News Aljamain Sterling UFC 296 Ticket Fiasco

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC kicking their fighters out and pulling their tickets is not a good look…Seems this is becoming quite a frequent occurrence.
It’s a sad day in combat sports when active former champions are getting their tickets pulled and Nelk boys are getting in for free.

I hope that this is a mistake and not some blatant disrespect of fighters whom the company doesn’t favor.

UFC kicking their fighters out and pulling their tickets is not a good look…Seems this is becoming quite a frequent occurrence.
It’s a sad day in combat sports when active former champions are getting their tickets pulled and Nelk boys are getting in for free.

I hope that this is a mistake and not some blatant disrespect of fighters whom the company doesn’t favor.
The UFC seriously don't value their own product. How many times have you seen league owners or presidents of other sports organizations actively shit on their players? Meanwhile Dana will rip anyone. What kind of promotion plays down their attractions?

Dana's response was odd.

Tickets through a sponsor, or with a sponsor ...
yet UFC rejects it's own sponsors & former champs?

How does that explain the logic here?

Dana just put Aljo on notice. Gifting him a belt was a bit too much apparently.

The guy shows up while the ppv main card has already started. Trump is there. Then there’s some mix up. Shit happens. And what is the shit about “his team”? Just how many tickets did he request? Anything more than 2 would be ridiculous.

Maybe show up a little earlier, superstar. Just in case. Does he have any confirmation that he was actually supposed to be receiving tickets? Or did he just assume?

Unless he has proof he asked for X amount of tickets. And he has proof the UFC agreed. Otherwise it’s at least partially, or totally his fault.

The UFC seriously don't value their own product. How many times have you seen league owners or presidents of other sports organizations actively shit on their players? Meanwhile Dana will rip anyone. What kind of promotion plays down their attractions?
Aljo is an attraction?

Big surprise, U Fight Cheap being cheapskates yet again

Just a B league, no matter how they dress themselves

they don't want him in the arena because he's been or going to be pushing hard for a release to PFL. Don't want to give him any air time.

Dana offered him tickets but he said no. Where’s the dana sucks angle here? I’m not seeing it

Lmfao. Dana says that he personally seats people (Du Plessis/Sean) but conveniently forgot about Oscar nominee Sterling.
Except Dana apparently didn’t know about him. That is entirely possible.

So unless Aljo can prove he was given the green light by the UFC for X amount of tickets for “his team”. Then it could be a simple mistake/miscommunication. And I’m not putting the blame on anybody.

Right now it’s only Aljo saying he did have tickets at the will call window, or however they handle these things. Dana says he knew nothing about it. And actually assumed he went through a sponsor.

I just don’t think it’s kosher that any time anything happens. It’s ALWAYS Dana’s fault, and/or he’s lying. But then.. I’m not literally obsessed with hating the guy.

Just my opinion.

Except Dana apparently didn’t know about him. That is entirely possible.

So unless Aljo can prove he was given the green light by the UFC for X amount of tickets for “his team”. Then it could be a simple mistake/miscommunication. And I’m not putting the blame on anybody.

Right now it’s only Aljo saying he did have tickets at the will call window, or however they handle these things. Dana says he knew nothing about it. And actually assumed he went through a sponsor.

I just don’t think it’s kosher that any time anything happens. It’s ALWAYS Dana’s fault, and/or he’s lying. But then.. I’m not literally obsessed with hating the guy.

Just my opinion.
Shame on you SHILLington SHILLson!

Back