News Alexandre Pantoja to defend Flyweight belt May 4th at UFC 301

Isn't Moreno already like 0-3 vs Pantoja? That little fucker keeps ruining FLW division.

Albazi is the obvious choice but getting a TS after pulling out of a fight is weird.

If not.. Horiguchi FTW. That would be awesome.
yeah he is 0-3 but to befair royval is 0-2 so it's not like it bumps away a contender

How bad FLW has looked since DJ left kind of discounts his entire career it realy was and is a very weak division
DJ is top 5 becuase of quantity not quality, although benavidez and cejudo ain’t bad
a guy like John Dodson, 5 foot 3, can only lose to DJ at flyweight, then go up and beat gamburyan, lose to 5 foot 3 lineker, beat wineland, lose to 5 foot 6 moraes, beat munhoz, lose to 5 foot 4 Rivera, lose to 5 foot 7 yan (while clearly being old at that point), beat Nathaniel wood, then lose to 5 foot 7 merab
A clear number 2, only losing to the champ becomes a 50/50 fighter just one weight class above
I mention their heights becuase when a short guy loses there are always people saying ”dude they got weight bullied he was 3 times the size of him! He fought 400 pound guys!” Just becuase the opponent is tall. Does that mean Magnys wins don’t count for example?

Give him Kape since we’re going for the most drama-filled, potentially exciting title shots.
They could do this, and put Nicolaus vs KKF on the card. If Kape misses weight they can throw in Nicolaus, even coming off an L it wouldn't be the worst short-notice shot ever.

That's of course if they can't sign Gooch & Albazi can't make it.

I like how active the guy is. I hate the boring accusations, the guy has always had exciting fights, he put on fight of the year contender with moreno where he dropped him, but the casuals will make it sound like Brandon pieced him up and lost by last second takedown in every round

rocked Royval multiple times too

but who can he fight?? Do they give Brandon infinite chances to win the belt again?

Wouldn't surprise me. Moreno is one of sherdogs most sucked off fighters ever.
I don't quite get the hate. He deservedly fought for the belt and drew, basically guaranteeing the rematch, which he finished.

Fig is the one who got the gift trilogy when Pantoja was injured, and got a close decision. Then Fig had the hands injuries, so the UFC booked an interim fight with KKF and Brandon (You could argue it should have been Pantoja, but he had a fight already in a few days, and was 2 wins off of Askarov who KKF just beat)

So obviously the next matchup is unifying the titles, and the trilogy was even.

I feel like people are more angry at him being in title fights than they are the supposed "chances" he gets, but that's just cuz he won all the fights that kept him up there

I don't quite get the hate. He deservedly fought for the belt and drew, basically guaranteeing the rematch, which he finished.

Fig is the one who got the gift trilogy when Pantoja was injured, and got a close decision. Then Fig had the hands injuries, so the UFC booked an interim fight with KKF and Brandon (You could argue it should have been Pantoja, but he had a fight already in a few days, and was 2 wins off of Askarov who KKF just beat)

So obviously the next matchup is unifying the titles, and the trilogy was even.

I feel like people are more angry at him being in title fights than they are the supposed "chances" he gets, but that's just cuz he won all the fights that kept him up there
Fig won the first fight everything after the 3rd fight is theater.

hearing anyone say Moreno won the 3rd fight makes me sick to my stomach. One of those ones that really goes to so that no matter how clear and not close a fight is, Bias will always dictate who won a fight. 48-46 at absolute best and we call it "close"

Last edited:
Well they don't compete there, so
I dont mean the short guys can't compete because they are small, I am talking about the skillset.. Moreno isn't good enough skill for skill to ever be champ at 135 or 145.... even if he was the same size as Aljo, Yan, or Max.

In my mind DJ fought 2 really legitimate opponents in Cejudo and Joe Benavides... okay fine 3 Horiguchi is a good fighter but I think he was pretty green when he fought DJ...

I mean honestly who are the goats of that division? Joe B, Cejudo, DJ, Sergio Pettis.... I mean those 4 fighters are actually great but after those 4 the drop off is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Fig won the first fight everything after the 3rd fight is theater.

hearing anyone say Moreno won the 3rd fight makes me sick to my stomach. One of those ones that really goes to so that no matter how clear and not close a fight is, Bias will always dictate who won a fight. 48-46 at absolute best and we call it "close"
Ah, but that didn't happen, so the rest of your post is a musical.

Moreno lost the third, so what's the problem? And you say 48-46? That's not an actual score for that fight, my guy. You wanna try that again?

Ah, but that didn't happen, so the rest of your post is a musical.

Moreno lost the third, so what's the problem? And you say 48-46? That's not an actual score for that fight, my guy. You wanna try that again?
why isn't 48-46 a score?

10-9
9-10
10-8
9-10
10-9

48-46

why isn't 48-46 a score?

10-9
9-10
10-8
9-10
10-9

48-46
"Bias" is a fun word to throw around. The existence of bias can, for sure, artificially increase the rates of people saying "this is the right score."

The creation of a score that basically no other people gave is probably a stronger indicator of bias though

"Bias" is a fun word to throw around. The existence of bias can, for sure, artificially increase the rates of people saying "this is the right score."

The creation of a score that basically no other people gave is probably a stronger indicator of bias though
I disagree entirely. Infact, I think Not giving a 10-8 in a round with a 5 strike differential and 2 knockdowns shows a bias for moreno. Anyother fight that's a clear 10-8 imo. when it's a moreno fight it's a 10-9

Probably Moreno again. Then after that he’ll fight someone else and then Moreno again.

Isn't Moreno already like 0-3 vs Pantoja? That little fucker keeps ruining FLW division.

Albazi is the obvious choice but getting a TS after pulling out of a fight is weird.

If not.. Horiguchi FTW. That would be awesome.
Technically only 0-2.
And the title fight was a close banger. If Moreno goes out and makes ez work of Royval again. It makes perfect sense to throw him back in there for another exciting one rather than rewarding guys like albazi for pulling out or kape for missing weight. And he's the biggest draw at flyweight.

Back