy to submit but not these 3, unless it was just their mission to guard Lyanna/whatever else was in there.

Hope there is a losers bracket to this and the AD JL fight... Jamie vs robert is a good third place scrap.

Tough one. Part of me thinks Robert might take it but sustain serious injury in the process. The books make it clear that Selmy and Dayne are the best swordsmen, but they also portray prime, trident Robert with that look in his eye as a terrifying force to be reckoned with. His ability and will basically fueled an entire rebellion.

I think that it's a toss up; I can see Robert just overwhelming Selmy and catching him with a big blow, crushing Selmy but taking damage in the process.

Back