April Challenge: Magic 60

Cap'n/9:12

Lost time from a slightly slippery floor. You're safe for now, Dan.

I just did the magic 50 last night. Didn't know you all was havin a competition....not that I would have been a threat on the leader board...

Vonakaka, just curious how you structured this workout mate??
How long and when did you rest for between sets? Did you do say, 10 seconds of rest between each round? Or just bulldoze through all six rounds with no rest??

I ask because i'm about to give this challenge a go, and am looking at how to go about it. your a fair bit heavier than me, i read your log, good fitness for a guy your weight.

Any input appreciated mate.

Rest, what is that? I went at it as fast as I could again, the time I lost was basically picking up the dumbell from the floor and dropping it again.

Alan Goode/9:12

Lost time from a slightly slippery floor. You're safe for now, Dan.

*exhales*

Good, I have too many things to get done this week to try and beat your score. I still wanna get under 8:40 though.

Zop

BW: 200 lbs

DB: 35 lbs

Time: 29:53

First time doing a challenge during the weekend in a long time. Hopefully I can make it a habit.

Zop

BW: 200 lbs

DB: 35 lbs

Time: 29:53

First time doing a challenge during the weekend in a long time. Hopefully I can make it a habit.

Good job Zop - refreshing to see an honest time reported here!

I've been out with flu/pneumonia for the past week, but hope to be able to report my time this week.

Good job Zop - refreshing to see an honest time reported here!

I've been out with flu/pneumonia for the past week, but hope to be able to report my time this week.

I hope you're just joking around here?

2nd attempt: I made it 4 rounds with 40lb db before my arms gave in. That was at 5-5:30. My gym is seriously crowded so once spent I step aside.

This set was just for strength. I'll do another training round with 40s before the real attempt at 35 that I'll complete even if it takes 20 minutes.

I did the Magic 50 with 10 lbs db in approx. 20 min... I think I'll wait and see what's in store for May, lol.

Ignore him. He's old and bitter that his best years are behind him.

I am old - but I could still take YOU!

For those that didn't understand my comment, I was calling out "vonanaka" - not anyone else. I'm not buying his 6:30 time until I see video proof (unless he's secretly Ross Enamait!). If it ever comes, I'll apologize and use the gay-est avatar of his choice for a month!

Looking at Vonanaka's training log, I'll believe him. He's put in the necessary work to get that time.

I am old - but I could still take YOU!

For those that didn't understand my comment, I was calling out "vonanaka" - not anyone else. I'm not buying his 6:30 time until I see video proof (unless he's secretly Ross Enamait!). If it ever comes, I'll apologize and use the gay-est avatar of his choice for a month!

As I said before I do not have a video camera, if I get hold of one I will record it. But honestly I really don't care if you believe me or not, and if everybody else feels the same way simply don't count the time.

Looking at Vonanaka's training log, I'll believe him. He's put in the necessary work to get that time.

True he would be a very very sad person if he's been making a fake log for months to claim a fake time to win an event on teh interwebs

I was calling out "vonanaka" - not anyone else. I'm not buying his 6:30 time until I see video proof (unless he's secretly Ross Enamait!). If it ever comes, I'll apologize and use the gay-est avatar of his choice for a month!

I still secretly entertain the belief (fetish?) that vonanaka is ross enamait, as well.

His time seems attainable to me. It's just like he said... you don't get to take any breaks. This is only 6 minutes of constant effort. Sprinters do more than that. The key is not to exceed your sustainable heart rate.

As I said before I do not have a video camera, if I get hold of one I will record it. But honestly I really don't care if you believe me or not, and if everybody else feels the same way simply don't count the time.

If it's a legit time, I would truly love to see you in action. That time equates to one rep every ~2.2 seconds with no rest, so you must have looked like Flash in a blurry fury of movement!:D

His time seems attainable to me. It's just like he said... you don't get to take any breaks. This is only 6 minutes of constant effort. Sprinters do more than that. The key is not to exceed your sustainable heart rate.

6:30 of constant activity I can believe - I just find it very tough to believe you could squeeze 180 multiplanar movements into 390 seconds - that's one every 2.2 seconds - just think about the time it takes to do a full DB swing or a burpee w/ push-up and jump. If it's legit, I will stand in awe of vonanaka and offer him my sincerest apologies and will stand good on my promise to sport the gayest avatar of his choice for a month!:redface:

Back