Are people annoyed Amanda Nunes is done at 145?

not annoyed at all, end of the day the double champ thing is just marketing wank,
none of the double champs have defended both belts and nor will they which is why Dana lets them have their glory and them strips them of one .

I mentioned them in a subsequent post.

Nunes, Holm, Megan, and GDR can all easily fight at 145. Assiming Zingano's eye is ok, she will be back too. Including Cyborg, that is a half dozen right there. I'm sure there are a few others who have a not-so-fun cut to 135 who could join them. Add in a few more who are not in the UFC right now, such as Kayla, and it should not be hard to have a rather talented top 10-12.

Lol. “Hey ladies, we know you’ve been competing for years in what was the marquee women’s division, but now we want you to kill that division by moving up to the Cyborg division, and make it make sense.”

<36>

No women's 145 is a joke anyway. They don't even have enough of a roster to have a top 10 or even a top 5. It was created specifically for Cyborg and now it has served its purpose. So, time to go.

Cyborg couldn't fight Megan after she lost to Holm and no one was really interested in a Cyborg/Holm rematch so they brought in Amanda since Cyborg needed an opponent. All of Cyborg's opponents went back to 135 after losing to her. Close the division and let all the fighters go back to 135. If they can't make the weight cut, well then better luck elsewhere.

This is precisely why the UFC never wanted Cyborg to drop down for a one and done at 135. It kills a weak division to decapitate it and then leave. 145 was a joke before Nunes took out Cyborg, but there's not even the slightest justification for it anymore. It's only a matter of time before they close it.

Not really since she's holding two belts. She should choose one division and defend there to not create a mess. 135 is the logical choice, especially with fate of 145 being pretty uncertain.

Lol. “Hey ladies, we know you’ve been competing for years in what was the marquee women’s division, but now we want you to kill that division by moving up to the Cyborg division, and make it make sense.”

<36>

135 was the marquee division because of Ronda...she's gone.

145 was unappealing, because the money was in beating Ronda, and Cyborg was unstoppable, with no 'next move' beyond her anyway. that is no longer the case either.

keep trying though. like I said, people can either cling to these tired old reasons to try and invalidate 145 or they can look for ways to make it happen.

Who cares shut down the 145 division there’s not enough women for it to be sustainable... let cyborg go she’s exposed after fighting buncha cans... holly didn’t have the power to affect cyborg like nunes did... let nunes fight holly if she wins

I'm annoyed that the UFC cannot, from the entire world, fill the 145 division with more talent. What are they going to do now if Amanda vacates? Say, "Well Chris, here's your belt back...now about that pay cut..."

I'm annoyed they created a 145lb division for a single fighter.

Last edited:
No. I thank her for her service.

Exactly. She dominated the one fighter who mattered in that pathetic division and split. It's not her job to keep Cyborg's 145 bubble afloat.

135 was the marquee division because of Ronda...she's gone.

145 was unappealing, because the money was in beating Ronda, and Cyborg was unstoppable, with no 'next move' beyond her anyway. that is no longer the case either.

keep trying though. like I said, people can either cling to these tired old reasons to try and invalidate 145 or they can look for ways to make it happen.

The whole reason for the 145 belt to exist was Cyborg. Cyborg’s aura is gone, she has one fight left, scrap that garbage.

Get over it, dude.

The whole reason for the 145 belt to exist was Cyborg. Cyborg’s aura is gone, she has one fight left, scrap that garbage.

Get over it, dude.

They have tried to build 145 since Gina. (they meaning promoters). As you know, everyone has failed. It is the post apocalyptic wasteland of talent. One fighter, then endless schlubs.

They have tried to build 145 since Gina. (they meaning promoters). As you know, everyone has failed. It is the post apocalyptic wasteland of talent. One fighter, then endless schlubs.
Right. I mean, not trying to fighter bash, but that division is just meh after meh. Felicia Spencer is fun to watch, but wouldn’t be top 15 at 135.

Right. I mean, not trying to fighter bash, but that division is just meh after meh. Felicia Spencer is fun to watch, but wouldn’t be top 15 at 135.

Right. Look at how many at 145 have losses to 135ers. Some of the "top" 145 lbs. women split their time at 135.

Back