Anderson Silva's Most Impressive Victory?

I chose Forrest Griffin because I feel it was after that fight when everyone basically agreed Anderson Silva was the man. No one in the UFC had worked Forrest like that, hell no one had ever moved up and been so damaging to a top 5 fighter like Anderson was to Griffin. It was so embarrassing that Forrest ran out of the cage, and this is the guy who prior to fighting Anderson had choked out Shogun Rua and won the LHW title from Rampage Jackson.

The Hendo and Chael I victories were classic, so was Vitor, Leben, and the Franklin fights, but that fight with Griffin again really put Anderson at the top of the MMA mountain, not just at 185, but the entire spectrum.

went with sonnen 1, lost basically every minute of a fight against a fighter who was, ahem, a little over the limit, and then pulls out the sub right at the end when most fighters would have just layed back and admitted defeat on points

Why is the second Chael fight bunched together with goddamn Irvin and Fryklund?

Why is the second Chael fight bunched together with goddamn Irvin and Fryklund?

Chael I & II were pretty different fights. So i didn't want to do what i did with Franklin and put them on the same slot.

You only get so many spaces, Chael II was definitely an impressive win, but just felt underwhelming to me. Maybe because of the hype idk.

But its on the poll so go ahead and vote for it.

Sonnen I. He was getting beat up for over four rounds and still pulled out the win just like a true Champion should.

Yeah I'll go this one too, unbelievable shit. And Vitor was up there for mine as well, just amazing, and Forrest was just ridiculous, and Hendo, and... fuck me he's had a lot of impressive showings.

That he did, Anderson has some of the most exciting finishes ever.

I came to say Leben, but I think again for a second and It has to be Forrest

Chael I & II were pretty different fights. So i didn't want to do what i did with Franklin and put them on the same slot.

You only get so many spaces, Chael II was definitely an impressive win, but just felt underwhelming to me. Maybe because of the hype idk.

But its on the poll so go ahead and vote for it.

I voted for Hendo, but I don't get why you took a fight where there were actually a lot of ppl thinking Silva was going to lose and bunch it with squish fights, while you give Bonnar a separate category. It's quite lulzy.

Forest griffin:

Anderson moved up in weight and absolutely humiliated a former LHW champion; he made all the unrealistic things we see in movies, realistic. Although he respected Forrest as a figher, he showed absolute disdain for the opponent’s striking, as usual, and put on a clinic where he matrix’d all over the place. It ended with a jab….

Vitor Belfort:

On paper Vitor was Anderson’s toughest test, imo. He had the necessary speed, accuracy and aggression it took to really threaten Silva’s game, even possible blitz him old-Vitor style. Surely, Anderson would not drop his hands and show disdain for his striking like the rest, right? Well, he not only did that, he front-kicked him to THA FACE.

Chael Sonnen 1 (the way he came back from a beating and a guaranteed lost) and Dan Henderson ( A G.O.A.T candidate) are third and fourth.

I voted for Hendo, but I don't get why you took a fight where there were actually a lot of ppl thinking Silva was going to lose and bunch it with squish fights, while you give Bonnar a separate category. It's quite lulzy.

Bonnar was more impressive than Chael II to me tbh.

To each their own.

In my opinion it's Dan Henderson.

Henderson has the exact style to beat Anderson Silva. Strong wrestler with KO power and excellent submission defense. It's a damn shame that his cardio at MW is pretty bad, because I really thought he would beat Silva when they fought.

What did cardio have to do with their fight? 1 round of laying on top followed by getting beat down in the 2nd shouldn't be tiring...

I picked leban just bc it was the spiders ufc debut and the people that didn't know about him thought leban was going to smash him. I knew leban was in for a long night, or should I say a short one lol. But hindos his best win

I picked leban just bc it was the spiders ufc debut and the people that didn't know about him thought leban was going to smash him. I knew leban was in for a long night, or should I say a short one lol. But hindos his best win

Perfect grammar

Gotta be Forrest or Hendo. The Hendo fight cuz of how Hendo had the right style tyo trouble him and ended up getting massacred that 2nd round. But against Forrest, the guy just lost the LHW title, and Anderson made him look like a little boy fighting his dad. Not competitive for a micro-second of the fight. That fight is proof of just how great he is

I think Henderson is his best win/most impressive.

Hendo or Forrest.

He ripped through Hendo like no one else has in that 2nd round. One of three men to finish Hendo.

Anderson is the man.

For me, it has to be Dan Henderson. I love Silva's flashy Matrix moves as much as the next guy, but Hendo has only ever been finished by 2 other guys. To do something that Fedor, Shogun, Wand, and Rampage couldn't do is extremely impressive.

What truly amazes me, though, is that both Hendo and Anderson seem to have improved in their old age. They should both be washed up legends who young lions have taken out, but they are still kicking. I root for both in every fight on that basis alone (well, I was neutral in the Shogun and Fedor fights due to conflicting loyalties).

His first fight with Franklin is my favorite, but the way he tooled Forrest was crazy.

Back