April Challenge: Magic 60

Holy shit, i'm embarrassed:

168lbs

17:00

Time could be off as I didn't have a stop watch and had to use cell phone. Regardless, this was totally shameful. Rest assured I am going to kick all your asses during Fridays attempt.

Hi guys I have been lurking in the conditioning forum for a while now and it has inspired me to buy Ross' Infinite Intensity book. Currently I am trying to cut weight for a BJJ tournament (blue belt division which is on April 26. I am trying to make it down to 76kg with the gi, so i guess around 164lbs. I am down to 169 lbs with over 2 weeks to go so I am on track. 6 weeks ago I was 184lbs. I have found Ross' book to be excellent so far and have been working a lot of core stuff.

My BJJ lesson was cancelled tonight so I ran 4km in 19.58 (a couple of very steep uphills in the run) and thought I would give the magic 60 a go. It is the first time I have ever tried this. I havent even tried the magic 50 yet. I did it with a 35lbs kettle beel and completed the circuit in 13.13. The last set was hell. I completed the 50 in 11.13 so you can see the last set was slow. I'll give it another go soon. Hopefully I can get sub 10 minutes in the near future!

finnegan
bw 225
db: 40 lbs
time: 9:21

I'll give this one another go at the end of the month.

This challenge is blatantly prejudiced against lightweights.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME, STANDARD??!:icon_cry2

This challenge is blatantly prejudiced against lightweights.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME, STANDARD??!:icon_cry2

I'd think lighter DB's and many burpees make this harder for the HW's. If not, Finn would have killed my time. Just look at the 100 snatch challenge.

Yep. The shorter rest between burpee sets sucked.
Don't worry though, Dan, I'll still beat your time.

I'd think lighter DB's and many burpees make this harder for the HW's. If not, Finn would have killed my time. Just look at the 100 snatch challenge.

Stop ruining my commiserations with your logic!! Really I guess I don't have anything to complain about. It's just another conditioning challenge that I'm doomed to fail at and I'm a small, petty, petty man and I need to complain about these type of things.

Yep. The shorter rest between burpee sets sucked.
Don't worry though, Dan, I'll still beat your time.

Not so fast there. I had a shit time compared to what I could normally do. I WON'T be doing it when they are people here. I got interrupted 2x doing it.

I reckon 8:30 should be doable.

Can we both agree that as long as we beat Alan and Mschatz is the really important part? (esp Mschatz for me, he beat my snatch time).

I'm so hoping it is raining tomorrow morning so I can skip my density day and give this another run through instead...

Can we both agree that as long as we beat Alan and Mschatz is the really important part? (esp Mschatz for me, he beat my snatch time).

Yes, esp Alan cause he beat me on the Ab Wheel Burpee thing by 6 fuckin' seconds.

I'm so hoping it is raining tomorrow morning so I can skip my density day and give this another run through instead...

See how many times you can complete it in 30 minutes. Problem solved.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ya, solved. Via suicide.

Stop ruining my commiserations with your logic!! Really I guess I don't have anything to complain about. It's just another conditioning challenge that I'm doomed to fail at and I'm a small, petty, petty man and I need to complain about these type of things.

How much do you weigh?

See how many times you can complete it in 30 minutes. Problem solved.

you first, then come back and tell us how it goes.

second try is going to be Sunday. i really think i should be at least sub 10 min

Sorry if I missed this, but can the snatches and swings be done unilaterally or do they have to be done bilaterally?

15:12

This was my first time doing swings AND snatches (I know, I know i'm a newb). Took me a while to get the hang of it and at first I was doing basically sloppy front lateral raises, but eventually I was able to put hip drive into it. Snatches were harder, and I'll try and get the form down. On the plus side the burpees were easy.

Back