Are we thoroughly educating American kids how to not get killed by police?

Forkfoot

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
On every one of those videos showing police murder and brutalize civilians there are tons of comments saying the civilian deserved it because they didn't listen to the cop, because they made a sudden movement, because they didn't get their hands up fast enough, because they didn't act right, like this should just be common sense. But is it? Like, do they teach kids classes on this in school? I was home schooled so I don't know. Are all children in America being thoroughly educated how to avoid being killed when interacting with police in this country? Cuz when I see footage of a guy get his guts filled with bullets just cuz he reached for his ID faster than the cop would've liked, it really doesn't look like the guy suspected he was doing something that could get him shot.

It sounds to me like actually taking measures to make police better at de escalating situations without violence has been pretty much ruled out as a possibility by everyone in charge of such things. So are we doing everything we can to make 100% sure that 100% of civilians are 100% aware of how not to get killed when interacting with police officers at any time? If that's the type of society we're choosing to live in, where a civilian doing the wrong thing at the wrong time can be an instant death sentence, I think we should at least make very, very sure our children have been thoroughly educated on how to survive in such a society.

I need this education myself.....should I expect my life to be in jeopardy if I attack a Police Officer? Does anybody know? Are there any certified common sense teachers that post in his forum?

tons of these videos show shitty officers. Some of the ones ive seen that bugged me the most:

cop rolls up on guy standing outside his car. Cop asks to see id. Guy calmly reaches into car and cop shoots him. Guys is laying there bleeding with wallet in hand saying "what did i do"? Cop responds "you reached in your car"

12 year old kid is being dumb at park with fake gun. Citizen calls to report the kid. Cops are aware the kid may have a gun but cant possibly be sure of specifics. They litteraly drive over the grass and pull within 5 feet of kid and light him up within 2 seconds of car stopping. they say they yelled show your hands but it happened so fast kid never had a fucking chance to do anything.

Cop in utah gets call about suspicious activity. Rolls up to see kid with hoodie on walking. Pulls his gun and approaches suspect from behind saying show your hands. Kid doesnt reply (had headphones on under his hoodie) Kid finally realizes someone is behind him and he turns and says "what" while reaching in his sweater pocket to turn cd player off. Cop lights him up and kills him then stands over his dead body and realizes kid was simply listening to music and was reaching for his player.

I can go on and on. Cops shooting dogs who are no harm. Cops shooting people running from them who had non violent crimes etc...

We need more cameras and we need more cops put behind bars for their actions. With all that said, i am pro cop, have never been mistreated by a cop and think the worst thing anyone could do is be anti law enforcement becasue of bad apples. Dont commit crimes and you are likely to be fine.

cop rolls up on guy standing outside his car. Cop asks to see id. Guy calmly reaches into car and cop shoots him. Guys is laying there bleeding with wallet in hand saying "what did i do"? Cop responds "you reached in your car"

i shouldn't laugh but that cops response was amazing.

I need this education myself.....should I expect my life to be in jeopardy if I attack a Police Officer? Does anybody know? Are there any certified common sense teachers that post in his forum?

You don't have to attack him. Just encounter the wrong one on the wrong day and you are fucked.

You don't have to attack him. Just encounter the wrong one on the wrong day and you are fucked.

Yeah and civilians have bad days too. We should make sure everyone is so thoroughly educated and prepared that even on a bad day they won't accidentally do the wrong thing and get killed.

Chapter 1: Be White
Chapter 2: Do not be found in or near a moving or parked car...
Chapter 3: Upon being approached by an officer, verbally fellate said officer

tons of these videos show shitty officers. Some of the ones ive seen that bugged me the most:

12 year old kid is being dumb at park with fake gun. Citizen calls to report the kid. Cops are aware the kid may have a gun but cant possibly be sure of specifics. They litteraly drive over the grass and pull within 5 feet of kid and light him up within 2 seconds of car stopping. they say they yelled show your hands but it happened so fast kid never had a fucking chance to do anything.

Cop in utah gets call about suspicious activity. Rolls up to see kid with hoodie on walking. Pulls his gun and approaches suspect from behind saying show your hands. Kid doesnt reply (had headphones on under his hoodie) Kid finally realizes someone is behind him and he turns and says "what" while reaching in his sweater pocket to turn cd player off. Cop lights him up and kills him then stands over his dead body and realizes kid was simply listening to music and was reaching for his player.

I can go on and on. Cops shooting dogs who are no harm. Cops shooting people running from them who had non violent crimes etc...

We need more cameras and we need more cops put behind bars for their actions. With all that said, i am pro cop, have never been mistreated by a cop and think the worst thing anyone could do is be anti law enforcement becasue of bad apples. Dont commit crimes and you are likely to be fine.

There seems to be lots of cameras already, but its not doing anything. Always the "bad apples". If I had this many bad apples in my orchard, I'd be swapping out entire trees and maybe I'd start evaluating if my method for growing apples just isn't right for the climate.

The cops aren't getting punished and the department cultures they represent aren't being altered in any way. Shit, police departments are financially encouraged to be as antagonistic as possible nowadays.

Who knows though, maybe a few more cameras will solve the whole thing.

[YT]P2plo4FOgIU[/YT]

There seems to be lots of cameras already, but its not doing anything. Always the "bad apples". If I had this many bad apples in my orchard, I'd be swapping out entire trees and maybe I'd start evaluating if my method for growing apples just isn't right for the climate.

The cops aren't getting punished and the department cultures they represent aren't being altered in any way. Shit, police departments are financially encouraged to be as antagonistic as possible nowadays.

Who knows though, maybe a few more cameras will solve the whole thing.

cameras on dash cams and vests is still gaining momentum. Seems like there has been a lot more attention paid to these videos over controversial altercations recently. I hope they prove effective going forward in holding cops accountable for their actions. I dont want cops to be turned into mall security level guys who are afraid to use force when its needed. But they need to be smart and show some compassion and handle situations minus emotion/excitement. Ability to apply lethal force comes with a lot of responsibility

Yes, these are some troublesome times. Who would have thought we would live in a world where you couldn't beat an armed police officer senseless, try to steal his gun and actually face consequences. Make sure we teach kids about the ruthlessness of these corrupt officials.

LOL...

people still pushing the bull$hit Mike Brown narrative of "hands up don't shoot."

How many times do you idiots need to be proved wrong?

You rob a store and attack a police officer and your life expectancy will drop 70 years, regardless of your race/age.

Like all cloaked cop bashing threads, criminal pieces of $hit will be exposed in this thread.

LOL...

people still pushing the bull$hit Mike Brown narrative of "hands up don't shoot."

You rob a store and attack a police officer and your life expectancy will drop 70 years, regardless of your race/age.

Like all cloaked cop bashing threads, criminal pieces of $hit will be exposed in this thread.

this always surprised me, with all the cop abuse out there and potential cases for the masses to get behind, they got into an uproar over mike brown? Dude was a piece of shit who deserved to get shot. That was the case everyone found worthy of rioting for????

It's starts young kids aren't respecting there parents or their authority , then teachers get walked all over and have no power so now cops they don't know any difference ... In just

Yes, these are some troublesome times. Who would have thought we would live in a world where you couldn't beat an armed police officer senseless, try to steal his gun and actually face consequences. Make sure we teach kids about the ruthlessness of these corrupt officials.

LOL...

And here come the straw man "if you try to kill a cop you get killed" arguments. Reread the OP, idiots.

this always surprised me, with all the cop abuse out there and potential cases for the masses to get behind, they got into an uproar over mike brown? Dude was a piece of shit who deserved to get shot. That was the case everyone found worthy of rioting for????

Bingo...

out of all the potential martyrs they choose, they opt for the most guilty one...

LOL..

the kid in Cleveland who was playing with a toy gun, that was a legitimate situation to be irate over...

Mike Brown just robs a store, and attacks a cop and all of a sudden it's hands across America for him...

LOL...boggles my mind.

It's starts young kids aren't respecting there parents or their authority , then teachers get walked all over and have no power so now cops they don't know any difference ... In just

Maybe the schools suck? And the parents are to busy working? Or maybe there is only one parent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back