April Challenge: Magic 60

Yes, esp Alan cause he beat me on the Ab Wheel Burpee thing by 6 fuckin' seconds.

I feel obliged to beat Finnegan only because he's heavier than me. When he rivals or beats my time, he frightens me.

Dan...just for that, I'm going to beat your time this month.

15:12

This was my first time doing swings AND snatches (I know, I know i'm a newb). Took me a while to get the hang of it and at first I was doing basically sloppy front lateral raises, but eventually I was able to put hip drive into it. Snatches were harder, and I'll try and get the form down. On the plus side the burpees were easy.

Easy? What I got my time in 8:44 and the burpees sucked ass, how were your burpees easy?

Either way this week i'm givin it another go

Easy? What I got my time in 8:44 and the burpees sucked ass, how were your burpees easy?

Either way this week i'm givin it another go

RELATIVELY easy I guess I should add. I've been doing sets of burpees from 20-40 and I'm conditioned enough that sets of 10 up to 60 total aren't enough for muscle failure. They still get the heart pumping, but I don't feel like I'm going to die when doing them. The snatches were easily the most difficult part for me

10 total snatches
10 total swings
10 total burpees
x6 rounds
=60 reps per exercise

Yeah, I figured that out as I was walking out the door to go do them ("ohhhhhhh, I get it")...then came back in to edit my post.
But you caught my fail before I could...

April 13th
35 lb db
12:20

I'm going to try to break 10:00 by the end of April.
My swings were full ones btw (straight up overhead).

freeman102010
attempt 2
9:56

weight 188
35lb db

second time trying this second time damn close to spewing.

I really thought i would be sub 10 minutes my first try but am getting really humbled here.

last time i tried to take a small break after the burpies (15 to 20 seconds or so) but this time i just took 5-10 seconds whenever I wanted and was doing great and feeling great.

Determined to get the sub 10 minute time I didn't take any breaks on the last round and a half and thats when I nearly lost my breakfast.

even working out after i had to tone it down just to not spew.

1 vonanka 6:30
2 EnjoyKane 7:58
3 Quest4Glory 8:44
4 Dan Slobodin 9:00
5 finnegan 9:21
6 JRT6 9:47
7 freeman102010 9:56
8 JPC 10:29
9 Shotokan777 10:40
10 RollinDownRodeo 11:52
11 Krossinc 12:05
12 Bubble Boy 12:20
13 Hagler7 13:20
14 SteveR 13:43
15 IronMaidenfan#1 14:40
16 erskine777 15:12
17 Chronbody 16:12
18 Masakatsu Funaki #1 17:00

so much for making it look good in excel.

I'm not saying vonanka didnt do a 6:30....but that pace is amazing and would love to see it. I mean you must have been moving like a fucking banshee!

Quest, you're gonna love this...

XTrainer, 8:17. (35lb dumbbell)

I'll do this one more time, at least. Like I said, I've never done snatches in sets of more than 3, and that was with heavy weights and a few breaths in between each rep.

It wasn't until the second or third round that I realized I didn't need huge "Ready-set-EXPLODE!" that I need on heavy snatches. So I can get some time back there...

I did this outside, and my round couting card blew away (more time lost...)

I'd like to get under 7:50 next time.

Vonanaka, well, he's out of reach. :D

Oh, if anyone else is doing this with adjustable screw-on dumbbells, covering the threading of the dumbbell with electrical tape (tightly) keeps everything secure.

I think vonanaka is either ross enamait's gimmick account or he's sean sherk in disguise. I mean, damn, his conditioning is insane.

I'm giving this a whirl first thing tomorrow. I want under 9 minutes, mostly because it will piss Dan off.

afraid I don't have a camera, gonna check if I can borrow one from a friend

Vonakaka, just curious how you structured this workout mate??
How long and when did you rest for between sets? Did you do say, 10 seconds of rest between each round? Or just bulldoze through all six rounds with no rest??

I ask because i'm about to give this challenge a go, and am looking at how to go about it. your a fair bit heavier than me, i read your log, good fitness for a guy your weight.

Any input appreciated mate.

Back