Are people annoyed Amanda Nunes is done at 145?

I'm annoyed at the myth that there is 'no talent' at 145.

it would be great if the UFC and commissions could get their shit together and further curb the *ridiculous* practise of weight cutting that hurts the fighters, the fans, and the org.
Maybe I missed something... but how is it a myth?

You realize that you need to remove every single "145er" who can make 135 right? You do realize this right?????

When put all the fighters back at 135 who belong there, 145 is VERY thin.

Yes if title becomes vacant for cyborg to crush another 135er for it, not if she defends.

Wouldnt mind if division goes away too.

She isn't done at 145. Why would she give up one belt so soon?

She was clearly joking in that video.
Right? She was just making a joke about how her clothes are too tight now.

You got some special people here on Sherdog. I’m autistic and even I knew it was a sarcastic joke.

Now that the Cyborg myth has been debunked and she got exposed...close the division.

goodbye 145, just feel for Megan

but she ruined her own hype getting outclassed by Holly the way she did

Right? She was just making a joke about how her clothes are too tight now.

You got some special people here on Sherdog. I’m autistic and even I knew it was a sarcastic joke.
Except 145 has barely any contenders and most belong at 135 anyway. Seems that autism is legit.

Close the division and let all the fighters go back to 135.
Additionally: there were only 6 fights at Women's Featherweight last year (3 in 2017 and 2 in 2016). It's a division that should've never been created and the sooner Nunes goes back to W-Bantamweight the sooner they can close W-Featherweight.

Nothing to be annoyed at. She jumped at the opportunity to take on the seemingly invincible Cyborg, and added to her impressive resume in the process. It's not her fault there's not enough talent to have a real 145 division.

They're going to fold the division and let Cyborg walk away. The division had 3 or 4 fighters anyway lol

Maybe Nunes can eventually cut to 125 and become the first champ champ champ

They're going to fold the division and let Cyborg walk away. The division had 3 or 4 fighters anyway lol

2. Cyborg and Megan are the only 145 fighters in the UFC, everyone else was a blown up 135er.

Cyborg couldn't fight Megan after she lost to Holm and no one was really interested in a Cyborg/Holm rematch so they brought in Amanda since Cyborg needed an opponent. All of Cyborg's opponents went back to 135 after losing to her. Close the division and let all the fighters go back to 135. If they can't make the weight cut, well then better luck elsewhere.

This is the only way it should be.

145... lol

What's the point of having a division if there are no fighters. Cyborg should have cut to 135 instead of roiding to 145.

But she says she would die if she cut... she's naturally that jacked... it's not weightlifting.

She's trying to play hard to get and being suuuper annoying at it. There is no other big fight for her aside from rematching Cyborg. Who at 135 deserve the next crack? Holm would be a decent fight but it's not like Holly has done much to deserve it. She'd just get it by default. I say let Meghan rematch Zingano on the same card as Nunes-Cyborg 2 or Cyborg-Meghan and Nunes-Holm.

Yeah there’s really no point anymore. If Amanda isn’t defending it there’s no point. It’s a hollow belt. I do enjoy Cyborg fights but a lot of that was to see who finally rip the shroud of invincibility from her. Without a rematch, and there’s really no need for one, 145 is meaningless.

Did you see Nunes v Cyborg? Granted that was an outlier but holy shit still.
Outside of the shock value of Cyborg losing, the fight didn't do anything positive for me. Cyborg was the most skilled, well rounded, most feared fighter for how many years? Yet the first time she faced a fighter who could land on her with power all those skills went out the window and she reverted to brawling blindly until she got clipped. Same as Ronda, she was more a product of lack of competition than a surplus of skills.

I don't mean that from a disrespectful perspective. The men were the same way and as camps progress WMMA will get better. From a personal standpoint, I just don't enjoy watching women fight unless they're in a giant bowl of whipped cream and jello.

Back