Anderson Silva's Most Impressive Victory?

I wish I could have seen the looks on all the middleweight division's faces when Anderson beastfucked Rich Franklin.

I still remember right after Silva beat Rich the 1st time the camera shows Hughes and his GF(I'm assuming) and they all looked horrified.

Silva snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against Sonnen in one of the great comebacks of all-time. It was the first time in the UFC he had to really show his heart and toughness in the face of real adversity. By far the most impressive fight of his career for me!

Sonnen 1 simply because he pulled that win outta nowhere i had given up hope and bam triangle happened.

I was the only Silva fan in the bar and everyone knew it. I had made bets for drinks etc. Something in me kept saying he could do it. When he started cheering the crowd on I'm like oh shoot. Needless to say i got MCSchwaysted that night.

Franklin, 22-1 at time, only loss to Machida at HW.

Voted Franklin although Hendo has a very strong argument too. So many impressive wins.

The Fryklund KO was quite impressive to me.

Fact is, there's so many impressive victories to choose from, it's hard to say which is the "best". We should all just be thankful that we were fans during the reign of The Spider. Most people don't realize how lucky we are to witness this shit as it happens. We'll be waiting a long time for another fighter even remotely similar to Anderson Silva.

true

Yes, Rich looked motivated and on point in the rematch, but still got utterly destroyed. Poor Rich.

Yeah, as an Ace fan, I wasn't too pleased on either of those nights.

Referring to the horrified looks on the faces of the MW division, I had about the same reaction.

Man. These threads are so subjective now that I think about. I changed my mind a few times now. The word impressive has so many different meanings.

Chael 2. Guy beat him down the first time. Came back, stuffed the TD's and annihilated him. Beautiful.

I think Bonnar. Not only did he drop his hands (as he always does), but he put himself right where he knew Bonnar wanted him, up against the cage. Short of laying down on his back, he wanted to give Bonnar a nice position to work with. He really tried to make the fight exciting as best he could... showing extreme confidence and ability

I picked Hendo because he's the best fighter he's ever beat in my opinion.

I went with Leben for a very simple reason.

It was Anderson's coming out party. Up to that point, we knew Anderson was a very good striker.

We had NO idea he was THAT good, and it set a precedent to the domination he would hold over the division for over 6 years.

Vitor. Vitor had never been knocked out in his entire career.

Hendo and Forrest. Sakurai was also a big deal back in the day.

Gotta vote for the Hendo fight based on caliber of opponent and the way he worked Dan in the second round. silva hurt him standing up, hurt him with ground & pound, and finished with a sweet sub against a powerful wrestler.

Even Georges would have been impressed.

Back