Anderson Silva's Most Impressive Victory?

gotta go with sonnen1, chael dominated every rd and had like 30 secs left before dethroning silva who slapped on a triangle armbar from nowhere.

This poll result really show how Anderson Silva fans think and justify him as GOAT. Most impressive fight against a guy like Forrest Griffen? Gotta be joking. And even Sonnen or Vitor..

Flashy yes, huge wins no.
His biggest wins are Hendo and Franklin and the rest are nothing remotely close to the skill of those 2.

are those prescription or fashion glasses?

i thought Leben, the way he disposed of him quickly .. savage

The Forrest fight. It was almost like watching something supernatural.

I said Bonnar, not because of how great bonnar is, but because of what Anderson has shown. He took it with only 3 weeks notice, half way into his 6 month vacation, against an opponent who had never been finished and was roided up. He went in calm, collected, and with a solid gameplan. He learned from his mistakes in the past and didn't let his opponent take him down. He didn't cheat like Sonnen II (lol dat shorts grab and greasing), and he dropped him efficiently. I think Anderson is still getting better and can fight for at least 3-4 more years if he only takes 2 fights a year.

This poll result really show how Anderson Silva fans think and justify him as GOAT. Most impressive fight against a guy like Forrest Griffen? Gotta be joking. And even Sonnen or Vitor..

Flashy yes, huge wins no.
His biggest wins are Hendo and Franklin and the rest are nothing remotely close to the skill of those 2.

This response really shows how Anderson detractors think ...

Forrest Griffin has NEVER been beaten like that before or since. You seem to be implying his skills are subpar, and, if so, why has no one other than Silva beaten him in a similar manner ...

Vitor ... Never been stopped with such a kick in the Octagon, ... before or since.

Sonnen ... oh forget it, ... you get my point

What Pettis did to Bendo was "flashy" but what Silva did Forrest was like something out of the movies taking place in real life ... dodging punches with hands down, knocking him down at will, then helping him up, ... knocking him silly, while backpedaling with a jab?

So who else has clowned Forrest like that in the Octagon?

Who else beat Vitor with one FRONT KICK to the face?

Clearly YOU gotta joking!

Sonnen "1" without question. Anderson gets his ass mortally KICKED for 24 1/2 minutes and still has the heart & determination to pull out a sub.

Boss.

Franklin I.

It's the only fight I've ever seen that made me think I didn't want to watch any longer. The brutality of Silva's striking and the fear in Franklin's eyes were chilling.

For me, it's the MMA version of a snuff flick.

Back