Law Alabama passes law against raising minimum wage.

foxmexico.jpg

El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala. Lol @ your shitty geography.

Lol holy fuck is this real?

It's a particular level of shitty governance for the state level legislature to tell the local municipality that it can't raise its minimum wage.

What's next, the city can't raise it's property taxes? No city wage taxes?

What does some state senator from rural Alabama know about the economic needs of Birmingham? Yet another example of the politics of spite.

Upside is that the cost of living in Alabama is probably ridiculously low.

Downside is that there is no fucking way I'd ever even drive through the state.

Can we please get rid of this state already.

But they where would people go to rollplay to kill amocking bird?

Cool so California tax payers can continue picking up the slack of these right wing shitholes

We need to firm up these numbers and make them available for everyone. I'm in Toronto, and we have our provinces that suck on the fed's tit way too much.

I dont think 10 bucks an hour will get you to 6 figures. Maybe my math is off.

I can't speak to your math skills. But I'm curious to know just how high the minimum wage should be, and what makes you think that will work out long term?

is that legal?
i get passing a Statewide Min Wage (floor), but how can the state prevent a city from exceeding that?

In terms of this, you can generally 'add to, but not take away' from standards from a higher level of authority....

is that legal?
i get passing a Statewide Min Wage (floor), but how can the state prevent a city from exceeding that?

In terms of this, you can generally 'add to, but not take away' from standards from a higher level of authority....
The legality is questionable but still plausible. 2 other states have done this but Arizona later lost in court, I don't know if anyone challenged Oklahoma.

I can't speak to your math skills. But I'm curious to know just how high the minimum wage should be, and what makes you think that will work out long term?
Somehow I don't think an increase to $10.10 is catastrophic enough to warrant the state trying to stop the city from raising it that high.

I was 8 in 1990.

Nice try tho that was better than your usual posts
lol at 10 dollars/ hour. I'll remember this next time you're acting virtuous. It's hilarious, the people who bark the most are always part of the problem. Always. I sort of doubt you ever owned any such business, actually.

lol at 10 dollars/ hour. I'll remember this next time you're acting virtuous. It's hilarious, the people who bark the most are always part of the problem. Always. I sort of doubt you ever owned any such business, actually.

You literally have no clue what you’re talking about.

We pay higher than Minimum wage for the longest time plus tips. Waiters making $30-$40 an hour at the end of their shift.

In fact they make more than you do. You simply don’t have a fucking clue what you’re babbling on about. You’re not a smart guy, that’s why youre broke.

I think the worst part of this story is is, "In addition, the state legislation also means that employers cannot be compelled by law to provide leave or other benefits to workers"

You literally have no clue what you’re talking about.

We pay higher than Minimum wage for the longest time plus tips. Waiters making $30-$40 an hour at the end of their shift.

In fact they make more than you do. You simply don’t have a fucking clue what you’re babbling on about. You’re not a smart guy, that’s why youre broke.
You don't pay tips, as someone else pointed out. You pay people 10 dollars per hour. The waiters and waitresses earn that on their own, from people independent of you. You're the reason all these restaurant support staff are always out there shitting on people for not giving them a big enough tip. You don't pay them 30 dollars per hour, the customer does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back