Anderson - defend your title or reliquish it

Anderson will destroy anyone at MW.

Until there is a legitimate number 1 contender, he shouldn't defend his belt.

Also, I doubt you're actually a fan of Silva.

Well when weidman was healthy silva decided to take a break do obviously silva wasn't going to defend while weidman was the number one contender.

And since silva is so good why even fight.

Let's just have bones silva gsp and Jds stop fighting because no one is going to beat them. What a stupid argument.

That's kind of what the thread is about. One of the options TS gave was to give up the belt and not fight. It was fairly recent that GSP said no to a fight with him so he can we maybe give him 10 seconds to find a new opponent before we jump on the guy for going 2 whole months without fighting?

Weidman was healthy when silva decided he didn't want to defend his title.

Weidman needs another win or two to get a shot...so who cares? I'd rather have someone who REALLY poses threat fight him. ATM...I can't think of anyone. But probably Weidman if he can win 1 or 2 fights against top opponents, or Bisping if he beats Vitor convincingly enough.

this coming from a Silva fan, but c'mon, the whole division is a mess not knowing who gets a crack at the MW title.

Everyone in 'sherdogs top ten middleweights'* has a fight except weidman and munoz and of course Silva. So Munoz has no chance and Weidman has a couple of decent wins and not much brand name. GSP has a fight and doesnt want to fight him anyway, Dan Henderson is booked and wants to stay at LHW I guess- so there is no one except possibly Weidman (who I think is undeserving). Still would be good to see him shut up.

But anyway who do you suggest?

ps would coincide with a rio card probably

i think the GOAT will do as you say. this will mean something to him

Belcher
Boetch
Bisping
Belfort
Lombard
and Rashad at 205

anyone!!!!

Belcher's already fighting Okami next week and Boetsch is on that card too. Bisping and Befort(who already got KO'd by Anderson) are fighting a few weeks later. Lombard just got his first UFC win, Rashad at 205 isn't a title defense. Who else you got?

Silva defended against Chael THEN stepped in on short notice and saved the Brazil card. He has also said he is open to fighting Bisping. Silva is doing fine imo.

lol, you can't save a card by just showing up yourself. He was fighting a worse version of a guy he already beat in the most lopsided fight of that year. His fight with SB was a fucking joke.

lol, you can't save a card by just showing up yourself. He was fighting a worse version of a guy he already beat in the most lopsided fight of that year. His fight with SB was a fucking joke.

Yeah...and if JONES showed up...he could have saved UFC 151. If Anderson had gone the way of Jones and refused to fight Bonnar at LHW (above his weight class) on short notice...it would have been cancelled. The fight was a "joke" because he is that good. He made Forrest look like a clown. He made Leben a fool. He made a jester out of Franklin...twice.

Are you retarded? Bisping gets the shot if he beats Belfort, and Weidman is injured.

AS needs to fight. He can't wait till nov/dec. Anderson should fight Weidman in July. If Georges beats Nick, GSP should fight Hendricks soon, by summer, and that should be enough time, 6 months or so, for GSP to put on some weight to fight Anderson by the end of 2013. I would like to see that. Then Jones or Chael can fight Gustafsson AND the machida/hendo winner and then if Jones is still champ, he can take on Anderson in 2014. And if by some miracle Chael is the LHW champ by then, I'm sure it would be Anderson's pleasure (and his pocketbook's) to re-re-match Sonnen for the LHW strap.

Last edited:
He's willing to defend the title of its against someone that poses zero challenge to him.

What a guy.

Yeah,because he's chosen who he defends his title against throughout his entire UFC championship reign right? Not!! Try again! UFC determines who he fights up until just recently and he wont be choosing who he defends his title against next also,so your opinion is a dumb one.

I love the thread title. Like you're some fucking person of importance. I'm by no means the biggest Anderson fan on Earth, but the fact is, he's doing fine. He's the best fighter on the planet for fuck sakes. He's beaten everyone put in front of him. There is no clear cut contender, no matter how you try and justify it, so he can kinda do whatever he pleases at this moment. He can take time off, he can try and get superfights, he can fuckin fight James Thompson on NYE for a fundraiser.

And Sonnen made him look like a $2 hooker, laying on his back with his legs spread, taking a pounding all fight. Let's not forget that.

Lets not forget who is still champion and gave ur boy Sonnen a good ol knee to the solar plexus to get the tko win beating him for the second time after making him TAP OUT the first time! Haha WOW!!

Belcher
Boetch
Bisping
Belfort
Lombard
and Rashad at 205

anyone!!!!

Bisping and Belfort are fighting each other already
Boetch and Belcher are fighting in less than 2 weeks
Lombard lost a snoozefest to Boetch and just beat Paul Harris
And Rashad is going to fight Lil' Nog

You're an idiot TS