Anderson Silva's Most Impressive Victory?

No, no he didn't. He MIGHT have had top 10 striking in the LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT division, but not in the UFC. That is a joke. James Irvin isn't even a top 50 striker in UFC history.

Even that could be a stretch. Still was a vintage win though.

why not? Impressive is the key word.

I guess it was impressive, but Chael isn't even THAT great of a fighter and Anderson nearly lost to him. He subbed a guy who had been subbed like 10 times before. His most impressive win was definitely NOT Chael one. That might be his worst win IMO.

I crapped on my bar stool when the sub came at the end of Sonnen I. These other fights were freakish displays of talent but Silva was never out of his comfort zone. I thought I was IN the cage with Silva/Sonnen I.
Chael is a better fighter than people give credit, just wait until he gets locked in with Jones. We may be suprised.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one that crapped on my bar stool when the sub came at the VERY end of Sonnen I. Hasn't happened since. These other fights were great displays of talent but Silva was never in a great deal of danger at any time. I felt I was IN the cage with Silva against Sonnen.

Stop posting.

Sonnen 1.

He got his ass beat by TRT Sonnen for 4 1/2 rounds and pulled off the Hail Mary submission. Not his flashiest victory but imo it is his most impressive. He was less than 120 seconds away from losing his belt and he made Chael tap.

I also like the victory of AS against Carlos Newton
knockouts_Anderson_Silva_Flying_Knees_Carlos_Newton_Pride_25_Body_Blow.gif

I guess it was impressive, but Chael isn't even THAT great of a fighter and Anderson nearly lost to him. He subbed a guy who had been subbed like 10 times before. His most impressive win was definitely NOT Chael one. That might be his worst win IMO.

Impressive is the key word, and can be very subjective.

Some people are impressed with flawless victory ko's in less than a minute, others are impressed by outrageous displays of heart and coming back to win at the end when it seemed impossible.

Hence the poll asking for opinions on the most impressive Silva victory.

I can't be the only one that crapped on my bar stool when the sub came at the VERY end of Sonnen I. Hasn't happened since. These other fights were great displays of talent but Silva was never in a great deal of danger at any time. I felt I was IN the cage with Silva against Sonnen.

Fixed. Now everyone's eyes won't hurt when they have to read it.

Edit: my head still hurts though

The thing at the time was this. We all know standing AS is pretty much impossible to handle but for a long time and still now the only hole in his game is wrestling. Styles make fights as cliche as that sounds. He took Anderson down, took hard as Hades shots and hit the man with over 300 punches?!?!? Pitter pat maybe but being smacked around by a guy at this level in the UFC isnt fun. The fact he didnt fold and won speaks volumes.

It's all good buddy. Its between that hendo and vitor for me.

Good choices, I think that you are also right when you say that his wins against Ace are overlooked. Rich had basically came in there, cleaned out the division, but when Anderson beat him (and then again, in Cincinnati for goodness sakes), no one had really expected that to happen.

The Fryklund KO was quite impressive to me.

Fact is, there's so many impressive victories to choose from, it's hard to say which is the "best". We should all just be thankful that we were fans during the reign of The Spider. Most people don't realize how lucky we are to witness this shit as it happens. We'll be waiting a long time for another fighter even remotely similar to Anderson Silva.

I wish I could have seen the looks on all the middleweight division's faces when Anderson beastfucked Rich Franklin in their first fight.

Sonnen 1 simply because he pulled that win outta nowhere i had given up hope and bam triangle happened.

Good choices, I think that you are also right when you say that his wins against Ace are overlooked. Rich had basically came in there, cleaned out the division, but when Anderson beat him (and then again, in Cincinnati for goodness sakes), no one had really expected that to happen.

Yes, Rich looked motivated and on point in the rematch, but still got utterly destroyed. Poor Rich.

Back