Aljamain Sterling re-signs with Ufc

I believe the UFC agrees. They don't do this that often. That's why it would be unique. Plus both guys are young and talented enough to bounce back from a loss. If they were to fight now, I believe they would fight again down the road for a title.

Right off the top of my head, the last example I can think of was Jones vs. Bader. Although the result was good for the UFC in that instance.

I don't think so.
Did he not release the numbers? I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Hopefully he releases his numbers so other fighters have an idea of where they should be.

I think that we're getting Sterling/Assuncao and Almeida/McDonald

That makes sense. If all works out well, I'd like to see Cruz fight either Almeida or Sterling this year.

It's been a long time since a Bantamweight champ had this many talented fighters coming for him.

Did he not release the numbers? I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Hopefully he releases his numbers so other fighters have an idea of where they should be.

No, he hinted that they he has a lot of nice bonus rewards.
Seems like that is the way Zuffa is going with contracts.
Henderson's offer was supposedly that way too (if he became champ)

In 2016, the AC reported pay is not a full barometer on a contract.
Signing bonuses, undisclosed bonuses, etc.
Who knows what they built into his deal?
He could get a bonus for beating a top 5 guy, etc.

Good signing for the UFC. I wish he would give a breakdown of the offers he received. Sounds like he still didn't reach his desired 40/40 hopefully it increased a lot from the 24/24 original offer though.

Good signing for the UFC. I wish he would give a breakdown of the offers he received. Sounds like he still didn't reach his desired 40/40 hopefully it increased a lot from the 24/24 original offer though.

He said he got up front money. Might mean signing bonus

Of course he did .. I expected this in spite of all prior talk to the contrary.

Amazing news. I want the best under the same banner, and Sterling has the potential to hang with the best in 2-3 fights.

I only like Almeida/Sterling if the winner gets the title shot, otherwise I'd rather see Almeida/McDonald and maybe Sterling/Assuncao

Glad to see he is staying in the UFC hopefully he was able to use his time in free agency to get a better contract, lots of great fights for Sterling at the BW division Id like to see him fight Caraway or Assuncao

Back