Anderson - defend your title or reliquish it

This thread again?

TS, you honestly couldn't just find a previously-written thread on this subject that had actual, well-thought out rationale and arguments in the OP?

Gutter trash.

Silva haters are actually hilarious.

Is that you in your avatar? You look like Tony Robbins, dude. I mean that in a good way.

Yeah, that's me. Thanks! LOL. We apparently happen to have some of the same beliefs oddly enough. At least we're real and call it like we see it. Like you said, these people act as if Sonnen is some world beater and that dude gave Silva all he could handle when he isn't even a fight finisher for crying out loud. :icon_lol:

Are you two going to start blowing each other?

He will defend it when a worthy contender appears.
At the moment, there is no one including weidman and im sick of seeing Anderson take on ppl that just dont belong in the cage with him.
I would rather see him go up to LHw again against a decent LHw

He can't put a whole damn division on hold like this for too long. It's not fair to the fighters, the fans, the UFC, or his sponsors. If he doesn't at least have a fight lined up by march of next year, he should be stripped. He has plenty of time to figure out what he wants to do, but he can't claim there's no challenges for him with a guy like Weidman waiting and an entire division he'd have plenty of great match ups in (LHW).

Until Silva fights and beats him; then Weidman will have been a can or an easy fight, right?

I mean, that's how it was with Hendo, Okami, Belfort, etc.

1) You're an immature little kid
2) Don't attempt to put words in my mouth. Silva hasn't beaten anybody but weak to moderate competition his entire career. His best win? Most say Hendo - a guy that Jake Shields beat (a natural Welterweight).

Sonnen? Nearly half as many losses as wins when he beat him (both times). He still got mandled for 5 full rounds and made to look very beatable. Substitute any guy that can take Silva down, hold him there, and give him brutal GnP and/or subs and it's game over. Enter Chris Weidman.

If you hate Silva so much, what do you care when he fights?

That might be relevant, if anyone was saying Sonnen was the greatest ever and had no competition. Nobody is saying that about Sonnen. Some of you are saying it about Silva.

Pretty hard to take that seriously when Silva got manhandled like a child for 5 rounds by an above average middleweight.

You're just a wanna-be Chael, aren't you? Hahaha you're so pathetic, it makes me laugh. Seriously. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

He got manhandled when he had injured ribs by a guy who was pumped full of TRT...and STILL finished him. He is considered one of (if not the) greatest for a reason. He has not only broken almost every record set in the UFC, he SHATTERED them. He finished every opponent he faced in the UFC except 2. He went UP in weight and beat the snot out of everyone he face, including the former LHW champ. Big Nog became a legend and made a career out of coming back from the brink of defeat, but Silva can't do it once without being questioned by Shertards. You probably know these facts, but you're so desperate for attention that you just troll. Either that or you're that blinded by bias.

You're just a wanna-be Chael, aren't you? Hahaha you're so pathetic, it makes me laugh. Seriously. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

He got manhandled when he had injured ribs by a guy who was pumped full of TRT...and STILL finished him. He is considered one of (if not the) greatest for a reason. He has not only broken almost every record set in the UFC, he SHATTERED them. He finished every opponent he faced in the UFC except 2. He went UP in weight and beat the snot out of everyone he face, including the former LHW champ. Big Nog became a legend and made a career out of coming back from the brink of defeat, but Silva can't do it once without being questioned by Shertards. You probably know these facts, but you're so desperate for attention that you just troll. Either that or you're that blinded by bias.

Silva got manhandled AGAIN in their rematch for the first round and it was right off the bat. Did he have "hurt ribs" then too? Oddly enough, I remember seeing the UFC 117 warm-ups and Silva's workout looked fine to me. Apparently those bruised ribs must've really held him back! Like getting dropped by a Chael Sonnen punch. :icon_lol:

He can't put a whole damn division on hold like this for too long. It's not fair to the fighters, the fans, the UFC, or his sponsors. If he doesn't at least have a fight lined up by march of next year, he should be stripped. He has plenty of time to figure out what he wants to do, but he can't claim there's no challenges for him with a guy like Weidman waiting and an entire division he'd have plenty of great match ups in (LHW).

Not going to happen, nor should it. It's not Andersons responsibility to generate a number 1 contender. Until someone separates themselves from the pack, There's no point in him defending his belt. If he took fights like Weidman and Bisping, he would smash them, and the SAME PEOPLE who were begging him to fight them in the first place, would then turn around to say how they were overrated and undeserving. Silva is smart. He is not scared to fight anyone, he proved that when he destroyed Sonnen after he was apparently "ducking" him. This is the pattern with Anderson haters. HE IS DUCKING FIGHTER X, OMG! He then fights that guy, and guess what! Fighter X was never that good, and Anderson is still overrated. What a joke.

Don't forget Anderson GREASING up his entire body either or grabbing Sonnen's shorts like his life depended on it to stop the takedowns in their rematch. :icon_lol: Yes, Anderson not only CHEATED but was warned by the head of the NSAC (Keith Kizer) for it. If he ever does it again he'll be banned from fighting in Vegas for the rest of his career. Need a source/link? Just ask.

I saw him rub vaseline over his chest and arms, but they wiped it off before it was used. He grabbed Sonnen's shorts ONCE. Sonnen was pumped full on TRT for 7 rounds. So what? Silva was warned, Sonnen was suspended. It's all pretty clear who cheated who more.

1) You're an immature little kid
2) Don't attempt to put words in my mouth. Silva hasn't beaten anybody but weak to moderate competition his entire career. His best win? Most say Hendo - a guy that Jake Shields beat (a natural Welterweight).

Sonnen? Nearly half as many losses as wins when he beat him (both times). He still got mandled for 5 full rounds and made to look very beatable. Substitute any guy that can take Silva down, hold him there, and give him brutal GnP and/or subs and it's game over. Enter Chris Weidman.

You're being pretty immature yourself. So Hendo is "moderate competition" just because he lost to Jake Shields? First of all, Jake Shields is an excellent fighter. Since his father and manager died, his career has taken a downturn, but I understand that. Fighters aren't robots, and personal issues can affect their performance. Second, almost everybody in MMA has a bad loss on their record. Is Shogun moderate competition because he lost to Forrest? Does Rampage suck because Bader (who got knocked out by Tito) dominated him?

Also, its intellectually dishonest to pretend that Sonnen hasn't improved dramatically from his WEC days. He has looked awesome in the last 3-4 years. Some guys hit their stride late, just like some guys peak early and burn out. Overeem would hurt Shogun today, although it was a different story in Pride. Wand and Hendo were evenly matched back in the day, but I would fear for Wand's life if they rematched anytime soon. Today's Sonnen is an impressive win for anybody at MW or LHW.

Not going to happen, nor should it. It's not Andersons responsibility to generate a number 1 contender. Until someone separates themselves from the pack, There's no point in him defending his belt. If he took fights like Weidman and Bisping, he would smash them, and the SAME PEOPLE who were begging him to fight them in the first place, would then turn around to say how they were overrated and undeserving. Silva is smart. He is not scared to fight anyone, he proved that when he destroyed Sonnen after he was apparently "ducking" him. This is the pattern with Anderson haters. HE IS DUCKING FIGHTER X, OMG! He then fights that guy, and guess what! Fighter X was never that good, and Anderson is still overrated. What a joke.

I'm not going to claim he's ducking anyone, but he's putting an entire division on hold in holding out for fabled super fights that will probably never happen. He's the champion of a division, therefor if all he's aiming for is a super fight, he should relinquish his belt or be stripped. Weidman has proven to be one of the most talented contenders in a long time. Bisping with a win over Vitor will have clearly made a case for a title shot. If after their next respective fights Silva refuses to accept a challenge for either, the. Yes, he should be stripped of the belt for shirking his responsibilities as a champion. Imagine if GSP, or Jones, or any other champion didn't have a title defense scheduled after eight moths of inactivity for no real reason at all. They'd receive a fan backlash and shitstorm of the ages.

Silva got manhandled AGAIN in their rematch for the first round and it was right off the bat. Did he have "hurt ribs" then too? Oddly enough, I remember seeing the UFC 117 warm-ups and Silva's workout looked fine to me. Apparently those bruised ribs must've really held him back! Like getting dropped by a Chael Sonnen punch. :icon_lol:

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Chaels dreams being crushed.

AndersonSubmitsChaelSonnen.gif

azdr20.gif

I saw him rub vaseline over his chest and arms, but they wiped it off before it was used. He grabbed Sonnen's shorts ONCE. Sonnen was pumped full on TRT for 7 rounds. So what? Silva was warned, Sonnen was suspended. It's all pretty clear who cheated who more.

Wrong. Sonnen was fine pre-fight and post-fight for their rematch, not "pumped full" of TRT. He still controlled Silva and had him down WITH EASE. Denial is a bitch huh? Anderson was also as healthy as he could be and he still had no answer to his wrestling or top control. He grabbed Chael's shorts more than ONCE, or do I need to post GIFs showing it? I have them bookmarked dude, he HELD them for a while. He also greased his entire body, blatantly, and no ref "wiping it off" would've done. Ever tried to wipe vaseline off completely with a towel? Good fuckin' luck! The ref didn't even bother wiping his arms off. :rolleyes:

Back