More high level kickboxers should get the Pereira experience!!!!

ElLunico

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Easy way to create stars/GOAT candidates that's guaranteed to put on exciting fights.

I would love for them to give MVP the Pereira experience and give him someone like Wonderboy, maybe JDM then a title shot if Leon still the champ by then. He's 37 but still has plenty in the tank and his fights keep you at the edge of your seat since he's a dynamic striker..

Bring in more hard hitting kick boxers and just make them fight stand up dudes.

Guys like Conor, Izzy or O'malley fought wrestlers but UFC should stop doing that and go full Pereira experience and just produce high reel finishes!

Alex fought that Greek guy who was a grappler early on, and Jan tried to grapple him. It's not much of a "Pereira Experience" lol.

MVP is already getting it too. He just fought Holland, who can't grapple. It wasn't even that exciting either.

Alex fought that Greek guy who was a grappler early on, and Jan tried to grapple him.
I don't know anything about this Greek guy other than he only had only 1 takedown in 7 rounds outside of the Pereira fight. Is he supposed to be a legit wrestler or something?

Jan isn't a very good wrestler, and he was completely gassed from the high altitude.

I don't know anything about this Greek guy other than he only had only 1 takedown in 7 rounds outside of the Pereira fight. Is he supposed to be a legit wrestler or something?

Jan isn't a very good wrestler, and he was completely gassed from the high altitude.
Good enough to wrestle Izzy

Oh right, I guess Conor did fight one wrestler on his way to a title shot. When the title shot fell through. What weird way to include Conor in this.

A non wrestler from the weight division below?

So, who do you guys want Alex to fight then who has this massive grappling threat?

When he was in MW, he got the Strickland fight and everyone said Strickland would just wresltefuck him. After that didn't happen, everyone just said Strickland wasn't really a wrestler. Then it was onto the Izzy fights.

Then he survived all of Jan's grappling, and now the talk is that Jan can't grapple lol.

Sure, there's some guys he could have fought at MW before the Strickland fight that had some grappling. That didn't happen, but when he has fought guys who know how to grapple like Izzy and Jan, he passed the test of surviving to win the fight at least. And yes, Izzy can absolutely grapple. No one's grapplefucked him apart from Vettori, but he addressed all that in the rematch.

If he fights, survives the grappling, and KOs Ank next, you all better not start saying Ank isn't a good wrestler as well.

So, who do you guys want Alex to fight then who has this massive grappling threat?

When he was in MW, he got the Strickland fight and everyone said Strickland would just wresltefuck him. After that didn't happen, everyone just said Strickland wasn't really a wrestler. Then it was onto the Izzy fights.

Then he survived all of Jan's grappling, and now the talk is that Jan can't grapple lol.

Sure, there's some guys he could have fought at MW before the Strickland fight that had some grappling. That didn't happen, but when he has fought guys who know how to grapple like Izzy and Jan, he passed the test of surviving to win the fight at least. And yes, Izzy can absolutely grapple. No one's grapplefucked him apart from Vettori, but he addressed all that in the rematch.

If he fights, survives the grappling, and KOs Ank next, you all better not start saying Ank isn't a good wrestler as well.
Don't forget Jan wrestle fucked Izzy but yeah.. the goal post will keep shifting for Alex.

It's also Alex's style. He doesn't use a shell when he fights in MMA. He hand fights a lot and evades instead of blocking punches. There is also the steroid issue with kickboxers. Some guys can handle coming off or finding a workaround while some others can't adapt.

Not everyone is Peireira. MVP is pretty old especially for the smaller weight classes and he's not a top kickboxing. He's a showman and has been doing mma for a long ass time. Apples and oranges.

MVP already had show case booking in Bellator and he wanted to fight better guys, so I don't think he'll be getting fed any cans any time soon. He will likely fight someone in the top ten.

MVP is a karate fighter not a k1 style kickboxer. MVP has been a mixed martial artist for a decade also.

Not really the same thing.

Alex fought that Greek guy who was a grappler early on, and Jan tried to grapple him. It's not much of a "Pereira Experience" lol.

MVP is already getting it too. He just fought Holland, who can't grapple. It wasn't even that exciting either.
Greek guy is bum, Jan is not a wrestler

Easy way to create stars/GOAT candidates that's guaranteed to put on exciting fights.

I would love for them to give MVP the Pereira experience and give him someone like Wonderboy, maybe JDM then a title shot if Leon still the champ by then. He's 37 but still has plenty in the tank and his fights keep you at the edge of your seat since he's a dynamic striker..

Bring in more hard hitting kick boxers and just make them fight stand up dudes.

Guys like Conor, Izzy or O'malley fought wrestlers but UFC should stop doing that and go full Pereira experience and just produce high reel finishes!

Just reading the Topic/Thread-name before clicking i was expecting you wanted more kickboxers to get to visit Nick Hemmers (like Pereira did)

EDIT: Why i'm still using my christmas-avatar? IT'S STILL SNOWING HERE! IN APRIL

Greek guy is bum, Jan is not a wrestler

Jan having as many subs as he does KOs doesn't count for you, I guess. So, you need someone who is not a bum and is a wrestler?

Who would that be exactly?

And don't say Chimaev or some shit at MW because that guy barely fights and can't make weight.

I'm looking at the LHW rankings, and other than Ank, who gets more KOs than anything else, I'm not seeing any wrestlers for you.

I suppose he could fight Krylov. He's something of a wrestler and has 16 subs, but then, he got subbed by Jan, who you said isn't a wrestler. So his wrestling can't be good enough.

Other than KO artist Ank, there aren't any wrestlers in the top 15 at LHW for Alex to fight for you, bro.

Name the wrestlers Alex should fight then.

As I replied to that guy, Nikita is the only one with lots of subs at LHW in the top 15, so surely he's the closest to a "wrestler" we can get there, but then he got subbed by Jan, who apparently isn't a wrestler, so he probably doesn't make the cut lol.

They should sign all the kickboxers they can find at 205 and HW. Those are unique divisions where there are barely any grapplers.

Good enough to wrestle Izzy
When a younger Jan fought a 200lb Adesanya, he wasn't completely gassed out like he was against Pereira at high altitude.

Jan had Pereira down all 3 rounds. If he had cardio like he did against Adesanya, he would've been able to do more work from the top to seal the win instead of just lying there.

Back