Are we thoroughly educating American kids how to not get killed by police?

To be honest, i'm not sure there is a surefire way to survive a police encounter and emerge without injury or a fabricated charge.

The obvious thing to suggest would be to show deference and keep your mouth shut, but even then your despondent and vacant demeanor could be (deliberately)misconstrued as some type of contempt and thus you will have failed the "attitude test" as they call it here in England. Something bad happens next.

Perhaps, being more selective with who can become a police officer would help, rather than populating the force with the kind of subhumans they allow at the moment. The problem that could still arise is that power corrupts, so even a decent person could be twisted into something unpleasant, especially with much of the law being bullshit and immoral, and the amount of power over people the police currently have.

Telling people to try and appease the pigs so the don't shoot you is such a low bar that maybe there is something wrong with the cops too?

To be honest, i'm not sure there is a surefire way to survive a police encounter and emerge without injury or a fabricated charge.

The obvious thing to suggest would be to show deference and keep your mouth shut, but even then your despondent and vacant demeanor could be (deliberately)misconstrued as some type of contempt and thus you will have failed the "attitude test" as they call it here in England. Something bad happens next.

Perhaps, being more selective with who can become a police officer would help, rather than populating the force with the kind of subhumans they allow at the moment. The problem that could still arise is that power corrupts, so even a decent person could be twisted into something unpleasant, especially with much of the law being bullshit and immoral, and the amount of power over people the police currently have.

Too funny. So the only type of emotions you can display with police are agitated/aggravated and despondent/vacant?

How about just having a normal conversation with them when stopped and answering the questions like an adult?

Well if we're going to go down that route I think it's the war on drugs and legislated morality that's behind much of this LEO-civilian conflict, forcing police to become armed clergymen enforcing our nation's Christian morals for the prison-for-profit industry rather than stopping thieves and violent criminals. But it doesn't look like any of that's changing any time soon, so we need to learn how as civilians to survive in the current paradigm.

Or do what you're told to do when told to do it. :rolleyes:

Yeah this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. We're seeing more and more of these and civilians aren't being trained how to avoid stuff like this. Factors like moving too quickly or in an unexpected way when the cop's jumpy. Maybe if he would've told the cop what he was reaching for and done it very slowly he could have avoided the deadly force, not that there's any reason to expect him to have known that.

P.S. a quick glance at the comments on that video shows how funny it is that people think racism isn't still a huge problem in this country.

LOL all because the guy took off his seatbelt before he pulled into the gas station
icon13.gif

That's crazy.

He asked the man for his license and didn't consider that the guy might have to get it out of his car? If that's a possible reason for getting shot then no one's safe, lol. He literally got shot because the cop didn't think of the obvious consequences of the cop's orders.

But it does make me think. Cops always ask for license and registration but if you keep your license and registration out of sight then reaching for it means risking your life. Why don't the cops first ask "where is your license and registration?" and then grant permission to get it. By starting with "Show me your license and registration," an individual who rushes to comply risks scaring the cop and getting shot. The obvious response is that the individual should reassure the cop before compliance but I just can't see why that is the driver's responsibility.

Kind of a weird stop anyway. Cops usually pull up and stop you before you get out of your car. This cop literally pulls up on the guy as hes stepping out.

This cop must have been fresh out of the academy.

That's crazy.

He asked the man for his license and didn't consider that the guy might have to get it out of his car? If that's a possible reason for getting shot then no one's safe, lol. He literally got shot because the cop didn't think of the obvious consequences of the cop's orders.

But it does make me think. Cops always ask for license and registration but if you keep your license and registration out of sight then reaching for it means risking your life. Why don't the cops first ask "where is your license and registration?" and then grant permission to get it. By starting with "Show me your license and registration," an individual who rushes to comply risks scaring the cop and getting shot. The obvious response is that the individual should reassure the cop before compliance but I just can't see why that is the driver's responsibility.

It's insane the guy was literally just doing what he was told to do. I always have to reach in my glove compartment for my registration and I've never had a cop even react in a negative way because of it. The most they'll do is shine the light on my glove compartment to look inside while I'm trying to find my insurance/registration.

Kind of simultaneously impressive and heart breaking that the guy manages to keep his hands up while being riddled with bullets.

That's crazy.

I always mention where I'm grabbing my license and registration from for that very reason. I shouldn't have to, but it's better safe than sorry.

Kind of a weird stop anyway. Cops usually pull up and stop you before you get out of your car. This cop literally pulls up on the guy as hes stepping out.

This cop must have been fresh out of the academy.

Yep. Shitty tactics and pretty much against everything they train you to do in the academy. This cop didn't put himself in a position to be at an advantage and he was all jumpy and worked up because of it. Really no defending his stupid mistake.

1) Don't break the law.
2) Don't Run
3) Don't fight
4) Be respectful.

Back