• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex Made Jiri Look Like A Bum Off The Street

Eh. Not everyone on the roster can be the absolute best. Some weight classes will have a revolving door of new champs for years, but every great once in a while a phenom emerges. DC was a hell of a fighter. He just wasn't Jon Jones. Max Holloway is an absolute stud. Volk just has his number. Similarly, Alex is an absolute wrecking ball of a striker. Jiri can beat technical guys who don't have power and he can beat powerful guys who aren't technical. Pereira is both and that just doesn't work in Jiri's favor. Is what it is

Knocked out by pillow fisted Poatan. Jiri must be terrible. He should completely reinvent himself and forget everything that brought him success because he lost.

It's the exact way I thought their first fight would go actually. Jiri gets hit way to easy to be fighting a guy like Poaton.

Knocked out by pillow fisted Poatan. Jiri must be terrible. He should completely reinvent himself and forget everything that brought him success because he lost.
Actually he does need to work on his defense, it sucks.

You know how Sherdog works, lose once, he was not that good/a favorable matchup. Lose twice, it's time to take your career behind the shed

You have the most technical kickboxer in the division against the most wild/unorthodox striker in the division that is completely void of defense.

In that style match-up the technical kickboxer will have a huge edge unless the other guy has way more speed/power/athleticism, which in this case, Jiri doesn't have (arguably slightly faster but not by much).

The most important aspect of MMA to remember is that styles make fights.

Just because he can't beat Alex he's a bum? Seems like vast overreaction in this thread, Jiri was ranked #1 contender going into the fight. He is at worst, top 3 ranked. Yes, he has holes, specifically defense but he's gotten very far & beaten some of the best LHWs in the world. I would still favour him over anyone else at 205 except Alex & maybe Ankalaev

The man himself said he needs to evolve or retire. But I'm the bad guy for saying it also.
You know how Sherdog works, lose once, he was not that good/a favorable matchup. Lose twice, it's time to take your career behind the shed

Jiri fights like he is a bum off the streets. No defence whatsoever, it’s embarrassing he was even given two title shots, shows how weak the division is, and exactly why poatan won’t get much credit from me, beating up bums
Another dedicated hater to add to the list with aldostillgoat and Ludwig Moises
<suzylol> <yerilol>

You have the most technical kickboxer in the division against the most wild/unorthodox striker in the division that is completely void of defense.

In that style match-up the technical kickboxer will have a huge edge unless the other guy has way more speed/power/athleticism, which in this case, Jiri doesn't have (arguably slightly faster but not by much).

The most important aspect of MMA to remember is that styles make fights.
Jiri reminds me of Tony in more ways than one. Both Jiri and Tony are wild and lack the basics.

The Rizin wins are all but worthless. Fight exhibition level talent, get exhibition results.

Jiri is a respectable 4-2 in the UFC. Both losses are stoppages and his signature wins right now are a 42 year old, retiring Glover who beat the absolute shit out of him and Rakic who is a never has been. They are fine wins, lets see how he does fighting more of his peers.

It doesn't bode well Jiri was getting tagged by someone as low quality as Reyes. I think its fair to say Jiri has some untapped potential because he hasn't evolved his style since he was fighting in the minor leagues.

I expect to see him suffer more KO losses from here without serious adjustment.
he has wins over:
Glover Teixeira (UFC champion)
Vadim Nemkov (Bellator champion)
Bruno Cappelozza (PFL champion)
Volkan Oezdemir (top 10, UFC title contender)
Dominick Reyes (top 10, UFC title contender, defeated Jones)
Aleksandar Rakic (top 10)

He went unbeaten for almost a decade. If you don't think he's elite, please try to name 10 LHWs better than him.

Some takes in this thread are embarassing. Guys fought on short notice to save a card and the one who lost is now a bum because a) Rizin belt doesn’t count and b) UFC belt doesn’t count either because Glover was old. Pffff

As much as I like Jiri, Alex made him look like he's never fought before. If he lacked durability, he'd have lost to Rakic and Glover as well. The guy just isn't skilled enough to be fighting at the elite level. He needs to fire his coach and get a real camp. The schizo samurai crap has run its course. I hope for his sake and his fans that he takes a step back and evaluates his next move.
That's because Jiri fights like a bum off the street. No defense at all and ugly ass punches and kicks. The fact that he is ranked this high isn't a testament to his skills but to how trash the striking in the UFC still is. Jake Paul would beat him in a boxing match and that's fucking embarrassing.

As much as I like Jiri
Starting off strong with a lie.

"He isn't skilled enough to be fighting at an elite level"

So despite beating Glover, Rakic, and Reyes....he is not an elite fighter because he has god tier durability? If that was the case, how come he was able to finish them if he just had a granite chin, he has to atleast have some sort of power and bjj to submit Glover.....One bad performance on short notice does not scribble all over that, my god. UFC fans are the worst.

Last edited:
I agree Jiri has always been overrated. Sure he is fun to watch, but his striking defense has always been trash and his 'chin' was bound to crack. Took everything he had to beat a 40 year old Glover.

he has wins over:
Glover Teixeira (UFC champion)

Quit your bullshit. Glover was 42 years old, his - literal - retirement fight, and he STILL beat the shit out of Jiri.

This highlights why Jiri is not as capable as all the other top fighters who beat Glover when he was younger, more athletic and not 100 years old.

Vadim Nemkov (Bellator champion)
Bruno Cappelozza (PFL champion)

Ok?

Volkan Oezdemir (top 10, UFC title contender)
Dominick Reyes (top 10, UFC title contender, defeated Jones)

LMFAO

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

jiri whole style revolves around eating punches and pressuring. tbf it had worked so far, he was on like a 12 fight streak of finishes before alex.

alex's style is his kryptonite though.

Back