AldoStillGoat

Master of Science in Shookology
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Knock out Ankalaev
Rematch Jan and win legitimately

Move down for a title fight against DDP win the title

Move up and beat 2-3 top guys and win the HW title

I think this can make him the GOAT and he has more than enough time to do work in LHW and MW before moving onto HW once he’s 40+.

It seems like Alex is slowing down. He might be in twilight of his MMA prime right now.
He made many mistakes. High kicks were not working but he used them anyway, he had less power in his strikes. He was scared of muay thai - maybe it is his weakness? Khalil evolved but Poatan was very passive first 2 rounds.
Unless this 'injury' or 'sickness' during camp were legit and bothered him that much during fight.
We will know where Periera stands in his next fight.

not trying to sound like a Hater, Alex is good but the problem or shall i say the biggest
elephant in the room is the
Light heavy weight division of today AINT the Light heavy weight division that we all grew up in.
im not sure how long you been watching but i remember when holding the belt
was rare due to how dangerous the contenders were. and everyone had their own
style. that of course until the chosen one came and brought order to the division.

basically the 205 division aint the killers row 205 division from back then. its not his fault nor am i saying alex couldnt potentially
hang with prime jon jones or Chuck, DC, rashad, Lyoto, rampage etc etc. but the problem is the division is the weakest its ever been.

Hes already a legend in his own right tho, but due to the lack of True competition its gonna be hard
to call him the 2nd best GOAT in THAT DIVISION.

In the other thread you said Ankalaev will sleep Pereira. If you think that, why even do this mental exercise?

Your posts are schizophrenic. In one thread you say that Ank will destroy him, that Hill disrespects him because he knows he can KO him, and that Khalil had him in serious trouble. Then, you make a thread like this

{<huh}

Knock out Ankalaev
Rematch Jan and win legitimately

Move down for a title fight against DDP win the title

Move up and beat 2-3 top guys and win the HW title

I think this can make him the GOAT and he has more than enough time to do work in LHW and MW before moving onto HW once he’s 40+.
At this point, imo of course, all he needs is a win a HW...and he is the goat in MMA.

not trying to sound like a Hater, Alex is good but the problem or shall i say the biggest
elephant in the room is the
Light heavy weight division of today AINT the Light heavy weight division that we all grew up in.
im not sure how long you been watching but i remember when holding the belt
was rare due to how dangerous the contenders were. and everyone had their own
style. that of course until the chosen one came and brought order to the division.

basically the 205 division aint the killers row 205 division from back then. its not his fault nor am i saying alex couldnt potentially
hang with prime jon jones or Chuck, DC, rashad, Lyoto, rampage etc etc. but the problem is the division is the weakest its ever been.

Hes already a legend in his own right tho, but due to the lack of True competition its gonna be hard
to call him the 2nd best GOAT in THAT DIVISION.
LHW fighters back then where also great strikers and knows how to wrestle and strangle
if their striking fails

lhw fighters right now is too shallow we all see kickboxing fights
an explosive power double from rashad
even lyoto knows how to take his opponents to the ground

At this point, imo of course, all he needs is a win a HW...and he is the goat in MMA.
at this point if he does win at HW
can you post his resume and be confident that his resume is great?

i dont think so.

at this point if he does win at HW
can you post his resume and be confident that his resume is great?

i dont think so.
Maybe not Jon Jones...but, his short time in the UFC from a Kickboxer is impressive...of course we know if he is on his back he probably will turtle up against a Dagestan type fighter...but he has really carried well and done well..so maybe not a goat but something that entered and did well in such a short time.

Maybe not Jon Jones...but, his short time in the UFC from a Kickboxer is impressive...of course we know if he is on his back he probably will turtle up against a Dagestan type fighter...but he has really carried well and done well..so maybe not a goat but something that entered and did well in such a short time.
its impressive for sure
but theres difference between GOAT status like GSP or jones

people still to this day debate about whos the goat
guys like gsp and jones has impressive resume and record

people in the future would still argue about his resume
how shallow it is and the fast tracked title fights he had

especialy if he starts to lose.that day would come

The main thing he needs to do is beat a decent wrestler. I thought Jan should have gotten the nod against him, and Jan isn't exactly known for his wrestling ability. Doesn't matter how many more fights he wins, or what divisions he does it in. If he doesn't show he can negate a good wrestler, then there will always be doubts about him and accusations of him being protected from bad style match-ups.

a HW championship win including a title defence there is the only way.

It seems like Alex is slowing down. He might be in twilight of his MMA prime right now.
He made many mistakes. High kicks were not working but he used them anyway, he had less power in his strikes. He was scared of muay thai - maybe it is his weakness? Khalil evolved but Poatan was very passive first 2 rounds.
Unless this 'injury' or 'sickness' during camp were legit and bothered him that much during fight.
We will know where Periera stands in his next fight.
I would give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk those rounds up to being sick.

If Alex eventually goes UP tô HW, that would bê for the belt. Makes no Sense tô make him fight 2 or 3 fights before at This point, especially cuz the division suco right now. Its Tom or nothing

LHW fighters back then where also great strikers and knows how to wrestle and strangle
if their striking fails

lhw fighters right now is too shallow we all see kickboxing fights
an explosive power double from rashad
even lyoto knows how to take his opponents to the ground
BINGO ITS WAY to shallow. again not Alex fault but its just the truth. Dana better seriously start paying fighters
and stop being afraid to promote fighters cause man. cause its a few divisions thats having this drought.
but back to the good old days yeah
rashad used to wrestle alot and make fights boring but HE COULD KNOCK YOUR AZZ TF OUT if you wasnt careful
and Lyoto would barely do nothing however if you make a mistake with him BOP BOP he do some trick shit and your ass was done.
Dam i miss those days. match ups in the 205 division were nerve racking cause you just didnt know.

now that khalil is messed up and alex needs a break Who tf is gonna fight for the number one contender.
maybe they do that wrestler dude the ufc hates vs Jamal, jiri is done, like wtf. Dana better buy the PFL, ONEXC, BARE KNUCKLE,
hell K1 or whatever and do a mass importation of some 205 fighters cause man....... once alex go they might have to suspend it

Back