• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex Made Jiri Look Like A Bum Off The Street

Knocked out by pillow fisted Poatan. Jiri must be terrible. He should completely reinvent himself and forget everything that brought him success because he lost.

Finally some common sense in this thread.

Your getting skill confused with style.

Ferguson and Jiri are both very skilled, they just have a very unorthodox style and method

Ok you're def not wrong. Their styles just don't include protecting their face very well. Relying on durability and endurance more so than I see with other styles.

Reactions: HHJ
Juri style just too open for Alex, and his best wins are always takes lots of damage but pulls it out at the end. You can't just bet your chin against Alex fist is not going to end well.

As much as I like Jiri, Alex made him look like he's never fought before. If he lacked durability, he'd have lost to Rakic and Glover as well. The guy just isn't skilled enough to be fighting at the elite level. He needs to fire his coach and get a real camp. The schizo samurai crap has run its course. I hope for his sake and his fans that he takes a step back and evaluates his next move.
I feel like Alex forced Jiri into fighting against his natural game though, slow technical kickboxing is not his strength, hyper aggressive unpredictable striking and putting pressure on people us.

Jiri is literally undefeated in the UFC outside of Alex, doesn't make your original comment any less retarded no matter how big the wall of text you put up. <lol>

He's only fought 4 guys total, and one of them murder KO'd him.

That leaves a 42 year old retiring Glover who literally beat the shit out of Jiri and .... Oezdemir (8-6) and Reyes (7-4)

lmao

He's only fought 4 guys total, and one of them murder KO'd him.

That leaves a 42 year old retiring Glover who literally beat the shit out of Jiri and .... Oezdemir (8-6) and Reyes (7-4)

lmao
🤡

As much as I like Jiri, Alex made him look like he's never fought before. If he lacked durability, he'd have lost to Rakic and Glover as well. The guy just isn't skilled enough to be fighting at the elite level. He needs to fire his coach and get a real camp. The schizo samurai crap has run its course. I hope for his sake and his fans that he takes a step back and evaluates his next move.
I was never on jiri s bandwagon. These crazy unorthodox styles are fun to watch but typically are not enough.

Lol ur dumb

Jiris fighting style is what brought him here. Don't crap on him, praise Alex for stepping up

Jiris fighting style is what brought him here. Don't crap on him, praise Alex for stepping up

True.

Everyone knows Jiri is defensively-irresponsible.

However, Jiri brings the fire — he comes to fight — he comes to kill or be killed.

That works against 90% of the fighters that are weaker than Jiri, and don't hit as hard as Jiri — but it's not going to work against Alex Pereira — who is bigger than Jiri, stronger than Jiri, more technical than Jiri, and who hits harder than Jiri.

Jiri coming at Poatan like that is reminiscent of Joe Frazier coming hard against George Foreman — it was literal suicide.
Foreman was bigger, stronger, and hit harder than Frazier ... so , hard at a guy who beat you in every category is and can and well.

Jiri was simply out of his league, in every way.

Other than a lucky punch, he was guaranteed to lose on points or by KO. And with Alex it's going to be by KO.

He definitely needs a new coach and team.
But that's probably not going to happen.
I don't think he'll leave the Czech Republic and start training elsewhere.
He's very loyal to his coach and he's very patriotic and loves where he lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mukozune
Back