Anderson Silva's Most Impressive Victory?

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Take into account the caliber of opponent AND how well Anderson performed. Poll Incoming.

2012-11-30-anderson-silva-4_3_r560.jpg

In my opinion it's Dan Henderson.

Henderson has the exact style to beat Anderson Silva. Strong wrestler with KO power and excellent submission defense. It's a damn shame that his cardio at MW is pretty bad, because I really thought he would beat Silva when they fought.

Forrest Griffin, he made him look like a child.

Forrest for sure... he made a world champ from a higher weightclass look like it was his first time in the cage.

I think Vitor. With Forrest, it was pretty obvious who was going to win IMO. His performance was definitely impressive, but I think the Vitor win was more impressive. Against Hendo, he lost a round, so I wouldn't put that as his most impressive win (unless it had nothing to do with how the fight went).

Last edited:
I went with Hendo. His wins over Forrest and Vitor were amazing as well.

forrest fight he looked incredible, though for me hendo is anderson's best win, terms of elite opponent.

I think his most impressive victory was the UFC.

He won it.

Forrest was on Xanax.
Vitor nearly finished Jones.

forrest fight he looked incredible, though for me hendo is anderson's best win, terms of elite opponent.

I agree, although Anderson looked better against Forrest(imo), he dominated Dan badly as well who is a higher caliber fighter than Forrest.

Not easy to pick though, Andy has had some great wins.

People will come into this thread and bash the Forrest win massively.

But Forrest was coming off a win over #1 + #2 LHWs in which he became Champ and was beating Rashad for 2 rounds prior to getting caught.
He was a legit win at the time regardless of what has happened to him recently.

His wins over Franklin get overlooked a bit too i think. He torched Rich twice, and Rich was no joke back then and has been a solid fighter his entire career.

what about irvin? at the time, irvin was one of the best stand-up artists the ufc ha dto offer with brutal muays thai skills, and a.s. just caught that kick and punched his face with pure power.

silvaaa.gif

Take into account the caliber of opponent AND how well Anderson performed. Poll Incoming.

2012-11-30-anderson-silva-4_3_r560.jpg

Definitely Sonnen 1 because before that alot of people thought he was just a frontrunner fighter that was so used to dominating people and that he would fold like a cheap tent if someone put any pressure on him

I agree, although Anderson looked better against Forrest(imo), he dominated Dan badly as well who is a higher caliber fighter than Forrest.

Not easy to pick though, Andy has had some great wins.

i wouldn't say he dominated dan, he got handled in the first round from the get go, then in the second caught dan and tapped him when he was rocked.

vintage anderson was against forrest, franklin, leben.

Franklin 1, not just for the way he won it, bur because he beat the champ.

Franklin was highly respected at that time, still is and Anderson was still relatively unknown and he just tooled him.

2nd would be vs Hendo.

Back