• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All BW champions ranked

I think Sterling could possibly be ranked higher than Yan but he's definitely not ranked higher than TJ and Cruz.

Either way, it's an impossible list since they've all got wins over each other. Nobody has really emerged as the clear best BW. Cruz just gets the nod since he won it twice in two different eras. And tbh if he didn't have those terrible injuries there's a good chance he would have even more defenses and really have this discussion locked.

OMalley could take that title of best BW ever with a few more defenses tbh

Cruz is a cheater so he is disqualified

But otherwise a fair analysis

I think Sterling could possibly be ranked higher than Yan but he's definitely not ranked higher than TJ and Cruz.

Either way, it's an impossible list since they've all got wins over each other. Nobody has really emerged as the clear best BW. Cruz just gets the nod since he won it twice in two different eras. And tbh if he didn't have those terrible injuries there's a good chance he would have even more defenses and really have this discussion locked.

OMalley could take that title of best BW ever with a few more defenses tbh
I think it’s clear that Cruz is well ahead, and to your point about O’Malley, he’d have to do quite a bit to surpass Cruz. Sean O’Malley only has like 3 ranked wins to Cruz’s 10. O’Malley would need four more defenses to exceed Cruz’s number, and Cruz’ s title defense number is only at 4 because he was stripped due to injury, and had to regain the belt.

It sucks TJ popped, that really fucked his legacy. That run he made was absolutely insane and he got greedy taking that fight with Cejudo. Assuming he wasn't on the epo before that......

Cruz doesn’t get enough fucking respect on here. At one point he was legit great, on a level with Aldo in terms of legacy, I still remember.

Here you go op fixed it for ya

Dominick Cruz -
Aljamain Sterling -
Henry Cejudo -
TJ Dillashaw -

Renan Barao -
Petr Yan -
Sean O'Malley -
Cody Garbrandt -

Cruz and TJ are certainly 1 and 2, I really wish the UFC ran back that fight considering how close it was, I would put Barao at 3, Sean at 4 and Sterling at 5, IF Sean beats Merab, I would move him up at 3 and 1-2 more defenses after that probably puts him past Cruz and TJ

Cruz and TJ are certainly 1 and 2, I really wish the UFC ran back that fight considering how close it was, I would put Barao at 3, Sean at 4 and Sterling at 5, IF Sean beats Merab, I would move him up at 3 and 1-2 more defenses after that probably puts him past Cruz and TJ

Agreed. That was a very close fight.
Close enough that I am not sure the judges got it right.

It felt like there was a huge amount of bias and Dom, at least from commentary was getting a lot of credit for TJ missing, without Cruz really doing a ton of effective damage to outweigh TJ being more offensive.

1 judge gives TJ one of the close rounds in that fight and TJ could have had a run with 7 or so title defenses
(and Assuscao and Lineker were better opponents than Dom fighting Uriah to settle some old lame "grudge" over WEC posters)

Screenshot_20240527_163424_Chrome~2.jpg

Sean is not over aljo due to the fact of the politics that played apart in that bout
and its disgusting you all keep playing ignorant about it. even sean himself said he didnt know if he could win.
heck his coach had to resort in playing games too. like no. sean has to beat merab and 2 more top 3 fighters to beat aljo.
but we all know in a rematch aljo destroys sean. also the ufc LITERALLY
was protecting sean. how you win the belt in a questionable victory then in your first defense fight a guy ranked number 6.....
Full of short dudes.
Man I wish Garbrandt had a stronger chin and striking defense. The version of him that beat Cruz that night was possibly the BW GOAT. The story behind the fight with him and Maddux is also a top feel good story in MMA.
ill admit that version of garbrandt was a sight to behold. and he was very entertaining.

Last edited:
Well this is just biased as FUCK.

How is Sterling not 1 or 2 on this list??

He beat Peter Yan and Dillashaw. How the record for most wins at BW, has the record for longest winstreak in BW, and the record of tile defenses

He beat Dillashaw who:
- lost to Cejudo
- 2 years out for PEDs
- came back and, let's face it, lost to Sandhagen
- came injured in the Sterling fight and lost again

Wow!
Come on!

And the Yan fight was actually very close, it could have gone either way.

Back