Aspinall vs Blaydes rewatch

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Fight was over in 30 seconds with a busted knee, yet I keep seeing people say that albeit short- Blaydes was piecing Aspinall up. Or they say it was a complete fluke and don't give at least a little credit for Blaydes unbalancing Aspinall that contributed to the awkward leg put down.

There was a single exchange between them that Blaydes won, the rest was a trade of leg kicks or punches falling short as neither man had their distance and timing down yet

exchange 1- Aspinall goes for a really dumb knee to the body to open it up, Blaydes punches Aspinall in the chest

exchange 2- solid leg kick by Blaydes

exchange 3- Blaydes throws a jab that falls short, aspinall's left and Blaydes right forearms clash resulting in neither landing, Aspinall's reaching right cross falls short. Neither landed a strike here

exchange 4- Blaydes throws another jab that falls short, Aspinall lands a good leg kick, Blaydes' 2 also falls short

Exchange 5- Aspinall throws a hard low kick, Blaydes braces for it and counters well with a 2-1 on Aspinall. As Aspinall puts his leg back to the mat, the knee pops on him (likely due to leaning back and not having a good base under him as Blaydes punches caused recoil)

That's it. They traded leg kicks, and then Blaydes countered a leg kick well with a 2 punch combo. I think people think in exchange 3 and 4 that Blaydes landed significant strikes rather than just punching air.

GAXX741.gif

The breakdown deserves a clip. Cheers @Hock
<Wendy01>

Pavlovich beat the shit out of Blaydes bad.

Blaydes was looking sharp
Was about to put ApenThaw down with the Bolo punch !

I think it would have been by far Toms toughest test so far, to a point where i'm not sure i'd have favoured him.

There's absolutely no takeaway from these 30 seconds, other than they both seemed in good shape, both came out with a high intensity and seemed intent on throwing down. Then snap. Shame we missed this one, looked like it could've been a banger.

Back