April Challenge:

Magic 60, for time

What to Do:

6 Rounds of:
5 DB Swings (each hand)
5 DB Snatches (each hand)
10 Burpees

Rules:

• This is an open challenge, whitebelts will be allowed however you can't win the champion belt
  • Swings must be at minimum above head height
  • Snatches must be locked out straight overhead, no pushouts
  • There is no mandatory rest period between circuits
  • Burpees, will be ultimate burpees, yes a full pushup and yes a jump are required
  • The Timer starts on swing one and may not stop untill the final burpee
  • Enter your best time during the month only, this is not a PR thread but you best time this month.
  • The DB or KB must be a minimum of 35lbs

Thanks to RossTraining - Bridging The Gap Between Ordinary and Extraordinary for this challenge idea

Leaderboard

1. vonanka/6:30
  2. EnjoyKane/7:58
  3. XTrainer/8:17
  4. Dan Slobodin/8:23
  5. Valgarv/8:29
  6. Odhinnfist/8:37
  7. Quest4Glory/8:44
  8. JRT6/8:47
  9. Cap

So creative!

April Challenge:

Magic 60, for time

What to Do:

6 Rounds of:
5 DB Swings (each hand)
5 DB Snatches (each hand)
10 Burpees

Rules:

• This is an open challenge, whitebelts will be allowed however you can't win the champion belt
  • Swings must be at minimum head height
  • Snatches must be locked out straight overhead, no pushouts
  • There is no mandatory rest period between circuits
  • Burpees, will be ultimate burpees, yes a full pushup and yes a jump are required
  • The Timer starts on swing one and may not stop untill the final burpee
  • Enter your best time during the month only, this is not a PR thread but you best time this month.

Thanks to www.rosstraining.com for this challenge idea

Leaderboard

So no overhead with the swing, and what weights? 35 for those under 200 and 45 for those over, or a % of BW?

So no overhead with the swing, and what weights? 35 for those under 200 and 45 for those over, or a % of BW?

I added above head height which should be fine, i've heard talks of not going to high with swings to save teh shoulders so just wanted to be sure people are not over extending.

Set the weight to 35lbs for everyone, enough people did the 100 snatch challenge with 35's that i think it's a good weight. Didn't see the need to specify by BW as the burpees should even out any weight advantage in the DB work

I added above head height which should be fine, i've heard talks of not going to high with swings to save teh shoulders so just wanted to be sure people are not over extending.

Set the weight to 35lbs for everyone, enough people did the 100 snatch challenge with 35's that i think it's a good weight. Didn't see the need to specify by BW as the burpees should even out any weight advantage in the DB work

I saw the same thread, just wanted to check. Glad it ain't with a 45. I did 80 swings with one the other day and my back was s-o-r-e.

This is going to be fun....

Oooh, I'm excited! Nice choice, should get a lot of people participating this month.

I initially misinterpreted "above head height" for swings and imagined the future cries of shoulders everywhere.

This is a cool challenge for me, since it works in well with my current training, and I won't have to sacrifice my usual schedule to fit this in.

I'll have to wait till the end of the month for this as I've sprained my ankle, on my first day back at BJJ, because I sprained my ankle 2 months ago and got a cut across the eye. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Awesome. I'll cut to the chase right now.

So, Vonanaka, who do think will come in third?

I'm going to give this one a go in the next week, I'm expecting my swings to be my biggest weakness but I'll see how I go. Good challenge.

You fuck. If you posted this earlier, I would have done it yesterday or saved it for today.

Did the "50" with 60 lbs for 10m40sec.

You guys are pussies if you're using a 35. I say use 25%-33% BW.

any chance of using 35lb kettlebell i dont have access to dumbell .

First 2 vids are good examples of both, the last one was pretty damn stupid. What was that a 5lb DB?

Ross does both in this vid

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6JvhCTjicY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6JvhCTjicY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thanks for the feedback. I've never done either before.

I read the post and then went to the gym... towards the end of the workout I did a few swings and a few snatches with 30lbs.

This is gonna suck.

Back