Are people annoyed Amanda Nunes is done at 145?

Maybe I missed something... but how is it a myth?

You realize that you need to remove every single "145er" who can make 135 right? You do realize this right?????

When put all the fighters back at 135 who belong there, 145 is VERY thin.

that's the difference between you and me. you say that fighters "belong" in a division where they dehydrate and hurt themselves to compete, whereas I believe that the bullshit weight cutting system needs to be curbed further in order to best serve the fighters, the fans, and the orgs.

there are enough 145ers out there to keep the division open, if the UFC and the commissions step up and display some courage and common sense.

that's the difference between you and me. you say that fighters "belong" in a division where they dehydrate and hurt themselves to compete, whereas I believe that the bullshit weight cutting system needs to be curbed further in order to best serve the fighters, the fans, and the orgs.

there are enough 145ers out there to keep the division open, if the UFC and the commissions step up and display some courage and common sense.
So that's a bit of a semantic argument in a sense, and you're still wrong. Allow me to explain why:

Let's say we abolish weight cutting for the most part -- then the 135 division moves to 145. But then people like Cyborg would move to 155, which would be the new 145.

So by your definition 145 should be 155, and that division STILL is very thin, because most of the fighters should be at 145.

I'm not annoyed. I'm of the opinion that a double champ should choose a title to vacate two weeks after winning the second belt. Keep the divisions moving.

Cyborg couldn't fight Megan after she lost to Holm and no one was really interested in a Cyborg/Holm rematch so they brought in Amanda since Cyborg needed an opponent. All of Cyborg's opponents went back to 135 after losing to her. Close the division and let all the fighters go back to 135. If they can't make the weight cut, well then better luck elsewhere.

Def smart idea when they're trying to build womens divisions n cater to that crowd more.

/idiot

I'm more curious can Nunes make 125lbs? Would love to see a UFC first 3 division simultaneous champ.

Non-existent division, it was a catchweight fight to me and Amanda proved that there is no need for that division.

Perfectly fine with her never fighting at 145 ever again.

Def smart idea when they're trying to build womens divisions n cater to that crowd more.

/idiot
There is hardly ANYONE clamoring for women's feather weight division. Just because you and the minority like seeing blown up BW's competing in a weight class above doesn't mean everyone else is looking forward to it. Scrap the division.

So that's a bit of a semantic argument in a sense, and you're still wrong. Allow me to explain why:

Let's say we abolish weight cutting for the most part -- then the 135 division moves to 145. But then people like Cyborg would move to 155, which would be the new 145.

So by your definition 145 should be 155, and that division STILL is very thin, because most of the fighters should be at 145.

everyone doesn't move up. not everyone cuts an identical amount of weight, not everyone has an identical struggle to 135, and when some of the bigger people move up, those who more comfortably make the weight will stay there. if there is so much more talent is concentrated at the lower weights, than an upward shift for some of them would be a good thing anyway.

when IVs were banned, it differentially affected fighters. not "everyone" moved up...but it clearly hurt some people and forced a few moves. hydration testing would be a bigger deal, no doubt, but not everyone is murdering themselves the same way to fight where they do. the bigger ones will move up, some will stay, and some from the next division down will take the place of those who go up.

We also don't need the same depth at 145 as there is elsewhere in order to justify its existence. We just need enough compelling fights. When you consider that there is Nunes, Cyborg, Holly, Megan, and GDR who are *easily* able to compete at 145, that's already a pretty damn impressive top 5. Add Cat, when she recovers...add in a couple more who have a not-so-fun cut to 135 who could also move up, especially if they see that Cyborg isn't their only option. Add in a few more from outside the org, like Kayla. Suddenly there is a pretty darn good top 10 or so, isn't there?

remember how 135 would never work? the talent pool was too thin? no one could beat Ronda? this all sounds soooo familiar...well, there is talent, Cyborg just lost, and it's time to invest in the division, IMHO.

there are too many pessimists who like to throw up obstacles instead of looking for ways to make it happen. with the right investment, scouting, fighter incentives, etc., the division is viable.

Cyborg couldn't fight Megan after she lost to Holm and no one was really interested in a Cyborg/Holm rematch so they brought in Amanda since Cyborg needed an opponent. All of Cyborg's opponents went back to 135 after losing to her. Close the division and let all the fighters go back to 135. If they can't make the weight cut, well then better luck elsewhere.

it was always what nunes was gone do win or lose.

ufc needed a big fight for cris to have before she will walk else where,.

No, it’s a division with 2 fighters. One who could face her at 135 and she just beat the other one who already has one foot out the door in the UFC.

As someone who hates WMMA and would prefer to see it shown seperately instead of mixed in with men's MMA. I gotta give props to Amanda. That fight vs Cyborg was probably the best fight that night and it was really entertaining. I don't really care about what weight she fights at but I'll probably tune in for her next fight.

Not at all. All the 145ers worth a shit can cut down to 135.

Amanda has hopefully destroyed this worthless div for good.

it was always what nunes was gone do win or lose.

ufc needed a big fight for cris to have before she will walk else where,.
And she got her big fight. She wants another big fight, better drop some muscle to make 135. Or fight elsewhere.

And she got her big fight. She wants another big fight, better drop some muscle to make 135. Or fight elsewhere.
Ive been sayin this since she first started to call out Rousey. In retrospect,cyborg looks alot worse,considering all the fighters who challenged for the 145 belt can easily cut to 135. What a fucking joke that div was.

Her stating she is done is just her team's way of driving up the price for a rematch. She is absolutely fighting at 145 again

Back