April Challenge: Magic 60

anyone else giving this a go before the end of the month? JRT6... I'm looking in you general direction...

UPDATED

Thanks freeman

anyone else giving this a go before the end of the month? JRT6... I'm looking in you general direction...

I will do it again but in the ebbs and flows of conditioning I'm in an ebb. Switching from mma to bjj is killing my conditioning.

i still have to :redface:

I digesting breakfast right now, "midnight shift change is good for me and good for the city", when i get up maybe I'll go outside and give this a go. It is 72 degrees and sunny so now is the time.

I'm nervous with all this talk of do-overs. I thought I might get away with only doing this one once.

I set my gymboss for 1:30 so that way the worst I could do was 9:30. So I'm around the fourth/fifth set and I'm thinking " you know I really should have went for 1:20 ". Then I looked at my HR monitor, saw 183bpm, and all of sudden it was "oh sweet Jeebus I need some oxygen".

edit: ok so 1:30 x 6 is 9:00. Apparently I fucked up somewhere.

edit: gymboss was set for 1:35.

I'm nervous with all this talk of do-overs. I thought I might get away with only doing this one once.

Be prepared to do it again if you want to stay in the top 3. I'm 90% sure that I will beat your time but that won't be until the 29th or 30th.

First 2 vids are good examples of both, the last one was pretty damn stupid. What was that a 5lb DB?

Ross does both in this vid

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6JvhCTjicY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6JvhCTjicY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

For burpees we don't have to stop in the "starting position" for pushups before lowering our body?

Ross is dropping all the way to the ground in the video. That's easier and faster than the way I've always done them.

After my third attempt this month my best time has been and is 8:37. This sucks, hehe.

I didn't have a 35 lbs. KB or DB (the extra ~9 lbs. probably would have killed me anyway!), but here's my first stab at a monthly challenge:

Time: 20:06
BW: 245 lbs.
One 12 kg/26.4 lbs KB

For burpees we don't have to stop in the "starting position" for pushups before lowering our body?

Personally that's how i have always done them, to each his own though.

35lb KB

bodyweight: 235lb

Time: 10:37

That was my time from last week. I was going to try it again today but I'm not going to be able to before the end of the month.

I'm going to try to break into 8min maybe today.

Back