Aljamain Sterling re-signs with Ufc

Ask Bendo, Phil Davis, Josh Thomson and other guys that are moving from UFC to Bellator. After Reebok deal Coker's phone has been ringing.

& out of those the only UFC wanted to keep was Henderson.
UFC lost one fighter that they cared about since Reebok.
Since then they have signed every other fighter they wanted to new or extended deals and signed way more prospects than Bellator.
I get disliking Zuffa because they give enough reasons, but Coker himself said they are not going into a lot of bidding wars, because they cannot afford to.
Spike TV has been downgraded and they are bringing in less revenue than they were and all Bellator is to them is cheap programming.

Ask Bendo, Phil Davis, Josh Thomson and other guys that are moving from UFC to Bellator. After Reebok deal Coker's phone has been ringing.

Bendo is the only one out of those the UFC tried to keep. So one guy willingly left. Thomson gets 10/10 now, he was making 70k to lose in the UFC.

This is literally no different then its always been. Of course free agents want Bellator interest to drive up their price

This is literally no different then its always been. Of course free agents want Bellator interest to drive up their price

To be fair the Reebok disaster does come into play, but any yahoos that thought there would be a mass exodus are clueless.

Right off the top of my head, the last example I can think of was Jones vs. Bader. Although the result was good for the UFC in that instance.
I agree completely. If they were to fight it would be great and they can both bounce back from a loss.

Should get an official announcement any minute.

Bring on Sterling vs Almeida.

Jeremy Botter leaked it, FRB also.

Wonder what contract details are? Originally Aljo wanted 40/40. Rumor was Ufc at least matched that.

EDIT: Sterling just confirmed on mmahour

Aljo pretty much leaked like a week ago, great news

Good to see a fighter stand his ground and get a good outcome. Hope there are more to follow and either get paid or move to bellator/wsof. If the UFC wants to be the best org, it better pay like it.

Junkyard dog was awesome they don't make em like that anymore, and his music maaaaaaan what u talkin bout

jyd_large_huge.jpg

Kinda shocked, DW didn't really seem to care where he ended up a few weeks ago. I think Henderson jumping ship may have caused UFC reexamine their priorities and negotiation tactics.

Caraway is fucked. He ducked Dodson, is on a winning streak so now he'll have to face Sterling or Almeida. I doubt the UFC will make Sterling-Almeida at this point.

If WSOF was his biggest offer I doubt his negotiating position with the UFC was very strong.

Lemme guess, lemme guess!

Your gimmick is drunk Frank Shamrock?

No, recently acquired this job. Not sure if that is a shot at Frank Shamrock or if that is/was a username for someone. If it is a shot at Frank Shamrock, don't really care because he is not signed to the UFC and therefore it is out of the scope of the job.

No, recently acquired this job. Not sure if that is a shot at Frank Shamrock or if that is/was a username for someone. If it is a shot at Frank Shamrock, don't really care because he is not signed to the UFC and therefore it is out of the scope of the job.

Are you loyal to Zuffa, or the UFC? When Frankie Triples sells the basket, you stick w/ the wiseguys or you move w/ the mooks?

If WSOF was his biggest offer I doubt his negotiating position with the UFC was very strong.

Aljo has never even fought on a main card.

I'm not really sure how he determined he was some kind of huge draw that has the power to negotiate some huge deal.

No one even talked about the guy until someone pointed out he was ranked high and his contract was up.

Kinda shocked, DW didn't really seem to care where he ended up a few weeks ago. I think Henderson jumping ship may have caused UFC reexamine their priorities and negotiation tactics.

It's possible Bellator didn't wanna pay him much either because he doesn't have much pull yet ( though I think he could be a star. ) Also possible Dana doesn't want to start a frenzy with people going to Bellator. Paying Sterling an extra 20k a fight isn't that bad.

It's possible Bellator didn't wanna pay him much either because he doesn't have much pull yet ( though I think he could be a star. ) Also possible Dana doesn't want to start a frenzy with people going to Bellator. Paying Sterling an extra 20k a fight isn't that bad.

Bellator offer was actually less than WSOF

Back