Are people annoyed Amanda Nunes is done at 145?

Cyborg couldn't fight Megan after she lost to Holm and no one was really interested in a Cyborg/Holm rematch so they brought in Amanda since Cyborg needed an opponent. All of Cyborg's opponents went back to 135 after losing to her. Close the division and let all the fighters go back to 135. If they can't make the weight cut, well then better luck elsewhere.
this is pretty much like TJ fighting for Cejudo's belt when we know the division is closing down... irrelevant belt.

nah

was expected and you can't blame her

And she got her big fight. She wants another big fight, better drop some muscle to make 135. Or fight elsewhere.

if she wouldnt do it for ronda back than cris will just walk to bellator to keep can crushing.

I’ve seen people blaming wmma for this, but this is completely a Conor era thing. Champs claiming double champ and vacating a title they probably shouldn’t have been allowed to challenge for.

Funny thing about it is Amanda actually stepped up and faced the scariest challenge of anyone imo and people aren’t giving her credit

whatever makes the division go away fastest is okay by me.

if she wouldnt do it for ronda back than cris will just walk to bellator to keep can crushing.
Well at least she gets to keep doing what she's been doing for most of her career then.

why do you think cris tried all she could to not fight nunes.
I was never aware that she was avoiding her. As long as she was allowed to fight at 145 or CW's of 140 Cyborg was happy cause she didn't have to feel the affects of the cut. Luckily Amanda put her ass to sleep and hopefully kills that division.

I was never aware that she was avoiding her. As long as she was allowed to fight at 145 or CW's of 140 Cyborg was happy cause she didn't have to feel the affects of the cut. Luckily Amanda put her ass to sleep and hopefully kills that division.

did u how instead of signing to fight nunes at ufc 226 she saved ufc 222. notice how she cried that the ufc was not fair that she couldnt find a can to fight at ufc 228 after nunes signed the ufc 232 contract.

cris learned from jon jones how to try and play the victim card.

Not at all

The women's FW division has been thinner than an anorexic walking stick since its inception.

It was only brought about in the UFC so that they could get some return on their investment in Cyborg Justino (whom they signed with the stipulation that she would drop down to 135.) Now that she's been beaten by a 135er who moved up, have Cyborg make the move to 135 and be done with it.

Ok. Radical proposal. Get rid of 135!

Who are the other 145lbers, then? Meanwhile, you wanna talk about weight cutting? Cybro is the biggest offender of them all.

I mentioned them in a subsequent post.

Nunes, Holm, Megan, and GDR can all easily fight at 145. Assiming Zingano's eye is ok, she will be back too. Including Cyborg, that is a half dozen right there. I'm sure there are a few others who have a not-so-fun cut to 135 who could join them. Add in a few more who are not in the UFC right now, such as Kayla, and it should not be hard to have a rather talented top 10-12.

I mentioned them in a subsequent post.

Nunes, Holm, Megan, and GDR can all easily fight at 145. Assiming Zingano's eye is ok, she will be back too. Including Cyborg, that is a half dozen right there. I'm sure there are a few others who have a not-so-fun cut to 135 who could join them. Add in a few more who are not in the UFC right now, such as Kayla, and it should not be hard to have a rather talented top 10-12.

Of course, Nunes, Holm, GDR and Zingano all seem to make 135 regularly. And there are plenty of others who do so as well. So instead of stripping one division to half its talent to support a division devoid of it, just leave 135 alone. It is not as if those women have been clamoring to fight at 145.

Back