Anderson - defend your title or reliquish it

Yeah, I don't think he's defended it enough already. I mean, it's not as if he's holds the record for most title defenses or anything.

/sarcasm

Let the contenders duke it out until a clear cut #1 contender emerges.

Both pulled out of their upcoming fights with injuries. So again, who is available for him to fight?

Weidman was healthy when silva decided he didn't want to defend his title.

He fought two months ago on short notice to save a card. Let's have some patience.

So Silva beat Chael to defend the title in July, then took out Stephan Roid-Head in October and he isn't active enough for you. Who should he fight then I ask? Dana already said that Bisping/Belfort will get the next shot. So unless GSP suddenly decides to take on Silva, he will be back in May or June. Talk to you then.

its only been 6 months since his last title defense and two since his last fight

why are we crying?

the winner of Bisping-Belfort

Maybe he will fight them, but you can't sign a bout agreement that states you fight one of these 2 guys. So at this moment there is literally no fight Silva can take that makes any sense. Your post made it seem as if there are a ton of fights that make sense for Anderson, and there simply aren't. The two logical guys without a fight are injured and anybody else that can be considered for a title shot can only be considered if they win their next fight.

this coming from a Silva fan, but c'mon, the whole division is a mess not knowing who gets a crack at the MW title.

Jumping the gun abit -- It's still 2012. He has defended this year & he will defend next year.

If it was 2014 and he hadn't defended you'd have a point but it isn't and you dont.

TS, you should at least tell us who you think he should fight.

who is deserving? pretty much nobody. there is no n1 contender!

and who isnt scheduled to fight that isnt injured?

once in a year, twice last year. And hes gonna be waiting for bisping to finally maybe get a shot.

Yeah I know we have to be patient, but he's the #1 fighter in the world, we aught to know asap who he's fighting next.

Bisping is a massive underdog in my mind. Most people are talking like he is going to get a title shot like Vitor doesn't exist. Vitor is going to destroy Mike in all likelihood.

this coming from a Silva fan, but c'mon, the whole division is a mess not knowing who gets a crack at the MW title.

WTF are you talking about? He fought LESS than 2 months ago, and 5 months ago...he DEFENDED HIS TITLE FOR THE 10TH TIME!! I don't think you're actually a Silva fan. If you are, then you might want to keep up with what he has actually done. A lot of fighters don't fight for at least 6 months at a time, esp. champions (1-2 times a year). The MW division has pretty much nothing to offer Silva atm. It's not for the champ to decide who gets a crack at the title, it's up to the other fighters and matchmakers. You should be asking them to go and beat other contenders convincingly enough to earn a title match.

Weidman was healthy when silva decided he didn't want to defend his title.

Neither fighter was ever approached about fighting each other by the UFC. So the thought that he should have fought Weidman was in the court of public opinion. Do you really think Anderson would have turned the fight down had he been offered it?

Back