• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All FLW champions ranked

Shay Brennan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1. Demetrious Johnson - 11 defenses, 7 finishes
2. Deiveson Figueiredo - 2 defenses, very impressive destruction and choke of Benavidez, also nasty guillotine choke of Perez,
3.Alexandre Pantoja - 2 defenses, good 3 title fight wins although competitive and all of them are decisions
4. Brandon Moreno - 2 defenses, great knockout to win the interim title and good title fight finish of Figgy
5. Henry Cejudo - 1 defense, very impressive victory against DJ even though a split decision,
bad title defense against TJ who was cutting way to much weight.

Last edited:
Brandon Moreno actually has 0 title defences, I’d rank him lower than Pantoja

If DJ is #1 and Cejudo is somewhere in the top 5, I can't complain. I probably would just slide Kid Yamamoto in there for helluva it.

1. Demetrious Johnson - 11 defenses, 7 finishes
2. Deiveson Figueiredo - 2 defenses, very impressive destruction and choke of Benavidez, also nasty guillotine choke of Perez,
3. Brandon Moreno - 2 defenses, great knockout to win the interim title and good title fight finish of Figgy
4.Alexandre Pantoja - 2 defenses, good 3 title fight wins although competitive and all of them are decisions
5. Henry Cejudo - 1 defense, very impressive victory against DJ even though a split decision,
bad title defense against TJ who was cutting way to much weight.

Moreno has zero defenses and lost three times to pantoja. I can't rank him above pantoja who is lapping the division. Hell, one more win for pantoja and I'll have him above Figgy.

MM is by far the FLW GOAT and no one is even close.

I truly believe MM would be FLW champ today if he returned to the UFC. Pantoja doesn't have the cardio to hang with DJ for 5 rounds.

If DJ is #1 and Cejudo is somewhere in the top 5, I can't complain. I probably would just slide Kid Yamamoto in there for helluva it.

Cejudo helped make the FLW division more relevant by fighting TJ Dillashaw, but as a champion he is pretty underwhelming.

The only fighter he defended it against was the aforementioned TJ, who never fought at flyweight before or since that I can recall.

And Cejudo himself only won the title on a controversial decision, most of which believe he should have lost.

TJ cut weight to have an advantage over Cejudo, on top of testing positive.
People just shocked Cejudo made it look so easy, to the point of denial.
It's a great win.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Dodson finished him similarly.

source.gif

Should cejudo even be here? He didn’t beat demetrious johnson. He got a Mickey Mouse belt

TJ cut weight to have an advantage over Cejudo, on top of testing positive.
People just shocked Cejudo made it look so easy, to the point of denial.
It's a great win.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Dodson finished him similarly.

source.gif
Nah TJ looked like death in the leadup and has never once competed at 125 before. The fight should not have happened and only happened because of Dana's stupidity..TJ vs DJ was only interesting because DJ was so damn dominate and had nobody to fight and also refused to challenge at 135 without being paid well for it so Dana wanted TJ to fight him at 125. DJ refused and then after DJ lost a split Decision and Dana traded him away they scheduled TJ vs Cejudo at 125 which made zero sense.

Nobody knew how TJ would look at 125. Many fighters have done themselves a big disservice by cutting too much weight. Look at the pictures of TJ's cut to 125... Scary stuff

It'd be like if Aldo beat Conor. Then Conor tested positive for EPO. But not counting it as a legit win for Aldo because Conor had a tough cut.
Conor always fought at 145 and beat top guys like Poirier and Mendes so no... not the same at all. It'd be like if Khabib went down to 145 and looked like he was going to die while cutting weight. Many fighters have done themselves a disservice by cutting too much weight.

Conor always fought at 145 and beat top guys like Poirier and Mendes so no... not the same at all. It'd be like if Khabib went down to 145 and looked like he was going to die while cutting weight. Many fighters have done themselves a disservice by cutting too much weight.
If Khabib went down to 145, tested positive for EPO, and Topuria somehow managed to beat him. It would be a massive win.

Jussier Formiga has a better resume than some of these guys imo but since he's never been a WEC/ UFC champion, he's probably being underestimated in the FLW GOAT discussions.
Wins over:
#1 Shinichi Kojima
#1 Mamoru Yamaguchi
Alexandre Pantoja (#24 at the time)
#8 Chris Cariaso
#3 Zach Makovsky
#6 Wilson Reis
#6 Ben Nguyen
#4 Sergio Pettis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members