Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Final 4 | 1) Barristan Selmy vs 4) Robert Baratheon

Lethal

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
#1) Barristan Selmy

O0qDtEz.jpg

vs

#4) Robert Baratheon

tumblr_mj9ofuZuQ41qgp4j2o1_500.jpg

RU5p0eD.jpg

tumblr_longbcBAod1qfoasdo1_500.jpg

---------

Bracket:

4O6N57s.jpg

Guidelines:

- For all matchups both fighters are in their Prime
- No Intel
- Intent is to Kill
- Voting will close 24 hours after the thread is made

**Book Discussion past the current episode is fine, but please keep it within spoiler tags.

Winner of this matchup faces the winner of the Arthur Dayne vs Jaime Lannister matchup. Jaime just barely made the Final 4, beating the Hound 83-73.

I'm with Selmy.

That clash in the Trident with Rhaegar back in the day is legendary but that was on horse with his war hammer.

Straight up combat duel Selmy is just superior. Although I'm sure Robert pushes him hard.

Selmy, but not by a landslide. I would have a harder time deciding Robert v Jamie.

Robert. Sure Selmy's intent would be to kill, but all of his king related oaths would get in the way and he'd choke.

I'll take Selmy. Only Dayne with Dawn is his confirmed superior, even if only slightly so.

This fight came close to happening, if I remember correctly.

I'm taking Robert. In his prime guy was a beast. Heavy plate + warhammer he shatters Selmy like he did Rhaegar.

Robert. Sure Selmy's intent would be to kill, but all of his king related oaths would get in the way and he'd choke.

But Prime Rob wasn't king yet....

Either way Prime Barry takes this.

Old Barry fucked up a feared sword wielding mercenary with a staff

Selmy is such a badass from so many different credible people in ASOIAF, I really hope in GoT he has a fight scene sometime.

Barristan ending the War of Ninepenny Kings..."who cut a bloody path..."

Several knights distinguished themselves in the battle, including Brynden Tully and Barristan Selmy, who cut a bloody path though the Golden Company's ranks to slay the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders - Maelys the Monstrous - in single combat, and ended the threat to the Seven Kingdoms.

Just one of his many feats in battle.

Barristan is a badass but Baratheon was a fearsome warrior, and killed Rhaegar in a duel.

I voted Selmy, but damn this was tough, reading about Robert in his heydays you sensed a little fear from anyone who would talk about him

Barristan is a badass but Baratheon was a fearsome warrior, and killed Rhaegar in a duel.

You have a point about Rhaegar, and that is Robert's big chip in any fight, and Ned does talk of what a great leader on the battlefield that Robert was, and how he was good at melee-but there is a reverence reserved for Selmy and Arthur Dayne and a few others that I do not detect when speaking about Robert.

I hope to god they show a Selmy fight scene or a flashback in the show. He hasn't done shit.

Heart says Robert, brain says Ser Barristan

I would like to see a tourney of this sort, but filtering out the top five or so. This will be the same result when we did it last year. The top five will always be some variation of Selmy, Dayne, Jamie, Robert, and The Hound.

I would like to see Ser Garlan and some of the lesser known knights battle it out. Some from the Iron Islands. Maybe an outlaw bracket with Smiling Knight and co.

Good idea. No need to run the same brackets over again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back